The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (27 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

0% chance of us not leaving, next week is massive
Tell that to the MP's who don't want us to leave especially without a deal.

It is nowhere near as simple as you make it out to be. We don't want to leave without a deal. The EU doesn't want us to leave without a deal. They are still trying their best to keep us in the EU.

tisza

Trump still wading in. if he had his way we'd need still Polish builders to build a wall across the South coast anyway

Sky Blue Pete

Remaining getting more likely. Looks like the plan is coming together.

No deal off the table.
No deal not allowed this month.
No extension until June.
No long term extension.

And what do you think the EU will say?

Leave without a deal or remain.

They can now as no deal this month is off the table.
You called it if so. I just think it’s crazy to vote for something that’s impossible and then moan about being let down

Grendel

You called it if so. I just think it’s crazy to vote for something that’s impossible and then moan about being let down

No deal is very much not off the table

fernandopartridge

Remaining getting more likely. Looks like the plan is coming together.

No deal off the table.
No deal not allowed this month.
No extension until June.
No long term extension.

And what do you think the EU will say?

Leave without a deal or remain.

They can now as no deal this month is off the table.
No deal isn't off the table though technically

Astute

Mays so called deal wasn't impossible. But as I have said countless times before remainers were not happy as it meant leaving still and leavers were not happy as it meant ties continuing with the EU.

Captain Dart

From Independant's Chief Political commentator John Rentoul
D2HuCl_X0AMYpf_.jpg:large

Astute

If you’re talking about this one What is DUP's Brexit talks hope? then yes, I did read it. It says and I quote “It is pro-union (UK, not Europe), pro-Brexit and socially conservative.”

Did you read it?
And as usual you pick out just a few words. How about the paragraph just underneath the bit you put up?

But ultimately, what does the party want from Brexit? First of all, the DUP has said it still wants the UK to leave the EU with a deal - but it must be one that treats Northern Ireland no differently from the rest of the UK.

Sick Boy

Correct. It legally isn't off the table. But the referendum wasn't legally binding either.

There will only be a short delay if the EU agrees to it, and that means parliament agreeing to May’s deal.

Personally I expect it to now pass.

Astute

There will only be a short delay if the EU agrees to it, and that means parliament agreeing to May’s deal.

Personally I expect it to now pass.
So how has it changed enough for Bercow to allow there to be another vote on the May deal?

For the last couple of days he was supposed to have called it correctly. If he has called it correctly he won't allow another vote on the May/EU deal. All that has changed is the circumstances. And his statement was the actual wording and content had to change. And change considerably.

Astute

The latest is that May is going to propose vote 3 of her deal as leave with her deal or leave without a deal. And she is supposed to be making a statement to the public at 20:15.

Still don't think it will happen.

skybluetony176

And as usual you pick out just a few words. How about the paragraph just underneath the bit you put up?

But ultimately, what does the party want from Brexit? First of all, the DUP has said it still wants the UK to leave the EU with a deal - but it must be one that treats Northern Ireland no differently from the rest of the UK.

Yes. I read that part too but as it again confirms that the DUP is still a brexit Party I didn’t want to post more than I already did and embarrass you further.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Told you all last night to get your money on no deal @ 7/2 it will happen!!!2/1 now all the money on betting sites is for no deal.
They will batter it down to odds on after the weekend so get on now!!!

martcov

So how has it changed enough for Bercow to allow there to be another vote on the May deal?

For the last couple of days he was supposed to have called it correctly. If he has called it correctly he won't allow another vote on the May/EU deal. All that has changed is the circumstances. And his statement was the actual wording and content had to change. And change considerably.

Or.....she can show that it has a good chance of being passed.

NorthernWisdom

So is it that surprising he left when the ‘meeting’ was just her regurgitating the same stuff as before.

Plus Chuka represents a private company ATM.
Well he never gave himself a chance to show a united front against May's deal, and a united front for co-operation and discussion, in opposition to dogmatism.

Instead, he shows himself as petty and small-minded.

When we're crying out for an alternative to a one-eyed PM who shows no flexibility whatsoever, he throws away the opportunity to show himself as a credible alternative, able to work to find a consensus.

Grendel

Well he never gave himself a chance to show a united front against May's deal, and a united front for co-operation and discussion, in opposition to dogmatism.

When we're crying out for an alternative to a one-eyed PM who shows no flexibility whatsoever, he throws away the opportunity to show himself as a credible alternative, able to work to find a consensus.

His whole principal is hard brexit and he and McDonnell are hoping it happens and then enter government with a country not allied to a federal state

Ian1779

TBF - I don’t think him walking out was the wisest idea, and I don’t disagree how it looks.

There is no way he would ever be given the opportunity through that meeting to ‘show’ himself as an alternative. May wouldn’t allow it, the press wouldn’t allow it. And you know this is true.

tisza

So is it that surprising he left when the ‘meeting’ was just her regurgitating the same stuff as before.

Plus Chuka represents a private company ATM.
Because even if it's only one chance you have to take it.
Others stayed.
No different from May - it's only my way that counts. He's still saying back my deal and I'll take you out or I'll back a referendum that may keep you in.
She's still saying it's her deal and nothing else.

Ian1779

Because even if it's only one chance you have to take it.
Others stayed.
No different from May - it's only my way that counts. He's still saying back my deal and I'll take you out or I'll back a referendum that may keep you in.
She's still saying it's her deal and nothing else.

Again - I would have advised he stayed.

But if she won’t budge... there is no parliamentary consensus for any outcome at all. Her deal, no deal, no Brexit... not one could get through parliament at the moment.

The choice may end up out of our hands.

NorthernWisdom

there is no parliamentary consensus for any outcome at all.
And never will be if people don't talk to each other.

Take May out the equation, the rest need to come up with an alternative, and fast. Otherwise we sleepwalk into May's deal.

Sometimes, you have to choose who's your real enemy, which battles do you *need* to fight. If Corbyn's feels at this moment in time he needs to fight Umunna, then that's very, very worrying for the future, isn't it.

Users who are viewing this thread