The game has gone (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Simply put, VAR should not have been involved in that decision. If the ref didn't give it on the pitch, why were they putting their tuppence worth in ? Same with the Thomas possible handball off the back of his shoulder 🤦‍♂️
The whole thing is a joke.

VAR should be getting involved if the Linesman has missed Wright being a yard off and they need to correct it. Bringing it in there to force a miscalculation that was done incredibly quickly is just cheating.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its a c**t of a decision. No doubt about it, but surely all this conspiracy talk is nonsense based purely on the fact that if "they" wanted to use VAR to ensure Man Utd progressed, "they" would have simply not given the penalty.

As I say, its a c**t. VAR has always been a fucking shit idea. We've been properly fucked by it here......

Happy_Martian

Its a c**t of a decision. No doubt about it, but surely all this conspiracy talk is nonsense based purely on the fact that if "they" wanted to use VAR to ensure Man Utd progressed, "they" would have simply not given the penalty.

As I say, its a c**t. VAR has always been a fucking shit idea. We've been properly fucked by it here......

The Wan Bissaka (him again ?) handball was more obvious. His arm may have been behind him but it was outside the normal body silhouette and it diverted the direction of the ball when it was struck. Same way I thought the Man City handball should have been given. If your arm is not at your side, it could interfere with play.

Or did VAR feel guilty/ got lambasted by FA officials about giving that so they made amends with the winning goal ? ;)

The watchmaker

Well, yeah, that does look very much in our favour. It is the wrong angle though unfortunately.
The angle isn't great and you don't have the ball being kicked in the same shot... but if you look at the grass lines when he picks he ball up he is 2 yards on so somewhere very shortly after that freeze frame with the toe off where COH is in the process of kicking it Wan-Bissaka goes past him. VAR should show us the next frame and do the Crayola's all over that and if he is on by then it has to be benefit of the doubt to the attacker?

MalcSB

The Wan Bissaka (him again ?) handball was more obvious. His arm may have been behind him but it was outside the normal body silhouette and it diverted the direction of the ball when it was struck. Same way I thought the Man City handball should have been given. If your arm is not at your side, it could interfere with play.

Or did VAR feel guilty/ got lambasted by FA officials about giving that so they made amends with the winning goal ? ;)
It was a penalty.
Perhaps VAR bottled the offside because there was no time for United to come back from that if given as a goal. You could see from the reaction of all their players except the tosser in goal that they thought it was a legitimate goal and they were out.

RoboCCFC90

I've looked at the image almost a hundred times and I still have the same feelings.

1) The VAR lines don't look to of been drawn at the right moment.
2) Not clear and obvious.

The rule is if it's not clear and obvious the referee should stick with the on-field call, like they did against Wolves, but they chalked it off and I don't feel it's an obvious offside.

It hurts today because it was cruelly robbed from us by a dubious call, after we had all been allowed to celebrate what we thought was a winner..

All that being said, we still had chances to win the game, Godden went through, Haji dragged wide, Simms hit the bar, Simms pulled back to no one. If one of those goes in then the VAR call becomes irrelevant.

SeaSeeEffCee

I've looked at the image almost a hundred times and I still have the same feelings.

1) The VAR lines don't look to of been drawn at the right moment.
2) Not clear and obvious.

The rule is if it's not clear and obvious the referee should stick with the on-field call, like they did against Wolves, but they chalked it off and I don't feel it's an obvious offside.

It hurts today because it was cruelly robbed from us by a dubious call, after we had all been allowed to celebrate what we thought was a winner..

All that being said, we still had chances to win the game, Godden went through, Haji dragged wide, Simms hit the bar, Simms pulled back to no one. If one of those goes in then the VAR call becomes irrelevant.
‘Clear and obvious’ doesn’t apply to offsides unfortunately.

RoboCCFC90

‘Clear and obvious’ doesn’t apply to offsides unfortunately.

Don't know how that can be, ultimately is all the evidence on the VAR review accurate (time of the pass, etc), if not then it has to be questioned, but you are right.

Essexrobbie

Well it isn’t your day and now if you are on you are off.
Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

Users who are viewing this thread