The Godden injury (1 Viewer)

larry_david

What happened yesterday? Is it psychological? He pulled up from aa great little ball in and then sat down and we all thought, here we go again. But even a min before that walker went down the left, skied a cross over the box and it landed 5 ft from MG who left it.

5 mins later he's running around like a little terrier and pretty much got stronger as the game went on. Just can't work out what happened

skyblu3sk

Happens a lot even when players aren't coming back from injury. May be a case of overthinking this one.

cc84cov

Thought he was done tbh and it has happened again was surprised he carried on,didn’t hear any mention of it after so fingers crossed

Esoterica

I've had similar, although not as severe, and sometimes it would just take time to get warmed up. Would have to play through the discomfort until it warmed up and then I'd be fine.

stay_up_skyblues

MR seemed to suggest he felt pain in his foot but it transpired to be different (in area?) to his previous injury. So fingers crossed no harm done. Our chances are massively improved with a front two of him and Walker for the run in.

CCFCSteve

I actually thought after that scare he started doing more running, chasing down etc. Hopefully it was just mental. Still our best striker so need to keep him fit this season (although hoping/expecting Walker to kick on next season)

Cov kid 55

I would start Gyokeres and Walker, they looked potent and both have shown they can take a chance. Gyokeres offers a physical threat. Godden just doesn’t look ready yet to me, did take his penalty well, however.

larry_david

Gyo was actually ready to come on as well and it looked like Godden just went on a sprinting spree and once he did that, he was fine. Maybe that's the end of it now he's got over this hurdle.

Users who are viewing this thread