The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (13 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

People are assessed as whether they are a danger. Occasionally mistakes are made, but there are less murders without capital punishment than with.
Are there?

Tell me how you work this out without counting countries with major drugs problems and where guns are a legal right.

What you are saying is you get more murders where there is capital punishment. If they would get the death sentence they will kill but if they won't get the death sentence they won't kill?

Ian1779

But what are the policies of Corbyn and how would they be funded?

It always makes me laugh that people want to know how we fund the NHS, the education or welfare system.

No one ever bothers to ask how we fund our ventures into war, or corporation tax relief, or things like HS2 or Trident.

And it’s supposedly the left that have their priorities misaligned....

martcov

Are there?

Tell me how you work this out without counting countries with major drugs problems and where guns are a legal right.

What you are saying is you get more murders where there is capital punishment. If they would get the death sentence they will kill but if they won't get the death sentence they won't kill?

The population kills less if there is no death sentence. Not the murder who has been hanged. Obviously.

Ian1779

If Corbyn were electable he would be 10 to 20 points ahead in the polls at this stage in the election cycle. I suspect Yvette will be challenging sometime soon, she seems to be positioning herself as the safe and responsible choice.

Having said that Brexit is making any predictions practically impossible to make. Strange times indeed.

As for Boris he is never getting anywhere close to power. My opinion is that the next Tory leader will be someone younger like Raab or Mercer.

If they ever go for Cooper that will be the end of them, which is probably exactly what you want.

No wonder you’re so keen to push this nonsense.

Mucca Mad Boys

If they ever go for Cooper that will be the end of them, which is probably exactly what you want.

No wonder you’re so keen to push this nonsense.

Absolutely.

What the party needs is someone quite close to Corbyn policy-wise, minus the baggage. Gove’s inaccurate diatribes couldn’t be levelled against an ex-veteran of our armed forces like Clive Lewis. He would be my personal preference to the leadership and I’m not overly keen on some of people Corbyn is grooming as his replacement.

martcov

An interesting take

Yes, the guy got the nail on the head. Just check out the Brexiters on social media. Or on here. The capital punishment here is exactly the same. The ones pushing leave and/ or only criticizing remainers are the same ones for capital punishment, against FOM, sympathetic to Hungary or Poland or maybe Putin and against anything remotely left wing or tolerant ( snowflakes ). They refuse to see the obvious stupidity of the orange criminal in Washington.

It is a war. Nothing to do with tariffs, non existent ships, loss of manufacturing jobs etc.. Leave has brought them out from under their stones. Either you accept the public being duped into anti multilateral cooperation and for more military, less taxes for the rich and blaming the foreigners for infrastructure problems NHS waiting lists and overfilled classrooms etc. ... or you don’t. I don‘t.

Astute

It always makes me laugh that people want to know how we fund the NHS, the education or welfare system.

No one ever bothers to ask how we fund our ventures into war, or corporation tax relief, or things like HS2 or Trident.

And it’s supposedly the left that have their priorities misaligned....
If you remember he wanted to bring everything back to public ownership and pay for it by sending public borrowing through the roof. This isn't being prudent.

Astute

Yes, the guy got the nail on the head. Just check out the Brexiters on social media. Or on here. The capital punishment here is exactly the same. The ones pushing leave and/ or only criticizing remainers are the same ones for capital punishment, against FOM, sympathetic to Hungary or Poland or maybe Putin and against anything remotely left wing or tolerant ( snowflakes ). They refuse to see the obvious stupidity of the orange criminal in Washington.

It is a war. Nothing to do with tariffs, non existent ships, loss of manufacturing jobs etc.. Leave has brought them out from under their stones. Either you accept the public being duped into anti multilateral cooperation and for more military, less taxes for the rich and blaming the foreigners for infrastructure problems NHS waiting lists and overfilled classrooms etc. ... or you don’t. I don‘t.
Is it?

Don't you mean that there is someone who has an agenda the same as your own?

This is from a 10 year period. And it is those k own about. I suppose you would be just as happy as now if it was one of your own family killed first or second time.

Killers freed to kill again

Ian1779

If you remember he wanted to bring everything back to public ownership and pay for it by sending public borrowing through the roof. This isn't being prudent.

Is spending 200 billion on HS2 prudent so that wealthy businessmen can get to London 7 minutes quicker (as they are the only ones that can afford train tickets these days)?

Is spending 100+billion on a nuclear weapon system prudent when we cant stop a 4ft drone that closes our airspace for 3 days?

It’s about priorities - and ultimately the desire to make peoples lives better that seemingly doesn’t exist in ‘real leadership’

Astute

Is spending 200 billion on HS2 so that wealthy businessmen can get to London 7 minutes quicker (as they are the only ones that can afford train tickets these days)?

Is spending 100+billion on a nuclear weapon system prudent when we cant stop a 4ft drone that closes our airspace for 3 days?

It’s about priorities - and ultimately the desire to make peoples lives better that seemingly doesn’t exist in ‘real leadership’
I was the one that pointed out that the cost was well above what those having a go at it being too expensive. But it seems that I can have a go at the Tories as much as I want but if I dare to point out anything about Labour.......

One side doing what the other side does isn't a way of saying that it is right.

martcov

Is it?

Don't you mean that there is someone who has an agenda the same as your own?

This is from a 10 year period. And it is those k own about. I suppose you would be just as happy as now if it was one of your own family killed first or second time.

Killers freed to kill again

I am in favour of long terms for dangerous killers, but not the death penalty. The cases quoted in your link are for relatively short sentences.

Ian1779

I was the one that pointed out that the cost was well above what those having a go at it being too expensive. But it seems that I can have a go at the Tories as much as I want but if I dare to point out anything about Labour.......

One side doing what the other side does isn't a way of saying that it is right.

No one is criticising you for questioning Labour at all, certainly not me. I’m merely questioning the definition of prudence.

We should be vehemently looking at investing in education, welfare and the NHS, in fact that should be a priority over nearly everything else. But the reality is it’s all about political choice and a lack of desire to do these things.

Astute

ARe you claiming to be sensible or truthful?
Both.

I am not biased just because you and a few others who are totally biased say. I rip into all sides. But I spend.most of my time picking out inaccuracies off the same people.

Last edited:

Astute

No one is criticising you for questioning Labour at all, certainly not me. I’m merely questioning the definition of prudence.

We should be vehemently looking at investing in education, welfare and the NHS, in fact that should be a priority over nearly everything else. But the reality is it’s all about political choice and a lack of desire to do these things.
Exactly. But the Corbyn way was to spend untold billions buying up everything. I want to hear how those who are struggling in life will get helped. And no party has come up with realistic or proper proposals for years. That is needed more than a train that runs through the country. Too many people who could change things for the better don't seem to have a clue about reality.

clint van damme

I don't know the exact figures so you may be right but in the long term if we end share dividends to foreign investors in utilities and PFI payments won't it be better for the public purse?
I think the problem will be the initial cost of renationalising and buying out PFI contracts.

Sick Boy

Yes it does prevent murders. Are you saying that nobody has been sentenced for a crime and not done it again after a long sentence? It happens all the time.

Like I said with 100% certainty. 99% not good enough.

Pierrepoint believed it did no such thing, and he knew a hell of a lot more than you on the subject.

Last edited:

martcov

Both.

I am not biased just because you and a few others who are totally biased say. I rip into all sides. But I spend.most of my time picking out inaccuracies off the same people.

I don’t remember anything specific. Normally just a sweeping statement and then back on to EU bashing or pushing right wing topics such as hanging and migrants.

As an example:

Where have you ripped into the leave campaign and dark money?

New Evidence Emerges of Steve Bannon and Cambridge Analytica’s Role in Brexit

Sick Boy

Macca

I think it's time to either cancel it or vote again. I'm about as anti Europe as you can be and I know the result will go against what I would prefer. However the electorate voted based on a number of inaccuracies, everything since has been a shambles and the majority of the young don't want it. It feels right to bin it off I've had 28 years of having my say it's time to leave it to future generations. I'll just spend the rest of my life politely grumbling

skybluetony176

This is exactly what the EU want. Keep voting until it goes the way they want. Similar thing happened with Ireland didn’t it?

No it didn’t. It’s sold as that but that isn’t what happened. They never rejected the Lisbon treaty, they rejected the initial change to their constitution to integrate the Lisbon treaty. The serving government at the time tried to take it as an opportunity to power grab from the constitution through the referendum and were quite rightly called on it by the public rejecting it in a referendum. Second referendum was a change in constitution without the power grab and the public accepted it. If the first referendum had have been on the terms of the second referendum there would never have been a second referendum.

Grendel

This is exactly what the EU want. Keep voting until it goes the way they want. Similar thing happened with Ireland didn’t it?

Or as is the case with Netherlands and France they just ignore the result altogether

skybluetony176

Fox: Remainer MPs trying to steal Brexit

Leave population and remain parliament. The words of compromise. What a knobhead

Wholly inaccurate as well. We have a divided population and surprise surprise a divided parliament. The guy is a dipshit. They should test the consensus of parliament ie a customs union, with the population. Unity may at last be possible. He doesn’t want that though, he is a cheerleader for division.

clint van damme

Fox: Remainer MPs trying to steal Brexit

Leave population and remain parliament. The words of compromise. What a knobhead

Why is that man allowed to speak in public he's a cretin.
Getting his excuses in early for when he doesn't deliver one of his fabled 40 trade deals the day after Brexit
Imagine if a certain black woman MP came out with some of the tripe fox does.

Sick Boy

Why is that man allowed to speak in public he's a cretin.
Getting his excuses in early for when he doesn't deliver one of his fabled 40 trade deals the day after Brexit
Imagine if a certain black woman MP came out with some of the tripe fox does.

And if she had previously been sacked due to misconduct. So much hypocrisy.

SIR ERNIE

The British won’t allow it to happen.

Remainers may well succeed in thwarting Brexit this time round perhaps via a loaded question second vote, but if they do it will only strengthen the resolve to leave. Might take a few years but we’ll be out, that’s for certain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread