The fall and fall of Coventry City Football Club (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

According to the Open University, of all places.

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/football-league-clubs/the-fall-and-fall-coventry-city-football-club

The closing Gambit just about sums it up for me:-

The current situation at the club could probably have been avoided if SISU had taken a wider stakeholder view rather than a shareholder view. Coventry City have entered a downward spiral under their ownership and show no signs yet of getting out of it. Something needs to change. That could be ownership of the stadium. But even if that is resolved a lot of hard work will be needed to bring all the club’s stakeholders back together to provide the momentum for the club to thrive. Recent history suggests the current owners aren't the right people to do this.

Gint11

And the point of this? Another time wasting pointless load of bollocks. Next i'll see a thread called ' Coventry set to move to Northampton. I tell you what, these owners aren't right for us'

"Attempts to reach agreement to buy the stadium with the current owners, Coventry City Council and The Higgs Trust, a local charity have proved fruitless."

What attempt was even made?

shy_tall_knight

"Attempts to reach agreement to buy the stadium with the current owners, Coventry City Council and The Higgs Trust, a local charity have proved fruitless."

What attempt was even made?

There was a genuine attempt to buy into ACL through purchasing the Higgs Share. Stating in the press that you only will return to the Ricoh after purchasing unfettered freehold, is not a genuine attempt and was just a soundbite to justify the distressing of ACL / move to Sixfields. Any independent publication that states what we already know is still better than nothing.

Covstu

Because we're taking two days to count some mugs in the club shop.

There are quite a few mugs who own our club, dont forget to count them. The article is a re-iteration of alot of articles in the past but again summarises where we are. The biggest travesty is the FL for allowing this and not holding them to account (or even a progress review!). Surely they are going to do this prior to the start of the next campaign?

Skyblueweeman

There are quite a few mugs who own our club, dont forget to count them. The article is a re-iteration of alot of articles in the past but again summarises where we are. The biggest travesty is the FL for allowing this and not holding them to account (or even a progress review!). Surely they are going to do this prior to the start of the next campaign?

Stu, I can't disagree with any of that. Mugs are running our club but there's no one else showing a legitimate interest, ie. they can prove they have cash and are interested, as opposed to just further their twitter following.

I've said all along on numerous threads...as much as SISU are to blame (and they are), I blame previous regimes as much as the mess started then. SISU can't be blamed for starting the mess, only taking it to new, unchartered depths.

That said, I totally agree...how the hell the FL have continued to act so spinelessly over the past 18 months is an absolute scandal. Unlike others, my blood doesn't quite boil at the thought of our owners or previous owners...for some reason it does with the FL though. I get the feeling that there's more to their stance than meets the eye. Why are they scared and what off? Why not listen to the voice of the fans or take notice of the majority staying away? The lack of response/action is despicable in my eyes.

The FA take some blame as well....'Fit and Proper Persons Ownership Test'? I'm sure this was around when SISU took control in 2007.

The only positive that I hope for once our situation is resolved (other than us back at the Ricoh, financially viable and SP leading is to European glory etc etc) is that the authorities learn from their mistakes and tighten processes so this situation doesn't ever happen in football again.

The football family are behind us....the football parents are ignorant as hell.....

WM

Spionkop

Some fans on here deny it, but our situation is rapidly taking on Wimbledon proportions.
Seem to recall the FL saying back then that there wouldn't be a repeat. It's happening now.
I keep saying it, the lack of a tactical new AFC CCFC is a mistake. It would focus Sisu.
As it is, they think they are in the driving seat.

Users who are viewing this thread