The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (21 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

How will there be a general election?

We still haven’t heard anything from the DUP on their arrangement with the government. If they withdraw from it that’s a general election. TM may gamble on another election with Brexit being at the forefront her draught agreement vs everyone else’s Brexit proposals. Rees-Mogg even hinted towards this on channel four news last night.

Captain Dart

May isn't going to last long, can see there being a GE soon with Corbyn getting in
More likely David Davies (or some other older MP) as interim PM.

clint van damme

Jim Shannon of the DUP has just said he will vote against the deal, I would imagine the other 9 will vote the same.

fernandopartridge

That was as an EU member though, being an EEA member there is a clause in there for it, which I was I meant.

EEA was written off by May's red lines nonsense. The EEA was always the easiest direction for the UK to head towards.

I think that clause though can only be enacted for certain reasons, not just because we want to cap numbers. I might be wrong though.

Sick Boy

EEA was written off by May's red lines nonsense. The EEA was always the easiest direction for the UK to head towards.

I think that clause though can only be enacted for certain reasons, not just because we want to cap numbers. I might be wrong though.

If the country can show it is unable to cope due to the numbers, then I think it could be activated. Now would be the time that the UK could have leverage to push for something like it though.

martcov

We had a vote and remain lost.

Cut it out.

No. The UK lost. 2016 is history. Brexit is dead. Chequers is dead. The Brexiteers, Davis and Raab, could not work out a way to leave without causing considerable damage. Back to the people. Not interested in Farage, his Fox News chums, Banks, his dark money, Liam Fox, his connection to the Heritage Fund and other billionaires' think tanks, Davis, his incompetence, Rees Mogg, his hedge funds and emerging markets... just getting the UK back on track to deal with the problems which will not be solved by Brexit anyway.

martcov

Agree with you on that Clint. Juncker and Tusk had it in their power to keep those undecided leavers on board.

No they didn't. You cannot change things just because 1 country doesn't like them. We have alway had the power to boot people out after 90 days. We weren't forced to Romanians and Bulgarians from day one. Germany didn't. Other countries still apply the 90 days rule. We didn't. Why?

martcov

Your problem seems to be that it isn't getting obviously better for you rather than it is actually hard, believe me your generation has it easy & my generation had it easy compared to my parents. Your perspective is skewed.

My parents told me exactly the same thing. I am now 63. It seems to be common that older people tell the young that they have it easy. When I was young......

Astute

Beep beep beep. Attention, this opinion is reversing. Beep beep beep...
Is it?

Do you remember me saying my plans for retirement are travelling for the rest of my days and they could be stopped because of Brexit?

Putting across the problems of freedom of movement isn't saying that they should stop. What I said is we need some sort of control until the infrastructure catches up. But as usual you don't understand a word you don't agree with. Just like when you said that the Irish population went down as quickly as the Romanian population back in the 50's.

martcov

But who is saying there is demand for one? Remain voters saying there should be another vote because there has been a mood change isn't fair.

It's like a team that's just conceded a penalty asking the referee to reconsider, but then saying the other team didn't want the penalty.

I totally see your point, but I just don't think it stands here. Maybe in a few years time yes, but not now.

Of course it's fair. It's more like a goal declared offside having watched a video replay.

skybluetony176

Is it?

Do you remember me saying my plans for retirement are travelling for the rest of my days and they could be stopped because of Brexit?

Putting across the problems of freedom of movement isn't saying that they should stop. What I said is we need some sort of control until the infrastructure catches up. But as usual you don't understand a word you don't agree with. Just like when you said that the Irish population went down as quickly as the Romanian population back in the 50's.

I remember constantly blaming immigration for housing issues, nhs issues etc and then when anyone pointed out the positives of freedom of movement you accusing them of only seeing one side of the argument despite it being an address to you seeing only one side of the argument while claiming to be the only person seeing both sides of the argument. So yes. It is.

Sick Boy

No they didn't. You cannot change things just because 1 country doesn't like them. We have alway had the power to boot people out after 90 days. We weren't forced to Romanians and Bulgarians from day one. Germany didn't. Other countries still apply the 90 days rule. We didn't. Why?

I think it was the Poles that the UK let in from day 1 and sadly there were the reports of hate mail going through letterboxes post-referendum.

Astute

Germany has tried for years to remove them.

Ειδοποίηση ανακατεύθυνσης

skybluetony176

no chance the others won't vote the same.
She's relying on Labour now if she get's through the day. Robert Peston saying he has been told there will be 48 letters in to the 1922 committee this afternoon. She's had it.

I think 48 is the magic number, 15% of Tory MP’s. If true at the very least they’ll be a leadership competition.

Astute

I remember constantly blaming immigration for housing issues, nhs issues etc and then when anyone pointed out the positives of freedom of movement you accusing them of only seeing one side of the argument despite it being an address to you seeing only one side of the argument while claiming to be the only person seeing both sides of the argument. So yes. It is.
Get it right.

I said our housing shortage is down a lot to having the open borders policy. You tried to say it made no difference. You blamed it on the council housing sell off although those houses are lived in. And that is why I said our infrastructure needs to catch up. Blame who you want but it is reality. If you don't have homes for everyone then letting in anyone else with an EU passport will make it worse.

Which part of this don't you understand Tony?

Captain Dart

I think 48 is the magic number, 15% of Tory MP’s. If true at the very least they’ll be a leadership competition.
Depends now on whether a credible alternative emerges. All bets are off!

skybluetony176

Get it right.

I said our housing shortage is down a lot to having the open borders policy. You tried to say it made no difference. You blamed it on the council housing sell off although those houses are lived in. And that is why I said our infrastructure needs to catch up. Blame who you want but it is reality. If you don't have homes for everyone then letting in anyone else with an EU passport will make it worse.

Which part of this don't you understand Tony?

I actually said it’s down to decades of successive governments failing to invest in the infrastructure that our growing economy has demanded. But whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread