The Gay Footballer (3 Viewers)

SkyblueBazza

Arguably in the football world it is a proper issue that needs addressing.
Yes sadly - but a footballer saying he is gay is hardly going to change anything is it? Football crowds are a reflection of society, but perspective is needed too. There is fear of bigotry from individuals such as the guy reported, but it is probably more from direct influences like maybe those in the FA/PL/FL itself & club staff rather than fans.

Same with the big kick it out campaign. A lot of good work has already been done. Whilst the preferred number of cases would be zero, for all we hear about the rise of the far right (EU thread!) there were 274 reported cases of racist abuse & 63 faith abuse cases in English football last season. So whilst yes those numbers are up on the previous season...& assuming every case involves a different perpetrator it is hardly at epidemic levels. There are far bigger issues out there that need attention imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What a bender. 1st thinks we actually care who he's shagging, 2nd hasn't got the guts to tell us.

Sorry pal but whoever you I are I really don't care what you do on or off the pitch unless it affects ccfc.

ajsccfc

Presentazione-Juan-Jesus-01.jpg

As a lookalike it has to be said Robert Powell was a poor casting choice in hindsight.

Gazolba

Female footballers are way ahead of the men.
Several have openly admitted they are gay and some are married to other women.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm not religious but I don't think he plays & nor was gay, & the other one plays in the PL so can't be him either

Nor am I religious, but a bloke that wore a long dress and had 12 geezers that followed his every move and kept up with their undying love for him? :emoji_thinking:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"Jesus loves you!" - A phrase quite happily accepted throughout the Christian church, but if ever you find yourself incarcerated in a Mexican jail...………...:emoji_sweat_smile:

PurpleBin

Female footballers are way ahead of the men.
Several have openly admitted they are gay and some are married to other women.

Everytime I watch womens football I can't help but wonder what the changing rooms are like after the game.

covbromsgrove

I agree with Houchen on this.

If a person is gay, the majority keep it to themselves, but it's also fashion to be camp, and because of this they have a tendency to be attention seekers. ILiving in China Quarter in Brum we also have the gay village next door and it's only when we have the gay parade do all the exhibitionists come out. The gay community hate them as it detracts from the real issues they want to be heard.

SkyblueBazza

If a person is gay, the majority keep it to themselves, but it's also fashion to be camp, and because of this they have a tendency to be attention seekers. ILiving in China Quarter in Brum we also have the gay village next door and it's only when we have the gay parade do all the exhibitionists come out. The gay community hate them as it detracts from the real issues they want to be heard.
Yep...the way some people try to make their point is perverse at times. That is a good example. As is the Extinction Rebellion Protestor's causing city centres to grind to a halt. Do they realise that people in their vehicles will sit with engines running for much longer as a result? That obviously burns more fuel, for longer & pollutes the air...which we breathe & there begins the next child's asthma attack! What about the heart transplant patient or essential live saving drugs that cannot get to where they are urgently needed to save lives? What about the kids that cannot get to school or college or Uni to learn more about climate change & how we might deal with it on a more practical level?

But no, let's turn up & create merry hell, have a bit of a laugh & do some bonding. Then pat each other on the back for a job well done before we head off home to carry on leading the same lives we did before the protest, & the same lives of those whose lives we just severely disrupted! Mental isn't it?

Joy Division

The gay community hate the Gay Pride event?

fernandopartridge

Yep...the way some people try to make their point is perverse at times. That is a good example. As is the Extinction Rebellion Protestor's causing city centres to grind to a halt. Do they realise that people in their vehicles will sit with engines running for much longer as a result? That obviously burns more fuel, for longer & pollutes the air...which we breathe & there begins the next child's asthma attack! What about the heart transplant patient or essential live saving drugs that cannot get to where they are urgently needed to save lives? What about the kids that cannot get to school or college or Uni to learn more about climate change & how we might deal with it on a more practical level?

But no, let's turn up & create merry hell, have a bit of a laugh & do some bonding. Then pat each other on the back for a job well done before we head off home to carry on leading the same lives we did before the protest, & the same lives of those whose lives we just severely disrupted! Mental isn't it?

Even though you're right about the affects of cars sat in traffic, they're probably looking at a much bigger picture than that

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Even though you're right about the affects of cars sat in traffic, they're probably looking at a much bigger picture than that

It's such a poor thought out argument that is just looking to have a go at protesters.

'Ha, stupid employee driving to work, doesn't he know that driving costs money meaning he's wasting his time'

SkyblueBazza

They are certainly creating a bigger effect by keeping up their actions to make a point that the vast majority of governments, politicians & people in general already have an awareness of & indeed accept.

Users who are viewing this thread