The Injured (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Bell - 2 months
Thomas - 1 month
Fleck - 1 week
Cameron - 2 weeks
Christie - 1 month

CJparker

Thought that the other thread says Thomas is out for 2 months?

covkid69

is bell ever fit to play....he always seems to be bloody injured :thinking about::thinking about:

dongonzalos

This is why you need a big squad. We are a couple of numbers down on last season where the squad was too small. Experience wise.
With the squad as it is we will need a lot of luck to get into the playoffs. However look at the injuries we have already! Hopefully that is the end of it for a while.
The telegraph seems to think it is a formality that wood is off. I find that very frustrating.
We are now two players short of the correct squad size for the play offs. Wood goes that is three in my book.

BTW who broke the news about Deegan nobbling conor. You have a good source.

Astute

We are not down on numbers from last season. Then we had players from the academy thrown into the 1st team. We have another 6 for this season, but as we have signed so many other players for this season they have been forgotten about. Some of them will be brought in slowly and will be added to our numbers, not played because we have no choice from the start.

Grendel

We are not down on numbers from last season. Then we had players from the academy thrown into the 1st team. We have another 6 for this season, but as we have signed so many other players for this season they have been forgotten about. Some of them will be brought in slowly and will be added to our numbers, not played because we have no choice from the start.

Agreed you only have to look at the team and the bench that lined up for the first game last season compared to what this will be - it will be better balanced and stronger - and that is in a weaker league with much smaller squads.

ccfcway

It was in a story about 3 weeks ago, said something about him being the highest earner.

LOL, here was me thinking it was today !

Featuring in the pre season games now, I get a feeling he might stay

Hope so, as he should be captain !!

wingy

By my reckoning we're still anywhere between £0.5 -1M. short of breakeven for the season ,thus sales at some point ,Be that a combination of Wood/Hussey or possibly Christie or A.N Other in Jan.

dongonzalos

sorry astute that is why I said experience wise. You saw what happened last season it is not fair to expect kids to play more than a gradual introduction. It is not the receipe for promotion. However I know it won't mean relegation like last time.
We are down on experienced first team players.

Last edited:

ccfcway

By my reckoning we're still anywhere between £0.5 -1M. short of breakeven for the season ,thus sales at some point ,Be that a combination of Wood/Hussey or possibly Christie or A.N Other in Jan.

By Fishers reckoning, we are losing 500k a month still :thinking about:

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is why you need a big squad. We are a couple of numbers down on last season where the squad was too small. Experience wise.
With the squad as it is we will need a lot of luck to get into the playoffs. However look at the injuries we have already! Hopefully that is the end of it for a while.
The telegraph seems to think it is a formality that wood is off. I find that very frustrating.
We are now two players short of the correct squad size for the play offs. Wood goes that is three in my book.

BTW who broke the news about Deegan nobbling conor. You have a good source.
Always feared when Brown came in he was a direct replacement for Wood, at the moment we have 6 CB which is to many for a club in our position. If Wood leaves don't expect him to be replaced

Edge
Malaga
Wood
Brown
Cameron
Willis

At the moment I would still say we need 1/2 more CM

ccfcway

CCFC.co.uk are listing the squad as...

Goalkeepers - 3
Defenders - 10
Midfielders - 9
Strikers - 6

Excluding the kids, we have 8 defenders, which is cover in each position, which is about right.

pusbccfc

Christie till chrimbo

dongonzalos

CCFC.co.uk are listing the squad as...

Goalkeepers - 3
Defenders - 10
Midfielders - 9
Strikers - 6

Excluding the kids, we have 8 defenders, which is cover in each position, which is about right.

The two players I think we are missing is a striker and midfielder.

Then another defender if wood goes.

Just not confident about 2 French lads partnering each other as their first experience of British football.

Mucca Mad Boys

sorry astute that is why I said experience wise. You saw what happened last season it is not fair to expect kids to play more than a gradual introduction. It is not the receipe for promotion. However I know it won't mean relegation like last time.
We are down on experienced first team players.

Experienced players: Elliot, 28, Kilbane, 35, Murphy, 29, Baker 29, Sheffrey, 29 (might be wrong, if so, sorry), Jennings, 27, Wood, 27... Experience is clearly there and imo, as we have an older team this year and we have a good mix between experience and youth, plus our younguns have had their 'baptism of fire!'

dongonzalos

And AT, hence when Jenning and the Pole are on trial

Agree, fingers crossed. This I. Why we need plus replacements for anyone else.who goes.
Otherwise playoffs imo will be down to our luck with injuries.
Sign these and hopefully it will be totally or own Destiny

dongonzalos

Experienced players: Elliot, 28, Kilbane, 35, Murphy, 29, Baker 29, Sheffrey, 29 (might be wrong, if so, sorry), Jennings, 27, Wood, 27... Experience is clearly there and imo, as we have an older team this year and we have a good mix between experience and youth, plus our younguns have had their 'baptism of fire!'

Sorry buddy our squad is not more experienced than last season.

Count the experienced players who have left.

Grendel

It is far more experienced as 2 of the players that left - Eastwood and McPake never featured. Deegan was very ineperienced at Championship level as were the 2 loanees. Bigi was also very inexperienced. The majority of new players have played at League One level or equivalent.

