The Knockers are Gunning for Leon, is MR Next ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Wounded by the dream of Wembley being snatched away, well almost, and losing a league game fans on the look out for a scapegoat have put their sights on Leon Clarke. Mark my words if we slump back to mid-table Mark Robins will be well and truly in the firing line, just a matter of time.

Sick Boy

He will start getting booed soon, which will do the world of good.

There are going to be a lot of people who are going to need help at the end of this season when they realise we won't be going to Wembley and will be spending another season in League one next year.

I'll never turn on Mark Robbins. He has turned down bigger clubs to stay here. He is the most dedicated CCFC gaffer i've ever know and even if we ose every game, as long as i know the manager and the lads gave their all, theres no reason to boo them, and i know MR will always try his best. Thats all we can ever ask

Sick Boy

I'll never turn on Mark Robbins. He has turned down bigger clubs to stay here. He is the most dedicated CCFC gaffer i've ever know and even if we ose every game, as long as i know the manager and the lads gave their all, theres no reason to boo them, and i know MR will always try his best. Thats all we can ever ask

Which clubs has he actually turned down to stay here?

LJC_CCFC

Clarke may have 5 in 10, but the lad is pitiful in the air and on the deck. He cannot link the play and his first touch is abysmal. Even when he won the game against Sheffield United, he was by far the worst player on the pitch hence when he scored the winner he stood in front of the fans for a good minute or so as if to say I know you've been heckling me, but look at me now I've scored the winner (knowing he'd played shit). I'm not saying get rid of him, but we need reinforcement up front hopefully Bradley Wright Phillips

Donnie Brasco

reading the post match interviews it would seem that MR is gunning for Leon. Given this surely any critiscm is valid. I think give the amount of chances that our squad has carved out most League 2 Strikers could take the top goalscorer in League 1. Clarke should be putting away more than he is.

I'm not going to boo him though, not while he is playing for my team.

Sky Blue Kid

MR hasn't turned down any other club....no other club has made a formal approach for him.
You are going on "The betting" ie= Donny, Huddersfield, Barnsley, etc. Nothing in it!:facepalm:

Ashdown1

I'll tell you what, after no success at all in any shape or form for decades, CCFC fans should be completely satisfied with their lot and not discuss ways in which or why their team have took a turn for the worse once again in the New year. We have a good hungry manager now who is asking questions about the failures, should the supporters not have an opinion either?? I don't advocate or condone booing or negative support inside the stadium but the thought police on here seem to want to quash different viewpoints again.

Warwickhunt

I don't think MR is gunning for Clarke at all he has made a statement thats all! I cannot disagree with him because as you seen on Saturday Leon Clarke had a rush of blood and cut into the box with the ball and laid in a wonderful ball. What MR is saying why does not do that all of the time! his scoring is comendable at this level but his all around game needs some work,

Donnie Brasco

He is gunning for Clarke. He has made a statement that his performances are not good enough. Obviously he wants him to succeed not fail, but he is singling him out for critiscm/praise.

Score more goals
Coventry City manager Mark Robins has issued a challenge to his striker Leon Clarke to start knocking in the goals.
Coventry have failed to score in their last two games despite having the better of both of them. It was the failure to convert the plethora of chances into goals that has now threatened to derail a promising season in which a promotion challenge and a Wembley cup final were distinct possibilities, but are now looking like outside chances.
The 1-0 home defeat to Yeovil has opened a 4 point gap between the two teams and a top six place and City have played two games more than their rivals.
Robins has told his Clarke he is looking for a more consistent contribution despite scoring 5 goals from his ten games since signing for the Sky Blues.
Robins told the Coventry Telegraph's Alan Poole: “Leon certainly needs to be better in and around the box because sometimes he looks like a world-beater, other times the proverbial panel beater. He’s worked OK but some times he can be a little bit stronger than he shows. That’s a label he’s carried around with him in his career and he’s better than that.
“He scored twice against Sheffield United and everybody’s toasting him, but it can’t just be one in six or one in three, it’s got to be more often than that when you’re playing for a club like Coventry and Leon’s played for some big clubs, Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, so he knows exactly what’s expected.
“I’m still learning about him but he needs to learn about me as well. We just need that extra little bit of quality now because things have changed. Teams are coming here and parking the bus and if we are going to break them down we have to be cleverer and we have to work harder.
"Nobody is going to give us goals, especially at this stage of the season, unless you’re us, of course, because we’ve let them waltz through and score again. If you put the week’s two games side by side, you’ll see a very similar story, we’ve created a lot of chances and we haven’t taken one, which is embarrassing.
“That’s why strikers get paid more money and at the end of the day they haven’t done their job. There are certain levels of expectations when you are playing for this club and one of them is that you take your chances; I need people scoring goals.”

