The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

westcountry_skyblue

He has such a warped and hypocritical way of thinking, we’re talking about the murder of innocent people here ffs.
I didn’t condone terrorism and haven’t said anything about murdering innocent people
My beliefs are opposite to yours that’s what makes good debate.
I’m British and a loyalist that is my position and proud of it!!!

Astute

I’m coming round to the idea what MPs should only be eligible to ‘serve’ for a set number of years, ideally 12 maximum.
The problem with this is on the rare occasion we find a good one they could only serve for 12 years. But there us an endless supply of the useless ones.

Astute

What's the alternative? Our system means most people in England won't move from either Conservative or Labour as anything else is viewed as a wasted vote. The sort of shift in votes you'd need for the Lib Dems, Greens or anyone else to get a significant foothold just won't happen.
The Lib Dems were picking up momentum until they got into bed with the Tories. My wife always voted for them. They had some decent MP's. But once they joined the Tories it finished them off. And it was so obviously going to happen. Tory voters were never going to vote for them and people voted Lib Dems because they didn't trust Labour or the Tories. Then suddenly they became untrustworthy.

skyblueinBaku

Clarke is nothing but a dribbling europhile whose benefited hugely from paid “consultancy” roles with large PLC’s who he has always looked after.

By your own logic the distinctly anti European Beast of Bolsover is equally sane I assume?

I agree with you about Ken Clarke. I don't agree with Dennis Skinner's politics, but I admire the way he says what he thinks and sticks to his principles. My brother lives in Derbyshire and reckons that Mr. Skinner is an excellent constuency MP.

Ashdown

Population by Country (2019) - Worldometers
Changing the subject a bit but:
I find this sort of stuff troubling, look at the projections for the UK and Germany amongst others..........take a look at the comparative land area, then minus huge swathes of the UK that is not habitable and imagine how a tad squeezed we might all be soon, oh and without fresh water and enough farmland to grow our own food ?!

SkyblueBazza

Population by Country (2019) - Worldometers
Changing the subject a bit but:
I find this sort of stuff troubling, look at the projections for the UK and Germany amongst others..........take a look at the comparative land area, then minus huge swathes of the UK that is not habitable and imagine how a tad squeezed we might all be soon, oh and without fresh water and enough farmland to grow our own food ?!
That is why quality of life is the biggest important factor in all this.
The same people that throw accusations about being racist for wanting to try to stem immigration; that bleat about the economy & 'we need growth'; that demand more houses as there is plenty of land to build upon - are often the same ones that moan about: sitting in traffic jams; the destruction of the environment (& they will travel by car/coach/train/plane to London to march for such causes); complain there aren't enough open spaces.
We are all nothing but hypocrites

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

martcov

You tell me what someone is when they are OK with violence as long as it was carried out by the 'right side'. In fact direct me to a single post of his that has made any sense

Will be interesting when the leave marchers arrive in London tomorrow. Democratic Football Lads and Tommy‘s yellow vests plus Farage’s pub crawlers. For some people they are on the right side. I think they are being used. So I am on the right side. The was no violence on the PV march.

Brighton Sky Blue

Summary:
The Government has voted against any deal and also voted against no-deal.
So the solution is to delay.
This is politicians in action.

Wonder how long it will take before they finally accept that a second vote will give them an immediate answer. Not like it's ever stopped May putting the same shitty deal to MPs until it passes

martcov

Summary:
The Government has voted against any deal and also voted against no-deal.
So the solution is to delay.
This is politicians in action.

We are leaving on 12 April if we don’t pass May’s deal. 22. May if we do. Unless we now revoke article 50 ( very unlikely) we cannot delay much longer.

Brighton Sky Blue

Will be interesting when the leave marchers arrive in London tomorrow. Democratic Football Lads and Tommy‘s yellow vests plus Farage’s pub crawlers. For some people they are on the right side. I think they are being used. So I am on the right side. The was no violence on the PV march.

I know it's not representative but it's so funny watching James O'Brien take calls from Brexiteers. At least extending Brexit will prolong the entertainment

Astute

We are leaving on 12 April if we don’t pass May’s deal. 22. May if we do. Unless we now revoke article 50 ( very unlikely) we cannot delay much longer.
Why can't we?

If the EU sees a chance of us remaining they will allow us a year or so. Then the negotiations will finally start. Still think it has been the plan from the start.

Ashdown

Martcov/ derby/ Nottingham/ Leicester never actually responds to or addresses the very serious issues facing the UK in the future if nothing changes......all he sees sadly is a right v left scenario and politics and people that control those arguments. Obsessed with your brother and a handful of closet Nazis ......

SkyblueBazza

I know it's not representative but it's so funny watching James O'Brien take calls from Brexiteers. At least extending Brexit will prolong the entertainment
He is so extreme, blinkered & obsessed he cannot see that by segementing in such a way he actually creates greater division.
He identifies strongly with an ethos from a byegone age of German superiority. Utterly bizzare really

Brighton Sky Blue

He is so extreme, blinkered & obsessed he cannot see that by segementing in such a way he actually creates greater division.
He identifies strongly with an ethos from a byegone age of German superiority. Utterly bizzare really

Yes your claims are bizarre but where's the evidence to back them up?

CCFCSteve

Agreed. He’s an intelligent guy but is at the extreme end (like the hard brexiteers) who don’t listen to anyone’s point of view and just come over as smug and opinionated.

People like O’Brien and Farage don’t solve this problem

martcov

Why can't we?

If the EU sees a chance of us remaining they will allow us a year or so. Then the negotiations will finally start. Still think it has been the plan from the start.

Contradicting yourself. If we get an extension, it will be to come up with an alternative plan to May’s under a new PM, or to prepare for a people’s vote. The negotiations will not start until after we have voted or parliament has found a plan they can agree on.

martcov

Martcov/ derby/ Nottingham/ Leicester never actually responds to or addresses the very serious issues facing the UK in the future if nothing changes......all he sees sadly is a right v left scenario and politics and people that control those arguments. Obsessed with your brother and a handful of closet Nazis ......

I do. This whole Brexit thing distracts from the actual main problem. The distribution of wealth and power. Coupled with a massive gap in education and qualifications.

Huge problems which have absolutely nothing to do with the EU.

Everything is blamed on the EU by populists like Farage.

Brexit will do nothing to solve these problems. It will aggravate them as if, as most experts and businessmen predict, GDP will grow slower than in the EU, there will be less government cash available, bar unlikely taxation changes for the wealthy and stronger controls of tax havens.

Brexit has set us back years already.

martcov

Agreed. He’s an intelligent guy but is at the extreme end (like the hard brexiteers) who don’t listen to anyone’s point of view and just come over as smug and opinionated.

People like O’Brien and Farage don’t solve this problem

Don’t equate O‘Brien with Farage.

At least O‘Brien has people who know what they are talking about on his program. Farage doesn’t. He just gets people echoing himself. Sometimes his callers are incredibly stupid, and he has to be very careful that he doesn’t upset them as they are absolute fans of him.

Users who are viewing this thread