The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (24 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Dart

That is the problem with younger voters and politicians. They can't remember being lied to like the rest of us can. Corbyn offered them what they wanted. What could go wrong.......
It is not as if they haven't had recent lessons in the duplicity of our wonderful politicians.

Captain Dart

clint van damme

It is not as if they haven't had recent lessons in the duplicity of our wonderful politicians.

can't recall anyone saying Brexit would lead to world war 3.
No deal probably will lead to recession, (remember we won't be leaving in 2018 it will be 2019).
Let's see how we get on with those trade deals, do you still believe Liam Foxs assertion that we will be signing dozens the day after we leave because even he has reneged on that.

The picture you've posted is a photo shop. The 350 million for the NHS bus wasn't.

Sick Boy

That is the problem with younger voters and politicians. They can't remember being lied to like the rest of us can. Corbyn offered them what they wanted. What could go wrong.......

Not quite true though, is it? Plenty were lied to my Clegg and the Lib Dems

Grendel

Some suggestion is she may be gone by tonight

fernandopartridge

I'd rather have the EU to keep a government like the Tories in check to a certain extent than letting them have free reign.

But they don't. Why are public services such as NHS open to competition and bidding from private companies? It isn't solely because of the Tories. The EU drives all this, it's a big part of the concept of a single market. I'm afraid some people naively think a single market is all nice stuff like being able to travel around Europe visa free, it isn't.

Grendel

Not quite true though, is it? Plenty were lied to my Clegg and the Lib Dems

Yes and the same reason they voted for him was why they voted for Corbyn - reduced student loans

What principals they have

Grendel

looking inevitable.
Let's face it, whichever leader of which ever party delivers brexit (or doesn't), they're going to have an all out civil war in their party on their hands.

Indeed - The gruesome heirs to Blair - Thornberry and Starmer are lining up to disobey Corbyn and shove a knife in his back

Sick Boy

Yes and the same reason they voted for him was why they voted for Corbyn - reduced student loans

What principals they have

I know plenty of young people who voted for both of them and didn't go to university.

Should older generations pay a lump sum to make up for their grants back in the day?

SIR ERNIE

This sounds like it’s a total sell-out of a deal to me. Can’t say I’m at all surprised because I lost any trust and confidence in this useless PM ages ago.

…so bad in fact that it makes remaining in the EU looks a better option.

She could easily be gone before the night's out.

Astute

I don't care if Blair implemented all of his manifesto, he went to war based on a lie and set the world alight, he should be in the Hague.
And just out of curiosity, you claim to be a Labour supporter but don't support Corbyn and by the tone of the post I've quoted didn't support Blair. So when was it you supported labour?
Is being a Labour voter meaning I must forget what the leaders have done?

You have said in the same post about Bliar. I have just posted about Corbyn and how he changes his mind to suit what he wants the voters to think. Should I pretend to like either of them because I am a Labour voter?

Grendel

This sounds like it’s a total sell-out of a deal to me. Can’t say I’m at all surprised because I lost any trust and confidence in this useless PM ages ago.

No suprised is it? May is like Mad Mart a Brussels whore. She doesn’t want out.

Astute

Corbyn wants out, always had. If he's said different in an interview he's lying he's not the first politician is he?
And I said a long time ago in this thread, Europe will be the issue that finishes Corbyn, he won't be alone.
But his lies are so blatant. And on a subject many are scrutinizing so much.

Grendel

Oh well she’s not gone yet. It’s going to Parliament

clint van damme

But his lies are so blatant. And on a subject many are scrutinizing so much.

His lies are no more blatant than every other politician who's lied about their stance on the EU, and you'd find it easier to list the ones who haven't than those who have.

I reiterate, whatever he may have said, he wants us out.

Astute

His lies are no more blatant than every other politician who's lied about their stance on the EU, and you'd find it easier to list the ones who haven't than those who have.

I have always said he wants us out. It is a few of those who are remain at any cost that say he is a remainer.

Sick Boy

Her record as Home Secretary should have been enough.

Sick Boy

But they don't. Why are public services such as NHS open to competition and bidding from private companies? It isn't solely because of the Tories. The EU drives all this, it's a big part of the concept of a single market. I'm afraid some people naively think a single market is all nice stuff like being able to travel around Europe visa free, it isn't.

Is that not down to domestic policy? What about the environment? I'd much rather trust the EU than looking to open up the country to the Trump administration.

It's hard to keep up whether it is a capitalist club for fat cats or the EUSSR at times ;)

martcov

It is completely unsustainable for the UK to continue to take 250,000 people a year from wherever. Hopefully a control on EU migration will be followed by a stricter points based policy on all incomers apart from perhaps a quota of the most desperate genuine refugees.

I doubt whether EU migration would continue at that rate as average wages in former East Bloc countries are rising. More like non EU migrants will be caring for the baby boomers when they are older. Refugee quota is Merkel’s aim.

SIR ERNIE

In reality today was probably the easy part. Got to get it through Parliament now which looks impossible at this moment in time.

cabinet were initially on board with chequers then resignations followed. I suspect cabinet view will change significantly over coming days.
Once the full details of the deal start to get scrutinised I reckon those MPs who support it will come under huge pressure to reject this halfway house cock up.

Grendel

The Blair creature is back - the interview he gave on C4 was a chilling reminder of what the EU is about.

It should be played over and over again

Astute

Are you trying to get me to like him?

Users who are viewing this thread