The FA's fit and proper test for owners of clubs - How does it work for a hedge fund? (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

Not an attack on SISU but an honest question. How does the FA know whether or not a club owned by a hedge fund is secretly run by someone like Colonel Gaffafi?

Not for a moment suggesting SISU are run by Gaddafi because we are too skint. But if we don't know who own's the club, how does the FA? And should it even be legal to conceal major investors?

Surely their is a business ethics and football code of conduct question there. We could be owned by Leicester for all we know....

OyJimmy

Jimmy you are joking right?

No serious question. Do the FA ask for an investor list of some kind? In the financial services industry such checks are common to stop money laundering, fraud, etc. But I'm just wondering where hedge funds stand. What if SISU's investors were Gadaffi, Bernie Madoff and Mandick.

Would it be acceptable under the normal rules to have any club owned by a wanted war criminal, a bankrupt and an investor in another club. Obviously I'm sure this is not the case but I'd like to know the FA check hedge funds in the same way as they do other football investors.

I'm a bit surprised people don't care if someone like Doug Ellis owns us. Personally not knowing bothers me. If bothers me more than a convict playing for us.

Users who are viewing this thread