The fans are an embarrassment (1 Viewer)

Astute

Maybe I'm wrong then.

Seems to me that the fans need to give him more time and get off his case! We've been poor this season but what do you expect no wilson, Christie etc

So we are losing these games because they all have Wilson, Christie etc?

Nick

Administrator
How many more relegations would you like before you decide that he isn't any good?

Wrong formation for the players we have.

Brought in wrong players for system he wanted to play.

Makes the wrong subs or makes them too late......or both.

Won't change a system that clearly isn't working.

Losing to clubs at or near the bottom.

1 point out of 21.

I could carry on. It is time for him to go. But with him signing a new contract we might have to keep him.

Your lad is up late tonight!

Astute

You honestly believe we're that bad that we're going to go down and you can make that assumption in the middle if October?

1 point out of the last 21. If we only get 1 point out of the next 21 we will be cut adrift. And then maybe even you will wake up and see what is happening.

theferret

how much time is enough though before it is too late and we are down? Which happened with Thorn.

Agree. There wasn't a Thorn Out campaign right up until the last minute. We didn't want Robins to go. We weren't screaming for the depatures of Dowie, Coleman, Adams, Black or McAllister. It was only really Reid where we kicked up a fuss post relegation from PL. Totally wrong to say we're trigger happy supporters as far as managers go.

TheUKGryphon

Unless things change then YES. Are you really expecting the fans to be happy and say nothing about what's happening at our club?

Forgive us for airing our views to try and halt this terminal tail spin we're in.

Doushbag!

D

Deleted member 4439

I fully support the club. Where do I get my CCFC on L2 tour t-shirt from?

covmark

How many more relegations would you like before you decide that he isn't any good?

Wrong formation for the players we have.

Brought in wrong players for system he wanted to play.

Makes the wrong subs or makes them too late......or both.

Won't change a system that clearly isn't working.

Losing to clubs at or near the bottom.

1 point out of 21.

I could carry on. It is time for him to go. But with him signing a new contract we might have to keep him.
Top post.

For a change ;)

hutch1972

I just want to make it clear that Presley should stay and any talk of him going is ridiculous.

Why do we have the most fickle fans in the country?

Maybe change the way the fans are and maybe we will improve as a whole club.

To me, we always chop and change managers and players and constantly slag off the owners. Where has that got us? League 1, no permanent home, constantly selling our stars and a disillusioned fan base.
Unlike you, it seems that our supporters refuse to be lemmings anymore .

letsallsingtogether

Too be fair to the OP there are a few on here that keep saying we have the worst fans in the country.

If that is true it is all down to our owners they have caused this situation 100%.

Kingokings204

Too be fair to the OP there are a few on here that keep saying we have the worst fans in the country.

If that is true it is all down to our owners they have caused this situation 100%.

True, we all want SP to go in the main not because any of us dislike him I actually really rate the guy as a professional but he is poor and when you look at sisu and the team you have to put blame his way as that's the done thing as although this holds water the problems lie deeper down in the owners.

What I am trying to say is why is SP so crap? Why are the players so crap and not trying? The answers lie within the club and this Is the owners. They employed SP and we all know SW signs most players with players we can afford. The problem is SISU not SP. The reason SP is crap is because sisu hired him thinking he was good enough but in reality he was a cheap option from a crap league where he done nothing with crap players. He is doing the exact same to us.

Execpt for 1 half of 1 season he has been awful, tactically inept and his substitutions always frustrate the fuck out of me especially last year. Always changed it when it was too late. I think back to port vale last year this was the prime example, we took the lead twice and lost 3-2 imo because he didn't change it sooner and brought on Manset when we went 3-2 down. I'm still fuming about this as you can see as its things like that, that stop you getting a point or the win and instead we are losers again. Done it time and again last year and has he ever proved he can defend even when we were winning it was always conceding matter of time before that turns.

Overall I don't blame SP but sisu for hiring the cheap option. The problem is get rid of SP and who comes in? Massive issue as there are better managers out there but we wont go for them as they will be that too much for us. League 2 beckons.

Leamington Pete

Given a bit of quality to build the team around Pressley might have half a chance of improving things. Problem is we've got rid of any quality we had and our team is average at best, full of players who were available for a very good reason.

albatross

SISU only saved us from admin and a 10 point penalty. Since then we've been gone into admin and lost 20 points.

AndreasB

So the consensus appears to be;

1. get rid of SISU - is that going to happen short term? NO
2. Sack Pressley - and replace with WHO exactly?

The original poster is getting pelters for suggesting the fans have a part to play. Imagine the difference if we had 18000 at the Ricoh this weekend vocally supporting the team. But we wont.

The one thing in our gift to deliver is the least likely thing to happen.

M&B Stand

I just want to make it clear that Presley should stay and any talk of him going is ridiculous.

To me, we always chop and change managers and players and constantly slag off the owners. Where has that got us? League 1, no permanent home, constantly selling our stars and a disillusioned fan base.

Yeah, he's doing a cracking job.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Other day I had a conversation with a mate of mine who said ........ "there's always an excuse for our owners what will be next will be that they cant afford investment in players because the crowds are not big enough, it will be the fans fault"

Now there is an inescapable truth in that the main CCFC income is match day tickets so low attendance does impact on affordability of the squad makeup. But the fans are the customers, they are not a guaranteed income at any club, they have already proven that the majority will not be pushed around when they refused to go in the main to Sixfields. There have been plenty of words and platitudes towards the fans but bottom line is they want to see a team on the pitch that is at least competing at L1 level, that gives them hope, that for a few hours lets them forget, that puts a smile on their faces more often than not. Yes to a degree that is about money, but it is not that simple is it, there is far more to it than that otherwise teams like Yeovil would never be successful.............. despite all the money we have apparently spent over the last 10 years our last success was what exactly?

CCFC fans have for years been treated as an cash paying inconvenience by the club. Various managers, directors, owners have repeatedly paid lip service to fan involvement (and I am not talking about a seat on the Board or shares) only to not follow through with it. Just how many times in recent years have the club got things wrong, it isn't just the move to Sixfields, its ticket sales, shop sales, marketing, information, transport etc .............. the list goes on. It all adds up to fans saying sod this why should I bother. Yes there are those "sky blue loyal" fans that will always go even some who wear the title as a badge of superiority...... but in the end it isn't their money that really makes the difference in making the step up is it ...... yes their money is important as is their loyalty...... but to make the step up you need the fans that are less certain, the ones that question whether to spend the money or to do something else. Take a cold hard look at CCFC and what exactly makes those less certain fans keen to spend their money at CCFC?

The club is a mess off the pitch and it seems just now pretty much a mess on it. There is a lack of plan and leadership. The club alienated many of its fans and frankly has done little to get them back. There should have been huge efforts made to relink the fans to the team and it just has not happened...... things like the SCG or stadium forum wont do it, that's just tinkering, more lip service. The Gillingham game was a great opportunity to kick start it all and we all know what happened there, the shambles it became and that set the tone

As for SP well praise and criticism are two sides of the same coin and we should acknowledge that not accept he can do what he likes even when it is clearly not working. No I don't think we should sack him yet but he does need to look at his performance and decision making because so far it has been more bad than good

Always someone else's fault though isn't it ................

Last edited:

zigojacko

The players simply aren't good enough. How much of that is SP's fault, I don't know.

I've been more impressed with the performance of some of our youth players this season than much of the seniors.

It's down to SP and the coaching staff to get the best out of the players sure, but I'm not convinced there is a great deal more they can possibly give.

More than ever now are we feeling the loss of Moussa, Baker, (probably) Marshall, Christie, Adams, Murphy, (definitely) Wilson. We haven't got anywhere close to replacing these players with who we've brought in based on what we've seen so far this season.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

STT - I know what your trying to say, but the way it has come across is wrong, of course we shouldn't forget what SP had done for us last season in the essence that SP kept us and has us a shining light when we were surrounded in dark, that said last night for me personally was a total embarrassment, something needs to change, now I am not saying that needs to be Pressley - I personally don't want it to be the Manager who gets the boot - but something needs to change, I think personally we have brought in decent players over the summer, but the formation isn't working and for the last few games we have not looked as if we can dig ourselves from a hole in games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travs

I tend to agree in principle with the original post....

I don't think it's a blast at people on here personally.

But look at the public 'face' of our fans.... our facebook page, the idiots who ring and text in to CWR every week, the plain fact that 70% of our fan base disappeared after our heroic return to the Ricoh.... the NOPM (unless we play Arsenal).....

All the above can be argued against, but that is the public face of our fans, displayed to the footballing world and other supporters, it's no wonder we are a laughing stock....

AndreasB

Other day I had a conversation with a mate of mine who said ........ "there's always an excuse for our owners what will be next will be that they cant afford investment in players because the crowds are not big enough, it will be the fans fault"

Now there is an inescapable truth in that the main CCFC income is match day tickets so low attendance does impact on affordability of the squad makeup. But the fans are the customers, they are not a guaranteed income at any club, they have already proven that the majority will not be pushed around when they refused to go in the main to Sixfields. There have been plenty of words and platitudes towards the fans but bottom line is they want to see a team on the pitch that is at least competing at L1 level, that gives them hope, that for a few hours lets them forget, that puts a smile on their faces more often than not. Yes to a degree that is about money, but it is not that simple is it, there is far more to it than that otherwise teams like Yeovil would never be successful.............. despite all the money we have apparently spent over the last 10 years our last success was what exactly?

CCFC fans have for years been treated as an cash paying inconvenience by the club. Various managers, directors, owners have repeatedly paid lip service to fan involvement (and I am not talking about a seat on the Board or shares) only to not follow through with it. Just how many times in recent years have the club got things wrong, it isn't just the move to Sixfields, its ticket sales, shop sales, marketing, information, transport etc .............. the list goes on. It all adds up to fans saying sod this why should I bother. Yes there are those "sky blue loyal" fans that will always go even some who wear the title as a badge of superiority...... but in the end it isn't their money that really makes the difference in making the step up is it ...... yes their money is important as is their loyalty...... but to make the step up you need the fans that are less certain, the ones that question whether to spend the money or to do something else. Take a cold hard look at CCFC and what exactly makes those less certain fans keen to spend their money at CCFC?

