The Good, the bad and the ugly! (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

The good: Fans were good! Loud! Arsenal fans we spoke to after the game said the Cov fans were amongst the best they had seen there! Good party atmosphere. Performance to was good. Scoreline Deffo flattered arsenal. Bailey I think looked very good. Moussa also had a touch of class.

The bad: Brown had a stinker. Goals we conceded we're poor. And we missed our last train back to Norwich from Cambridge so had to fork out an extra £100 for a taxi.

The Ugly: Big brawl after the game outside the stadium. Which prompted coppers on horses to come rushing in, and then one of the horses fell over. Bit silly for a capital cup game. Especially with a lot of kids about.

Extra: thought Walcott looked very good. Can't believe how quick he is! Streakers were hilarious. Padded seats were a dream. I had a score cast of Giroud to score first and arsenal to win 6-0. Couldn't believe we scored! Won't complain though. Had a cracking day. Albeit long.

PUSB

the good: our fans were right on form and the van persie song was class. stadium was beautiful but not a patch on the ricoh, lol

the bad: missed first 12 mins trying to get in with another 3000 cov fans getting in was a joke. arsenal fans were shockingly quiet all match with just a couple of bursts of arsenal.

the ugly:didnt see any trouble after, where was that. but did see some in the 12 pins before cuz arsenal fans couldnt take a joke and w took over "their" pub. had to walk for miles from coachtostadium

the extra.was just a great day out and one we may not get for a long long time. PUSB

ccfc92

The good: Fans were good! Loud! Arsenal fans we spoke to after the game said the Cov fans were amongst the best they had seen there! Good party atmosphere. Performance to was good. Scoreline Deffo flattered arsenal. Bailey I think looked very good. Moussa also had a touch of class.

The bad: Brown had a stinker. Goals we conceded we're poor. And we missed our last train back to Norwich from Cambridge so had to fork out an extra £100 for a taxi.

The Ugly: Big brawl after the game outside the stadium. Which prompted coppers on horses to come rushing in, and then one of the horses fell over. Bit silly for a capital cup game. Especially with a lot of kids about.

Extra: thought Walcott looked very good. Can't believe how quick he is! Streakers were hilarious. Padded seats were a dream. I had a score cast of Giroud to score first and arsenal to win 6-0. Couldn't believe we scored! Won't complain though. Had a cracking day. Albeit long.

PUSB

Saw the horse fall over, was pretty close to where I was. Wasn't a good sight, and sounded horrible :( but I didnt see any Cov fans involved, only saw Gooners :thinking about:

rob9872

How can anyone find streakers "hilarious"? I know I'm a grumpy old sod, but unless there is some kind of protest or at least show something original, then I find it irritating :(

Astute

How can anyone find streakers "hilarious"? I know I'm a grumpy old sod, but unless there is some kind of protest or at least show something original, then I find it irritating :(

Were you at the game? Everyone found them funny. The 1st 1 walked onto the pitch and then removed his jeans on the edge of the penalty area. Kept his skids on. The other 1 left his jeans on. No offence caused. They couldn't catch them. No harm done for us :p

North York’s Blue

The Good: Our fans, simply superb, even the couple of Arsenal fans I spoke to afterwards mentioned this without any prompting. The players (up to 55-60 min mark), good committment and to still be in the game at that stage is worthy of a mention. The Stadium - good design and looked very impressive. Our goal: Great cross, good finish.

The Bad: Their support; apart from a group next to us in the bottom tier; they were poor and hardly woke up.

The Ugly: The scuffle in the Twelve Pins as mentioned above; could have turned ugly. One Arsenal prick with a Chris Waddle style mullet trying to goad the Cov fans with shouts of 'come on you Northern Monkeys' on the way to the ground; thankfully he was ignored.

skybluesam66

ugly -

arsenal fan on his own with his mrs -

being goaded by about 10 sky blues schoolboys on the way to the coaches

started off in good humour but when they started being verbally aggressive and abusive to them, that was out of order - and if they had bumped into an arsenal gang coming the other way, they would have deserved what ever kick in they had coming to them

humour and banter yes - they went far past that, and if it was me and my mrs, the scrawny gits wouldnt have been so cocky

And if they are on here and back from school - hope they are proud of themselves

Astute

I left the Twelve pins about 5 mins after the beer was thrown from the brave people at the back of the crowd soaking their own fans. Saw no scuffles though. If they would have warned me I would have opened my gob wide and nit wasted the beer.

it was in the main bar and went into the one with the big screen. security done sweet fa and left the smallest barmaid to sort it out and boy did she have a mouth on her, lol

was just after 7 i think

ccfc92

i saw the horse go down, hope its ok

wanker wannabe hooligans:jerkit:

It got back up, and was walking okay, so I'm sure it was fine. But around the ground the floor is covered in some sort of vinyl crap, so no wonder it fell over. Well done Arsenal :facepalm:

I left the Twelve pins about 5 mins after the beer was thrown from the brave people at the back of the crowd soaking their own fans. Saw no scuffles though. If they would have warned me I would have opened my gob wide and nit wasted the beer.

Exactly the same time as i left - there were a few stood on tables and I was right at the back , i seen the beer go flying towards the front , I washed my pint down and made my way past the Highbury flats and got there just as game kicked off,

Best game for atmosphere i've ever been to and i'm pretty much a ten games a season kind of guy - around 6 away games a mixture of the nearest or biggest and a couple at home (boxing day a must) and 1 or 2 others ,

what kind of category fan that drops me in I don't know, but I had never enjoyed a game so much as last night,

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Were you at the game? Everyone found them funny. The 1st 1 walked onto the pitch and then removed his jeans on the edge of the penalty area. Kept his skids on. The other 1 left his jeans on. No offence caused. They couldn't catch them. No harm done for us :p

I was at the game and didn't see the funny side tbf! So not everyone found them funny. I might be alone on that admittedly but I don't see the humour.

Astute

Not sure the atmosphere was as good as some are saying. It was decent, but many games in recent years better it...

Not sure but might depend on where you were in the ground. Someone asked me if I could move up a bit as where he was had a lack of people singing and it was loud where I was.

I have a sore throat now, but worth everything :p

Astute

I was at the game and didn't see the funny side tbf! So not everyone found them funny. I might be alone on that admittedly but I don't see the humour.

How about the cheer he got when he gave us the :jerkit: sign? Didn't come near us after that.

I suppose you would say the same if it was a tasty bird in just a g-string running around the pitch? :whistle:

wingy

They both helped Murphy out facing the penalty,no striker likes a delay of 2 mins when taking one

North York’s Blue

it was in the main bar and went into the one with the big screen. security done sweet fa and left the smallest barmaid to sort it out and boy did she have a mouth on her, lol

was just after 7 i think

It was just after 7, me and my oldest tried to calm the 4 of them down before the barmaid came over, the Cov lad that I had hold of wasn't happy at all with the Arsenal lads!

ampthill_sba

Good: our fans, gutsy performance and chance to cheer a goal and saved penalty; all a given. The chant 'how shit must you be Shrewsbury scored 4' sung at 3-0 was v amusing! Their second goal by 'the Ox' sheer quality.

Bad: two v wayward passes in midfield lead directly to goals; one from Barton and the other from Bailey. Missed target by McSheffrey in 2nd half.

Ugly: saw no agro at all; in fact I thought the gooners were v friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread