The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (14 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

You are so cool being able to find twats on Twatter that only do pro EU Twits.

How about pro Brexit comments? Neither should be allowed as they distort the truth. But here you go.

Click on comments then best comments.

Brexit news: Britons could need visas to visit France after 'no deal' | Daily Mail Online

Then cannot comment on anything. The truth is that Brexit is a mess. You will call that pro EU and distorting the truth because the truth is pro remaining in the EU and you don’t like it.

Astute

Personally I think the EEA option would be a fair compromise between the 2 sides. If you're bothered about keeping the UK together in the long-run, it'd be the sensible option too.
It would all be down to the details.

If we leave but half stay in there is a good chance we would lose the small say we do have yet be stopped from making trade deals elsewhere. And the odds are they would still want billions of pounds each year off us.

If that is the case can anybody explain a good reason to stay half in half out?

Sick Boy

If we leave but half stay in there is a good chance we would lose the small say we do have yet be stopped from making trade deals elsewhere. And the odds are they would still want billions of pounds each year off us.

How is being in the EEA being half in half out of the EU? It's not being an EU member and therefore respects the referendum vote and goes to some way to healing divisions between the two sides.

It was put forward as an option by the likes of Farage pre-referendum.

The likes of Norway are also able to do trade deals separately to the EU, by the way, so not sure what you're referring to.

martcov

Yes. Some people just don't have a clue. That is the problem that you have with pro remain whatever and pro leave whatever.

But we do need to either stay in or get out. No half measures. That would cause more harm than anything.

Yes. I agree. Stay in is the best option and the most popular of all present options.

martcov

Have you any idea when these future trade deals will come into effect and whether they will be better than the trade deals we already have via our EU membership? What will we do in the meantime and who will be responsible if we don’t get better deals?

martcov

Yes. Some people just don't have a clue. That is the problem that you have with pro remain whatever and pro leave whatever.

But we do need to either stay in or get out. No half measures. That would cause more harm than anything.

The problem is that it is not 50:50. some remainers may not have a clue about membership of the EU, but because we are in it, most have some idea. More leavers don’t have a clue, or didn’t have a clue what leave is/was when they voted. How could they know? We still haven’t decided what leave is, or rather how to leave. More leavers never really interested themselves to find about the EU, they believed twats like Gove, Farage, BoJo and co for their information. Lies.

skybluetony176

How is being in the EEA being half in half out of the EU? It's not being an EU member and therefore respects the referendum vote and goes to some way to healing divisions between the two sides.

The likes of Norway are also able to do trade deals separately to the EU, by the way, so not sure what you're referring to.

True. Norway isn’t in the customs union. They’ve also offered to roll forward the current trading arrangement that we have as EU members. So as far as Norway is concerned it will be like we never left, as far as trade goes anyway.

The EFTA countries show how hard Brexit will be for Britain

Last edited:

Grappa

You are so cool being able to find twats on Twatter that only do pro EU Twits.

How about pro Brexit comments? Neither should be allowed as they distort the truth. But here you go.

Click on comments then best comments.

Brexit news: Britons could need visas to visit France after 'no deal' | Daily Mail Online

See, this is where you've been going wrong with this line of argument. I am fundamentally opposed to the idea of brexit. I voted to remain, just like you claim to have done. I think it is a ridiculously stupid idea to remove ourselves from a huge trading bloc. I think it's economic suicide.

Now, you keep asking me to post pro-brexit 'twats' (good one!). Why would I want to do that? I'm anti-racism, do you want me to dig up some pro-racist 'twats'? For balance? Yeah, that's a really good and well-thought out approach, isn't it? I'm against something completely so what I really need to do is advertise the opposing side's small-minded, factually inaccurate propaganda.

You'll no doubt come back with some 'so what you're saying is... ' nonsense but tbh I can't be arsed to get into a debate with someone who just likes to argue for argument's sake.

martcov

The NF did the same.

Nothing has changed there. Apart from anything else Nigel Farage was a NF fan at school. UKIP is a follow up to NF. They smashed the BNP which was led by the son of a NF member and inherited BNP members. It is all the same. Viktor Orban and co are only following Martin Webster’s 70s tactics. They were successful, at least at first, with Millwall fans. I remember the NF on TV explaining the advantages of getting football fans on board. The already had allegiances which they are blindly loyal to, like being part of a united group and following the flags and leaders of the group.

Tyndall and Webster used that. In the case of the NF, Maggie Thatcher’s hard stance against “enemies” pulled NF supporters back into, or following, the right of the Tory party. This time UKIP and the right of the Tories have pulled people from the extreme right into being accepted into public discourse.

SkyblueBazza

Which is actually part of the problem...since we joined we have drifted half in & then out around the issues of budget, currency, vetoes expansion etc

Might have gone better (or indeed worse - we will probably never know now) had we gone into the euro etc

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Astute

How about doing something unusual and read all of a post instead of taking just a few words and making it sound totally different?

So what did the very first line say? Oh yes. It would all be down to the details.

So if we were in the EEA we would not necessarily be in the EU. So we wouldn't have the small say we do now. But The EEA IS the area in which the agreement on the EEA provides for the freedom of movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the European single market, including the freedom to choose residence in any country within this area.

So what would the use of leaving the EU when we are tied by the same rules and regulations?

Astute

See, this is where you've been going wrong with this line of argument. I am fundamentally opposed to the idea of brexit. I voted to remain, just like you claim to have done. I think it is a ridiculously stupid idea to remove ourselves from a huge trading bloc. I think it's economic suicide.

Now, you keep asking me to post pro-brexit 'twats' (good one!). Why would I want to do that? I'm anti-racism, do you want me to dig up some pro-racist 'twats'? For balance? Yeah, that's a really good and well-thought out approach, isn't it? I'm against something completely so what I really need to do is advertise the opposing side's small-minded, factually inaccurate propaganda.

You'll no doubt come back with some 'so what you're saying is... ' nonsense but tbh I can't be arsed to get into a debate with someone who just likes to argue for argument's sake.
And all you ever do is bring up Pro EU Twatter posts. Call that being a part of a debate?

Sick Boy

How about doing something unusual and read all of a post instead of taking just a few words and making it sound totally different?

So what did the very first line say? Oh yes. It would all be down to the details.

So if we were in the EEA we would not necessarily be in the EU. So we wouldn't have the small say we do now. But The EEA IS the area in which the agreement on the EEA provides for the freedom of movement of persons, goods, services and capital within the European single market, including the freedom to choose residence in any country within this area.

So what would the use of leaving the EU when we are tied by the same rules and regulations?

If you are in favour of deregulation and lowering our standards, how would you propose dealing with the Irish border?

How has Britain's say in the EU been 'small', it has always been equal to other members'.

Astute

If you are in favour of deregulation and lowering our standards, how would you propose dealing with the Irish border?

How has Britain's say in the EU been 'small', it has always been equal to other members'.
Making up things again I see.

And I take it you now admit that you were wrong on what you said against my post.

And now you want me to continue to hit my head against a brick wall saying that the Ireland problem would be much easier to solve if we knew what we had to solve. If we have a free trade agreement there would be much less to consider. But the EU wants us to solve the Ireland border problem before we know what problems we have to solve. I have posted links saying the same. It is nothing but a way to stop us from leaving.

Sick Boy

Making up things again I see.

And I take it you now admit that you were wrong on what you said against my post.

And now you want me to continue to hit my head against a brick wall saying that the Ireland problem would be much easier to solve if we knew what we had to solve. If we have a free trade agreement there would be much less to consider. But the EU wants us to solve the Ireland border problem before we know what problems we have to solve. I have posted links saying the same. It is nothing but a way to stop us from leaving.

If you genuinely think it would be better to conclude a trade deal before securing the withdrawal agreement, then you really are clueless.

I see you still have no response to having an open border with Ireland while having different regulations to the EU.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Let’s stop going on about it and get out with no deal,That will upset the remoaners and the bbc and maybe Martcov will start contributing on the CCFC general chat pages?
I reckon he doesn’t even like football just likes to moan.
The people spoke you win some you lose some,Deal with it
I voted out that doesn’t mean I am a racist football thug!!!

Astute

If you genuinely think it would be better to conclude a trade deal before securing the withdrawal agreement, then you really are clueless.

I see you still have no response to having an open border with Ireland while having different regulations to the EU.
Who said conclude a deal?

I said see what offer is available so we know what to work with.

No deal on anything will be finalised until every little thing has been argued about. That will take many years at this rate. And no that shouldn't be the reason for remaining in the EU.

Astute

Let’s stop going on about it and get out with no deal,That will upset the remoaners and the bbc and maybe Martcov will start contributing on the CCFC general chat pages?
That is why I have said a fair deal or no deal. We either leave or don't. Leaving isn't half staying in the EU where they call all the shots and hamper us in the future.

And BTW can't see his posts now. Had enough of his diatribe.

Sick Boy

Who said conclude a deal?

I said see what offer is available so we know what to work with.

No deal on anything will be finalised until every little thing has been argued about. That will take many years at this rate. And no that shouldn't be the reason for remaining in the EU.

Both sides have said that they want to have a deep and comprehensive free trade deal!!

The issue is how to have an open border when the UK is looking to deregulate and sign deals with the USA, which would be wanting to export goods to the UK that would be illegal in the RoI.

Astute

Both sides have said that they want to have a deep and comprehensive free trade deal!!

The issue is how to have an open border when the UK is looking to deregulate and sign deals with the USA, which would be wanting to export goods to the UK that would be illegal in the RoI.
When did the EU say that?

And how about the celebrations on here when it looked like the EU signing a deal with the USA?

Like I have continually said it is all down to the details. But this is always forgotten about when needed.

Captain Dart

clint van damme

what do you think will happen if we have to operate under the WTO, even for a couple of years?

skybluetony176

The veto only applies in certain areas since the Lisbon treaty.
Lisbon Treaty: more of Britain's powers surrendered to Brussels

In many ways the Lisbon Treaty was the beginning of the end for many of the EU and I get that point. If Gordon Brown and Parliament had have delivered a referendum on it I’m not sure I would have voted for it. We still have a veto though so to suggest that we have had little say is nonsense. Although clearly the Lisbon Treaty diminished some of our say. I wouldn’t argue otherwise.

Last edited:

Astute

In many ways the Lisbon Treaty was the beginning of the end for many of the EU and I get that point. If Gordon Brown and Parliament had have delivered a referendum on it I’m not sure I would have voted for it. We still have a veto though so to suggest that we have had little say is nonsense. Although clearly the Lisbon Treaty diminished some of our say. I wouldn’t argue otherwise.
Make your mind up.

Either we get a big say as you try to make out or we only get a small say as you say is wrong.

It was like when Juncker got his position. We protested that he shouldn't have got it as his dodgy dealings had cost us billions....And cost billions to countries throughout Europe. A very good reason for him not to get it however much you defend him. But we got outvoted. Would have been good to have a veto.

Users who are viewing this thread