The club is a mess off the pitch and it seems just now pretty much a mess on it. There is a lack of plan and leadership. The club alienated many of its fans and frankly has done little to get them back. There should have been huge efforts made to relink the fans to the team and it just has not happened...... things like the SCG or stadium forum wont do it, that's just tinkering, more lip service. The Gillingham game was a great opportunity to kick start it all and we all know what happened there, the shambles it became and that set the tone

As for SP well praise and criticism are two sides of the same coin and we should acknowledge that not accept he can do what he likes even when it is clearly not working. No I don't think we should sack him yet but he does need to look at his performance and decision making because so far it has been more bad than good

Always someone else's fault though isn't it ................

Gillingham game a shambles? 27000 managed to get tickets but didn't manage to get them the following week. Odd that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluedan

To me, we always chop and change managers and players and constantly slag off the owners. Where has that got us? League 1, no permanent home, constantly selling our stars and a disillusioned fan base.[/QUOTE

Your like a dick just smaller................

Chipfat

I'm not really keen on SP and never have been, he has had a decent run at the post and seems to be failing at the moment,, i would be shocked if the owners got rid anytime soon as it would be another admittance of errors made while in control of the club.. If they do get rid of SP, what player will go to fund the payout and fund the next man up!!! that is really the question..

As for fans not turning up,, the answer is very simple, we are all losing hope that these owners are sincere and trust worthy to have a plan which will help this club move forward... At Gillingham the 27,000 was more of a welcome back to the players and a celebration that the owners can and will not push us around.. If you can't see this then your eyes are truly shut and like SISU you are blind to the fact the mass fan base does not support the owners in what they are and have done. Secondly the team in this slump don't make for good watching at 22 quid,, sad as we are producing some talent,, not all ready yet but some signs of ability...

Sky Blue Harry H

Not " Your support is f..ing shit", but "our support is f..ing depressed"

I've decided I'm going on Saturday out of sheer bloody mindedness - do I think we will win - No. Will I cheer them on - Yes. I will also try and work out what is working / not working, and try and find my usual crumbs of comfort from the team. They are (as I have said before on here) like a girlfriend who keeps cheating on me - but I can't give up on them. Those who turn on fellow supporters and accuse them of being fickle need to remember the lack of very much to get excited about over a very long period of time. Oldham Athletic - unbeaten in 12 games had 3,000 fans turn out for them against us - what would our home turn out be with an unbeaten 12 game run?
I think we're going to need both Reda and Nouble back before things turn around - hopefully before it's too late! :eek:

TheOldFive

I suppose that you will be saying next that our performances deserve gates of 27,000

Ah the classic "what we deserve" angle. Where do folks get this smug sense of entitlement about deserving better? Support should be there regardless if "Loyalty is Permanent" or are you saying Jimmy Hill was wrong? NOT knocking those for whom the finances are a struggle, fair play to them, but many are just tepid in their support and we should expect little more on the pitch that being the case.

bigfatronssba

Ah the classic "what we deserve" angle. Where do folks get this smug sense of entitlement about deserving better? Support should be there regardless if "Loyalty is Permanent" or are you saying Jimmy Hill was wrong? NOT knocking those for whom the finances are a struggle, fair play to them, but many are just tepid in their support and we should expect little more on the pitch that being the case.

Do you think the club has been loyal to the fans and the city?

After the Northampton debacle I currently have pretty much zero loyal feelings to the club, and that wont even begin to change until sisu piss off.

Buster

a good supporter should remain loyal when their team goes on a bad run . A bad run 27 years long is taking the piss!

Chez78

Seems to me as if all the fans ever want to do is moan about stuff. The manager, the players, stadium, owners...

Needs addressing

Wasn't long ago Pressley was the main man and other clubs were sniffing around him.

I rate him. He's using our youth set up and has brought some real quality out of our young players.

Yes his stats arnt great but he's doing it on a shoestring budget.

He had sweet FA to do with the youth development it was all in place before he got here, let's not forget the man who was responsible for developing all those players has left since Pressley arrived. Giving the man credit cause he plays youth players is crazy, we have not fecking choice but to use youth players.

If you were at the Bristol game Saturday you would of see Haynes look dead before he kicked a ball, maybe just maybe the reports coming out of the club are true he's lost the dressing room.

TheOldFive

Do you think the club has been loyal to the fans and the city?

After the Northampton debacle I currently have pretty much zero loyal feelings to the club, and that wont even begin to change until sisu piss off.
Good for you. Come back when they are gone and the good times on the pitch return and if anyone calls you a fairweather joke of a fan or a plastic bastard just ignore them. We've all got to do what we think is right.

Grendel

a good supporter should remain loyal when their team goes on a bad run . A bad run 27 years long is taking the piss!

Try telling a fan of Rochdale the years 1988 to 2000 were a bad run.

Grendel

I suppose that you will be saying next that our performances deserve gates of 27,000

They'll get that in a JPT game if Wembley is promised whatever the performance and whoever is in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread