The hype has started (1 Viewer)

Nantwich Skyblues

How can he say people want to come here..we are under an embargo and no sign of it being lifted... he is just towing the line now to cover his arse and try to get some season tickets selling....all stinks to me!

TheRoyalScam

:thinking about:That's the transfer embargo enforced because our accounts haven't been signed off by auditors because we have no guarantee of funding for next season.

:thinking about:Those accounts were due ages ago, yet we were told it would take a matter of 2/3 weeks to finalize them and thus end the transfer embargo.

:thinking about:I'm with SonofErnie on this one - hype, lies, hype, smoke and mirrors, and more hype.:blue::blue::blue:

diggerdaley

Every summer we get all this positive bullsh*t,actions speak louder than words sign 5 or 6 good players then we may believe,unless we can reduce the ground rent & have a decent wage structure we are knackered.

honestmike

Tell you what shitsu file the accounts, get the embargo lifted - allow thorn to bring in some players and then maybe we will renew our season tickets. If not go f£$k yourself

Thorn obviously believes them as he said he wasn't going to stick around without being allowed to restructure and bring in some new bodies.

You'd have thought he would've learned by now.

Otis

SKY Blues boss Andy Thorn has revealed he has already made contact with potential summer transfer targets ahead of the last game of the season against Southampton.

Not this again! :facepalm: What happened to the striker who was 7' 6 and all the other signings we were promised?

He may be looking, but it's just in the window, there's a hole in his pocket where his wallet used to be and the shop is closed.

SonofErnie

Surely there is no one left who is gullible enough to buy a season ticket based on these 'promises'. If you're a loyal supporter who wants to buy one, fair enough, but for goodness sake don't do it because your expecting an exciting team full of new signings.

Nick

Administrator
I have just been out looking at new cars, stopped off at the Ferrari garage and called in at the Lambo dealership too. There is no way I am actually going to buy them, but it sounds good ;) Going to look at houses on the Kenilworth road tommorow!

I have just been out looking at new cars, stopped off at the Ferrari garage and called in at the Lambo dealership too. There is no way I am actually going to buy them, but it sounds good ;) Going to look at houses on the Kenilworth road tommorow!

I think Thorn has been looking at Maisonettes in Wood End and 25 year old Peugeots that have done 200,000 miles. We have every chance of getting them on the cheap :p

chiefdave

shall we have a sweepstake on how long it is before Fisher tells us they're leaving no stone unturned?

Grendel

Thorn obviously believes them as he said he wasn't going to stick around without being allowed to restructure and bring in some new bodies.

You'd have thought he would've learned by now.

He doesn't believe them he just wants you to believe him.

The Reverend Skyblue

This is what makes me angry, this bulls**t from the club all the time. Do they honestly believe the fans will believe it, if they do they are even more stupid that i thought they were.

They have been saying this ever since they came here, but more so in the lsat two years.They treat us with total contempt and like others have said all they are doing is trying to sell season tickets based on total lies.

I actually find these words disgusting, and my loathing of SISU, and all its many faces grows daily. Thorn should stop all this now and we will believe it only when it actually happens. Treat everything that comes out of the club with disdain and the abhorrence it deserves.

I'll buy my season ticket when i see the things they say they will do, when they actually do it, and not before. I plead with the club to stop all this bulls**t now.

The Rev

canleykid

Nick them houses are cold mate Dnt buy there,if u go deedmore road Henley u get good value for ur money,honestly this thing with thorn I'm looking at players great how about getting players sisu are saying u can have messi ronaldo and robben now then they've just realised there's an embargo erm wake up Andy there stringing u along,how come there saying we can have players now when before the embargo we couldnt have anyone

skybluehugh

This is what makes me angry, this bulls**t from the club all the time. Do they honestly believe the fans will believe it, if they do they are even more stupid that i thought they were.