Which clubs has he actually turned down to stay here?

Blackpool already approaded him but he told them he wasnt interested. The club were pondering whether to give permission but as soon as Robins heard, he phoned up blackpool and told them he had no interest in leaving. Thats what i heard. And also he rejected Donny earlier on in the season

Ashdown1

Fair play Mr Robins, that's the sort of boss we need, not the sort who wants to take them out for a beer and befriend everyone.

Sick Boy

Blackpool already approaded him but he told them he wasnt interested. The club were pondering whether to give permission but as soon as Robins heard, he phoned up blackpool and told them he had no interest in leaving. Thats what i heard. And also he rejected Donny earlier on in the season

Where did you hear this?

There was no formal approach from Doncaster, he distanced himself from speculation through the press.

Grendel

Where did you hear this?

There was no formal approach from Doncaster, he distanced himself from speculation through the press.

There was no approach at all. It's just made up nonsense.

The Reverend Skyblue

I just think its stupidity of the highest order to slag off/boo/criticise Robins so early into his tenure.

What a car crash he walked in to, and some people think he should of sorted that mess already. He is young and hungry and really passionate about the sky blues,i love the way he speaks about the team and the fantastic followings we get,mainly away ,and he never takes any prisoners in his post match comments as well, so he must be just as hard during the training midweek, and i am confident he will get it right given this season and at least next. He needs time, so lets give him time.

Thorn seemed best mates with the team,which plainly he should'nt have been, and Robins seems to me to be the polar opposite.He demands effort at all time and wants the players to improve themselves, both off and on the ball.We seem a hell of a lot fitter already ,which has had the effect of us scoring late on and pushing on to the full 90 minutes in nearly all the games of late, something we all know never happened under the previous manager.

Its still a young side, and i feel given the start we had ,that some fans are being much too impatient, and too demanding, with both the team and Robins in thinking we will get automatic promotion or a certain playoff place,this season

He will get it right, even if we have to stay in this bloody league 1 more season. When we go up lets go up with a young, hungry ,fit, skilful, never say die team, i feel it may be too early this season to get all this in place, it is impossible for all this to happen overnight .

We have tried changing manager every 10 minutes,and it has been a disaster, so lets try sticking long term with one.

Its worked in the past, back in the seventies and eighties when we at least gave most of them 2/3 seasons, more in some cases, it can work in the this era

The Rev

Last edited:

RichieGunns

Ok based on what's been said here, I'm willing to give Leon a chance.

Maybe I've been a little gungho critisising him though my thoughts still stand none the less.

Robins is obviously on his case and as has been seen with other players in our squad, I can see Leon responding to him.

If he doesn't, he'll be out, simple as that.

Until then, I'll reserve my judgement and give him the same amount of support I give the other lads!

PUSB!

Where did you hear this?

Sky Sports News confirmed Robins has already rejected an approach from Blackpool before they tried with Owen Coyle. Now they're coming back for more, but they ent getting him

If anyone is even thinking of questioning Mark Robins' you need you're heading seeing to.

On the subject of Leon I think everyone can see what his potential can be if he applies himself. Mark Robins has taken it on as his mission to make him a success (being a striker himself). Leon is someone that needs to be loved and think it takes the pressure of him when Elliott is up there with him. Sooner or later the tide will turn and we'll start converting these chances im sure of it!

Sky Blue Kid

@ Trueskyblueliam

Blackpool Want Mark Robins

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Sunday, 10th February 2013
Views: 1914

City Boss Wanted
According to The People this morning, Blackpool FC want Mark Robins to become their next manager.
Blackpool, who have had managers Ian Holloway lured away to Crystal Palace and Michael Appleton to Blackburn Rovers, are looking for their third manager this season.
Robins, who was linked with the Huddersfield Town job, said at Thursday's Press Conference that he was commited to his job at Coventry City and was planning for next season.

