The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (30 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

That’s 3 leavers on this thread who’ve been asked to name an alternative current or previous Brexit politician who’d have done or do a better job than May.

Strangely enough none of them have bothered to name one.

skybluetony176

So Germany are best friends with Ireland all of a sudden again then ?!......bit like they were in WW1 then when the Paddies were resupplying the U boats !

Except the ones who fought with the British army. Little known fact. More Catholic Irish men died fighting for the British army in two world wars than fighting in the republican causes. It was the tyrant de Valera who pandered to the Nazi’s. Another fact. He was under the misguided illusion that when Hitler beat the British Hitler would hand him control of the provenance of Ulster and Ireland would be united. The reality was Hitler saw the Irish as a slave nation and planned on turning Ireland into a huge factory.

Brighton Sky Blue

Except the ones who fought with the British army. Little known fact. More Catholic Irish men died fighting for the British army in two world wars than fighting in the republican causes. It was the tyrant de Valera who pandered to the Nazi’s. Another fact. He was under the misguided illusion that when Hitler beat the British Hitler would hand him control of the provenance of Ulster and Ireland would be united. The reality was Hitler saw the Irish as a slave nation and planned on turning Ireland into a huge factory.

Not to mention the SNP of the 1940s who hoped for a Vichy state starting at the border

SkyblueBazza

That’s 3 leavers on this thread who’ve been asked to name an alternative current or previous Brexit politician who’d have done or do a better job than May.

Strangely enough none of them have bothered to name one.
In fairness...any suggestion would only be what most people seem to do best - speculation!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Not to mention the SNP of the 1940s who hoped for a Vichy state starting at the border
Let's be honest...in these & many other situations, those who make the noise & get the publicity or notoriety are usually the ones sitting on their arse pontificating. The ones that suffer are are the ones who are made, or choose, to get off their arse & make things happen.

Even Brexit...WE all pontificate or make much noise & think we know better. TM & her assembled negotiating team are the ones that are the doers. Political colleagues & opponents know they could do better as they choose to believe that those on the other side of the negotiation table will glibly accept their own arguments.

Brighton Sky Blue

Let's be honest...in these & many other situations, those who make the noise & get the publicity or notoriety are usually the ones sitting on their arse pontificating. The ones that suffer are are the ones who are made, or choose, to get off their arse & make things happen.

Even Brexit...WE all pontificate or make much noise & think we know better. TM & her assembled negotiating team are the ones that are the doers. Political colleagues & opponents know they could do better as they choose to believe that those on the other side of the negotiation table will glibly accept their own arguments.

...because only one person gets to be PM. History will put her down as one of the bad ones along with her predecessor. Arrogantly calling a snap election which left her without the parliamentary means to get her own deal through. Trying to get it through the Commons anyway and ignoring it’s being rejected 3 times but denying the people a second vote.

We all get up off our arses every day and do something. And I bet that we do our day jobs considerably better than her and her colleagues do theirs. Standing around in warm rooms eating biscuits and using long words without saying or achieving anything

martcov

TBH if an actual leave MP was put in charge, they would of probably done a better job in getting us a better deal to leave

How would that be any different? The only difference would be that we would have arrived at no deal or remain quicker.

Last edited:

martcov

Actually atm probably not the answer. a minority govt being held to ransom by a small party has not gone well.

Because people never thought that was a possible coalition. If there was PR the options would be greater and you would knowingly vote for an ERG or momentum party. Now you vote for Conservative or Labour and end up with groups within the party pushing through things you don’t like. We should have had 10 green MPs according to PR. Rather have had a coalition with them than Victorian religious fanatics.

Brighton Sky Blue

Because people never thought that was a possible coalition. If there was PR the options would be greater and you would knowingly vote for an ERG or momentum party. Now you vote for Conservative or Labour and end up with groups within the party pushing through things you don’t like. We should have had 10 green MPs according to PR. Rather have had a coalition with them than Victorian religious fanatics.

Well no I look at the manifesto and I look at what the party leaders are generally arguing for and I see that one party peddles shit policies and another peddles ones I quite like. There will always be people with stronger views than others.

The real thing to be addressed is why voting rates for general elections have dropped to 70% and I think PR could help in part to address that. The other thing is the general public believing posh dudes in nice suits using long words-got quite a few here as examples. Which is why they call Corbyn a prick but can’t tell you which of his policies they don’t want

martcov

So Germany are best friends with Ireland all of a sudden again then ?!......bit like they were in WW1 then when the Paddies were resupplying the U boats !

They were always friendly to Ireland and Irish people. I was mistaken a few times for being Irish. They told me how warm and friendly Ireland is and how they love going there. If you have an Irish Pub, it will bring more people in than an English pub.

The time the Germans were most positive about Brits was „Cool Britannia“.

Any reason why Germany shouldn’t be friendly to Ireland? Your anecdote about submarines isn’t true as ROI didn’t exist in WWI.

Individual people, like the lighthouse keeper who gave the UBoots tips per signal as to whether there were British ships around, may have helped some Germans in WWII. I was told that by a German sailor from his own experience as he thought I was Irish. Conversation ended when he asked what part of Ireland I came from.

Brighton Sky Blue

They were always friendly to Ireland and Irish people. I was mistaken a few times for being Irish. They told me how warm and friendly Ireland is and how they love going there. If you have an Irish Pub, it will bring more people in than an English pub.

The time the Germans were most positive about Brits was „Cool Britannia“.

Any reason why Germany shouldn’t be friendly to Ireland? Your anecdote about submarines isn’t true as ROI didn’t exist in WWI.

Individual people, like the lighthouse keeper who gave the UBoots tips per signal as to whether there were British ships around, may have helped some Germans in WWII. I was told that by a German sailor from his own experience as he thought I was Irish. Conversation ended when he asked what part of Ireland I came from.

We do also know that the IRA expressed condolences on hearing of Hitler’s death. Time to put this behind us and accept that most Irish people don’t want to blow us up and that Germany isn’t plotting a 4th Reich.

I do have fun explaining to Germans that although I am ‘Englander’ the missus is ‘Schottlanderin’ though. Most like a lot of foreigners are oblivious to the difference

Astute

Good idea but it’s just more time to waste avoiding making a decision and taking our eyes off knife crime and poverty
It seems to be an idea of Tusk.

I do have a serious question. Would it be known as Flextension or Brextension?

martcov

We do also know that the IRA expressed condolences on hearing of Hitler’s death. Time to put this behind us and accept that most Irish people don’t want to blow us up and that Germany isn’t plotting a 4th Reich.

I do have fun explaining to Germans that although I am ‘Englander’ the missus is ‘Schottlanderin’ though. Most like a lot of foreigners are oblivious to the difference

The older generation came from a time when Britain was always referred to as England. The Nazis kept that misconception going as, in their propaganda and school books, Britain was ruled by wealthy ex public schoolboys from Eton and Harrow.

When they first started putting the national flags in the screen in TV football matches, they had to put out messages at halftime for people watching England games to stop phoning up to say they were showing the wrong flag for England. They were convinced the England flag was the Union flag. Not as bad now though.

Users who are viewing this thread