8 w, 4 d, 4 l or
7 w, 7 d, 1 l or

Lose to Forest
32 games played, 22 pts
14 games to play 28 pts needed=

9 w, 1 d, 4 l or
8 w, 4 d, 2 l
7 w, 7 d, no l!

This does not make for good reading! If the number of pts needed for safety is less then the situation improves slightly or we actually win these two games. The teams just above the relegation zone have 30 pts with games in hand and so 20 pts from 17 games for these teams may not be too difficult!
Lets be realistic there is no chance when we have lost 18 games out of the last 30! Time to plan for League 1.:mad:

operationprem

Agreed we are down I love this club and can't even bear to watch it anymore first time I havnt even listened to the game on Sat for years an years, we may get a draw tomorrow but will lose at forest and that will be the final nail hope I'm wrong

rob9872

I've just spoken to Andy and he said don't panic there are still another 48 points to play for

stnomskyblue

I do agree that we will go down. Have said so all season. But I think all this analysis is flawed. If we were to stay up, we simply need to get 9 points more than 3 of the 4 teams above us. Who's to say they will get any more points? But I am not sure that we would even get 9 more points! :whistle:

hughescov

I do agree that we will go down. Have said so all season. But I think all this analysis is flawed. If we were to stay up, we simply need to get 9 points more than 3 of the 4 teams above us. Who's to say they will get any more points? But I am not sure that we would even get 9 more points! :whistle:

9 points seems like a hard task thinking about it..

Brighton Sky Blue

It depends which City turns up. If it's the first half vs Reading-there's absolutely no chance; if it's the 2nd, and Portsmouth have points taken off, there's an outside chance I'd say. Can they put in 90 minutes of good football for every game that's left? I very much doubt it, but until it's mathematically impossible I won't be writing us off just yet. Blind faith and all that ;)

stnomskyblue

It depends which City turns up. If it's the first half vs Reading-there's absolutely no chance; if it's the 2nd, and Portsmouth have points taken off, there's an outside chance I'd say. Can they put in 90 minutes of good football for every game that's left? I very much doubt it, but until it's mathematically impossible I won't be writing us off just yet. Blind faith and all that ;)

Fully with you there BSB. I believe we will go down, but will continue in hope that we dont.

Otis

Well, certainly looks like 8 wins needed or thereabouts.

How on earth are we suddenly going to win 8 in 16 when we can only manager 5 in 30?

Users who are viewing this thread