Where exactly in the above statement, does it say that ANY TEAM have made a FORMAL approach for MR???
ONLY a formal approach can be turned down....everything else is "HEARSAY"......We could say we want Messi but it doesn't mean we have made a formal approach, does it!:facepalm:

we could say we want Messi....but it doesn't mjean we have

Sky Blue Kid

@ Trueskyblueliam

City Boss Wanted
According to The People this morning, Blackpool FC want Mark Robins to become their next manager.
Blackpool, who have had managers Ian Holloway lured away to Crystal Palace and Michael Appleton to Blackburn Rovers, are looking for their third manager this season.
Robins, who was linked with the Huddersfield Town job, said at Thursday's Press Conference that he was commited to his job at Coventry City and was planning for next season.

Where exactly in the above statement, does it say that ANY TEAM have made a FORMAL approach for MR???
ONLY a formal approach can be turned down....everything else is "HEARSAY"......We could say we want Messi but it doesn't mean we have made a formal approach, does it!:facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

@ Trueskyblueliam

City Boss Wanted

SkyBlue_Bear83

I just think its stupidity of the highest order to slag off/boo/criticise Robins so early into his tenure.

What a car crash he walked in to, and some people think he should of sorted that mess already. He is young and hungry and really passionate about the sky blues,i love the way he speaks about the team and the fantastic followings we get,mainly away ,and he never takes any prisoners in his post match comments as well, so he must be just as hard during the training midweek, and i am confident he will get it right given this season and at least next. He needs time, so lets give him time.

Thorn seemed best mates with the team,which plainly he should'nt have been, and Robins seems to me to be the polar opposite.He demands effort at all time and wants the players to improve themselves, both off and on the ball.We seem a hell of a lot fitter already ,which has had the effect of us scoring late on and pushing on to the full 90 minutes in nearly all the games of late, something we all know never happened under the previous manager.

Its still a young side, and i feel given the start we had ,that some fans are being much too impatient, and too demanding, with both the team and Robins in thinking we will get automatic promotion or a certain playoff place,this season

He will get it right, even if we have to stay in this bloody league 1 more season. When we go up lets go up with a young, hungry ,fit, skilful, never say die team, i feel it may be too early this season to get all this in place, it is impossible for all this to happen overnight .

We have tried changing manager every 10 minutes,and it has been a disaster, so lets try sticking long term with one.

Its worked in the past, back in the seventies and eighties when we at least gave most of them 2/3 seasons, more in some cases, it can work in the this era

The Rev
nobody has booed Robins or slagged him off an even any criticism is minimal

shropshirecov

Robins has done a good gob since he's been here. No question. However, If we don't make the play offs, will it be because of the bad start we had under thorne/shaw? I'm not sure it will, if you're one point off the play offs with 3 months of the season to go, with our form since Robins took over, we should be making top six.

The Reverend Skyblue

nobody has booed Robins or slagged him off an even any criticism is minimal

The OP stated this in his post, and i was just replying why he should'nt be.
I just presumed he had heard people slagging him off at the match and in another thread somewhere ,someone stated that he heard a fan shouting "the honeymoon period is over Robins", and another shouting "what are you going to do now Robins"
Neagative comments that are not deserved, if they actually heard fans shouting this.

dongonzalos

Wounded by the dream of Wembley being snatched away, well almost, and losing a league game fans on the look out for a scapegoat have put their sights on Leon Clarke. Mark my words if we slump back to mid-table Mark Robins will be well and truly in the firing line, just a matter of time.

Fisher and Wag for me

If we sign 14 players we should win this league.

I am in the don't sack your manager after 3 games camp which is why I blame them.

I think most are in the AT should have been sacked at the end of the season camp.

Either way it is their decision that has cost us the league.

Grendel

Robins has done a good gob since he's been here. No question. However, If we don't make the play offs, will it be because of the bad start we had under thorne/shaw? I'm not sure it will, if you're one point off the play offs with 3 months of the season to go, with our form since Robins took over, we should be making top six.

Not really. No club with our points total after 8 games has ever made the top 6 in this League.

blueflint

Clarke may have 5 in 10, but the lad is pitiful in the air and on the deck. He cannot link the play and his first touch is abysmal. Even when he won the game against Sheffield United, he was by far the worst player on the pitch hence when he scored the winner he stood in front of the fans for a good minute or so as if to say I know you've been heckling me, but look at me now I've scored the winner (knowing he'd played shit). I'm not saying get rid of him, but we need reinforcement up front hopefully Bradley Wright Phillips

will you give over bradley wright phillips not coming here m8

Users who are viewing this thread