SkyBlue_Bear83

it is more experienced than last season imo

Last season we went in with 3 or 4 players who had never made an appearance at any level of football playing first team roles for the majority of the season

skyblueman

Jennings and another defender will do fine for me for the time being - that's as good a squad as we can afford and a lot better than I was expecting to be honest - let's run with that and see what it looks like come January

dongonzalos

Keogh
Cranie
Clingan
Mcpake
Bigi
Deegan
Platt

Eastwood yes experienced but a waster.

Elliott
Fleck
Kilbane

Ball less experienced than the above
Brown about the same maybe as Bigi

Malaga and edge experienced in another country. However let's include them.

7 experienced players out 5 in of which a couple will need time to adapt to this country.

I can't see how it can be correct to say our squad is more experienced this year.

Jennings will bring some. Peter will need to adapt.

I don't think we can afford to lose wood.
However maybe financially we can't afford to keep him.

dongonzalos

Jennings and another defender will do fine for me for the time being - that's as good a squad as we can afford and a lot better than I was expecting to be honest - let's run with that and see what it looks like come January

Definately better than I was expecting by a mile.
However far from certs for promotion that some seem to think. Couple of signings away

Mucca Mad Boys

It is more experienced, Keogh + Cranie, 25 been replace by Malaga + Edge, both 25, Clingan, 28 been replaced by Jennings, 27, Nimely by Elliott, 28, Norwood, 20 by Fleck, 20, Kilbane replaced Bigi, 35 to 18, 110+ intl caps to 0, Deegan, 25 (about) been replaced by Barton, 21, BUT, Barton is more exp at Championship as that was where he was putting in his best performances Mcpake weren't at club for * all of last season so he's out of the equation, Platt imo, although experienced, didn't impact the game nor was he a great leader so that counts for little him leaving.

stupot07

It is more experienced, Keogh + Cranie, 25 been replace by Malaga + Edge, both 25, Clingan, 28 been replaced by Jennings, 27, Nimely by Elliott, 28, Norwood, 20 by Fleck, 20, Kilbane replaced Bigi, 35 to 18, 110+ intl caps to 0, Deegan, 25 (about) been replaced by Barton, 21, BUT, Barton is more exp at Championship as that was where he was putting in his best performances Mcpake weren't at club for * all of last season so he's out of the equation, Platt imo, although experienced, didn't impact the game nor was he a great leader so that counts for little him leaving.

Fudging again - discounting Platt so you can do a Nimely vs Elliot to prove your point.

smileycov

Facebook User
Keogh
Cranie
Clingan
Mcpake
Bigi
Deegan
Platt

Elliott
Fleck
Kilbane

7 experienced players out 5 in of which a couple will need time to adapt to this country.

I can't see how it can be correct to say our squad is more experienced this year.

You seem to me to be moving goal posts to suit your opinion!
Bigi was not experienced at all. Edge and malaga are experienced, it is irrelavant that it was another country . Doubt that man city fans think Aguero and silva were not experienced! Mc Pake hardly played.

We are more experienced this year, whether or not we gel as a team and the foriegn lads settle in to league 1 life is an all together different question.

Grendel

Keogh
Cranie
Clingan
Mcpake
Bigi
Deegan
Platt

Elliott
Fleck
Kilbane

I am unsure as to your motives here but you are wrong. Bigi is not experienced and neither is Deegan. Barton is more experienced than Deegan. platt was experienced but poor so ball is a better option. Mcpake was not experienced in terms of games and was only sold as he was not part of our plans.

johnwillomagic

As usual Dongonzales and a few others speaking complete tosh......distorting facts themselves and then complaining if someone else does the same in a counter argument.....what a surprise! :thinking about:

We are in a far better squad position than last year taking into consideration that we are also playing at a lower level of football. To have five injuries none of which are long term is nothing unusual most teams will have a few out come the start game of the season. We have loads considering you can only name 16 in your matchday squad anyway and can only in reality involve 14!!

A while ago I challenged someone to look at teams "current" squads and compare numbers to ours stating that ours will be one of the strongest.....funnily enough had not one reply.......we have about 30 on squad list which I am sorry Dongonzales should be more than adequate for a decent manager to make a good fist of it in league 1! We will be allright.....PUSB! :pimp:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Keogh
Cranie
Clingan
Mcpake
Bigi
Deegan
Platt

Elliott
Fleck
Kilbane

Mcpake didn't bring much experience last year as he wasn't at the club for most of it, Gael certainly wasn't experienced going into last season I have no idea why you have said that. Deegan has limited experience

Kilbane and Elliott are probably more experienced than any of those players having played a good amount of games at the highest level of football in this country
Ball, Brown, Fleck and Barton have a similar amount of experience to the likes of Gael and Deegan
Add to that Thomas, Christie, Clarke and Cameron have another years experience to call upon compared to this time last year
Mcodnald has a years experience in the championship where as before he had barely played above league 2 level

The fact you list Gael as an experienced player last season makes me think you are having a joke as he had never played a competitive game a year ago

EDIT

Can I also say you have said "Brown about the same maybe as Bigi"

Yet you have included Gael as an experienced player out but not Brown as an experienced player in, imo both have very limited experience but going by your benchmark of an experienced player you should have included Brown if your questionable judgement thinks Gael is an experienced player

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Fudging again - discounting Platt so you can do a Nimely vs Elliot to prove your point.

You are a joker, Platt might be old, but hardly exp'd at Champ level! Ball imo, is a better player and the fact a lot of Derby fans wanted him to stay shows that and last time I checked, Derby are a league above us?

P.s. there is a reason Platt has joined a L2 side who came 20th last season!

Users who are viewing this thread