The futility of trying to police the world (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

With the greatest respect to the bravery of the men and women who fought there, it seems another example how interfering ultimately achieves nothing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35153499

Yep, I agree.

However the agenda behind even venturing to Afghanistan in the first place is based on a necessity for 'commodities'. Sadly, I think the British forces sent were merely a smokescreen to the real agenda taking place. Only my opinion, mind.

eastwoodsdustman

I have a customer at work who is from Afghanistan. Had a chat with him 3 or 4 weeks ago and I asked about how things were 'at home' as his wife and daughter were out there. I was really shocked with the reply.
He basically told me that his town was being policed by one person(a taliban) and that whilst this bloke was policing it there was no crime and no trouble and as such this bloke was happy to have the taliban in charge as they were better than the corrupt government and police.
He also said that the taliban are generally just members of the local community who are looked upon to look after the area.
That being the case, it will be a war that is never won as the taliban a, are part of the community and b, are more trusted than the 'legal' police and government.

Users who are viewing this thread