They have been saying this ever since they came here, but more so in the lsat two years.They treat us with total contempt and like others have said all they are doing is trying to sell season tickets based on total lies.

I actually find these words disgusting, and my loathing of SISU, and all its many faces grows daily. Thorn should stop all this now and we will believe it only when it actually happens. Treat everything that comes out of the club with disdain and the abhorrence it deserves.

I'll buy my season ticket when i see the things they say they will do, when they actually do it, and not before. I plead with the club to stop all this bulls**t now.

The Rev

And the bulls*** has started even earlier this year. They normally wait until the last day of season. I am sorry but this is why I can not abide Andy Thorn, he has just turned into shitsu's mouth piece for the sake of keeping his job. Yes he needs to work but he should also have some morals and spine and tell us as fans the truth or NOT say anything at all for them.

thorninmyside

You would have to be a mug to believe it. And an even bigger mug to pay for a season ticket. Give them nothing.

If you want a dog to stop begging you have to refrain from feeding it your scraps.

musicmanskyblue

I thought next years budget plan has yet to be presented to Sisu and advised by Barber..

"As I said at the weekend, my immediate objective is to carry out a review and restructure which leads to a business plan and accompanying budget to achieve a bounce back to the Championship.

"The club will present the plan and budget to the owners and the owners' advisors. Paul will duly review and support the owners in our subsequent discussions.

So how can these promises be made until it's known what the budget (if any) is?...

kepit 2 yusen

Sorry guys, this won't work again. By the time the embargo is lifted these targets will have gone elsewhere or we'll make derogatory offers to the clubs/players in question and the usual excuses will be used.

Exactly ! We were conned last year, they have a f&@£ing nerve turning on the charm offensive again this year. Their words mean nothing !
I am now getting decidedly pissed off with the whole situation, too many are chipping from the club, Sisu, council, Hoffman, keys plus all of the others. The so called experts couldnt deliver a pizza between them never mind promises that actually mean something.
My guess is we will be no further forward come start of new season if we are here at all !!

dongonzalos

I may have this wrong but I am pretty sure sisu sold tickets last year initially stating they are trying to resign Marlon, gunnar and Westwood. Then once this was apparent that it was not going to be happening. The money freed up from those three plus turner carsley and mcindoes wages. Was to be invested in players. Do you think Murphy Dunn and mcdonald's wages were comparable to the above mentioned 6 players. My guess is this year they will keep saying a budget is on the verge of coming. Then when it comes right at the end of the transfer embargo. It will be fantastic news the club is saved. No players signed a couple out. All you poor buggers conned again out of your hard earned money. Please for your own sake make your decisions once the players are signed, or kept at the club. Don't make you decision now.

Simple really if you dont believe the players will come in dont buy a season ticket till they do.

In reality even if we brought 5 in no saying they wont sell 15.

Sisu_Cockroaches

Thorn is a puppet on a string, who will do/say what ever Sisu tell him too as long as he gets his wage at the end of the month. Its hideous.

Otis

But didn't Thorn say he would only stay if they backed him?

So what is he going to do. Sit around and twiddle his thumbs in the hope the embargo is lifted?

Last edited:

Sisu_Cockroaches

I like Thorn but it doesn't mean i think he is the man for the job. There is no way he will walk he wants his salary. The problem is we have a club run by people who have no interest other than the salary they get and thats a fact.

Grendel

Thorn is a puppet on a string, who will do/say what ever Sisu tell him too as long as he gets his wage at the end of the month. Its hideous.

I find myself agreeing with all of this. It's ironic another thread is full of threats and bilge aimed at a certain individual who delivered a decade of premier league football yet thorn can effectively spout nonsense and get away with it. Thorn has no interest in the club. It's just a pay check and a management training ground. Disgusting.

Jim

Ridiculous statement....

The guy loves the club and is desperate to do well here. He is clinging onto what little hope he can, as it would be unprofessional to lash out.

Users who are viewing this thread