The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (20 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

But Mart says the AfD is nothing in Germany :rolleyes:

Yes. The AFD has 96 seats in Parliament, but they are not in the coalition. The SPD is in the coalition. The SPD claims that forcing people to do service, military or community, is Zwangsarbeit, forced labour, and is against the constitution. Any such idea would first have to be checked against the constitution and to change the constitution you need a two thirds majority ( no 52:48 crap here on important issues ).

martcov

Is that your way of saying that a pro EU paper is wrong when saying things that could be seen as against the EU?

What could be seen as against the EU? The Guardian says that the idea is seen as a „populist“ attempt to unite the CDU. The mention of „populist“ infers that the Guardian holds an anti populist opinion.

martcov

They would almost certainly leave the country rather than serve in the army. Win-Win.

„They“ as in „us and them“? Personally, I think it is just bs. An idea in the „Sommerloch“ when nothing is going on.

Got a few headlines at the beginning of August, and will be put to bed now. Many refugees are frustrated at the difficulties getting a decent job as they have to wait 6 weeks for the job centre to confirm that there are no German citizens for the job. Usually the job has gone by then, or it is a job which no one wants ( e.g. delivering parcels up flights of stairs in German apartment blocks for little money ). I suspect some would do community service to help their CV and improve their German.

Astute

I have not said anything else, but I wouldn’t be so deluded to say that this proves that the EU always bends rules to the limit.

Brexit is actually attracting more attention to the failings and lies of the Brexiteers than the EU in relation to the size of the U.K. against that of the EU.
Those who are pro EU like yourself only look at lies on one side and try their best to ignore the lies on the other side and the bending of the rules by those in the EU. So of course that is all you see.

Astute

Yes. The AFD has 96 seats in Parliament, but they are not in the coalition. The SPD is in the coalition. The SPD claims that forcing people to do service, military or community, is Zwangsarbeit, forced labour, and is against the constitution. Any such idea would first have to be checked against the constitution and to change the constitution you need a two thirds majority ( no 52:48 crap here on important issues ).
The AfD are the largest party in opposition. Yet you make out that they are nothing.

Astute

What could be seen as against the EU? The Guardian says that the idea is seen as a „populist“ attempt to unite the CDU. The mention of „populist“ infers that the Guardian holds an anti populist opinion.
Not at all. Your normal line when a paper or any media outlet says something you don't like is they are anti EU rants. But you k ow you can't say that against the Guardian. They are as pro EU as you can get.

Astute

„They“ as in „us and them“? Personally, I think it is just bs. An idea in the „Sommerloch“ when nothing is going on.

Got a few headlines at the beginning of August, and will be put to bed now. Many refugees are frustrated at the difficulties getting a decent job as they have to wait 6 weeks for the job centre to confirm that there are no German citizens for the job. Usually the job has gone by then, or it is a job which no one wants ( e.g. delivering parcels up flights of stairs in German apartment blocks for little money ). I suspect some would do community service to help their CV and improve their German.
Yet you would be spitting feathers if the UK did something similar.

martcov

Not at all. Your normal line when a paper or any media outlet says something you don't like is they are anti EU rants. But you k ow you can't say that against the Guardian. They are as pro EU as you can get.

The papers you quote normally have anti EU rants. I don’t see anything anti EU in your link. I don’t know why you are having a go st me because I cannot see anything anti EU.

martcov

Yet you would be spitting feathers if the UK did something similar.

Nothing has happened and I haven’t given an opinion on the idea either way. I just said I think that at least some refugees would take it up for a year even if they weren’t forced to.

Astute

The papers you quote normally have anti EU rants. I don’t see anything anti EU in your link. I don’t know why you are having a go st me because I cannot see anything anti EU.
Talking crap again hey Mart?

Point out where I quote them. I kept away from quoting who you said were anti EU to try and keep things fair. But then the very pro EU ones on here started quoting them when it was something good about the EU. And I pulled you up on it. Remember?

And look back. I said anti EU or something that doesn't look good on the EU. Which is your strategy. Then you try to change the subject instead of having a debate on what it says.

Just like the AfD is nothing in Germany although they are the largest party in opposition. But you try to make out that Farage is massive in the UK. Or we should chase up tax dodgers in the UK but we shouldn't talk about Juncker although his tax dodges cost us countless billions in lost tax revenues and cost countries throughout the EU countless billions. Or the EU isn't bent but the bloke at the top shouldn't be there. And strangely enough he is German. Even you eventually had to admit that it is totally wrong.

Astute

Nothing has happened and I haven’t given an opinion on the idea either way. I just said I think that at least some refugees would take it up for a year even if they weren’t forced to.
Germany is doing what it can to stop them from going there. And is making it as difficult as it can for those who are already there. True?

Astute

Mauritius just wants to take back control. Something I’m sure all brexiteers will support them on.
I agree that something should happen. But not knowing the whole case doesn't make it easy to guess about.

Just like some saying that it is all about Brexit. That is just the normal pro EU bullshit. By the look of it the situation has been going on for many years. But it has become another bit of Brexit bullshit.

Astute

But they can still vote on the issue and that may be enough to tilt the result in favour of compulsory conscription (assuming that CDU/CSU doesn't already have a majority on the issue)..
But Mart says that the AfD has no say in Germany and they are nothing :rolleyes:

skybluetony176

I wasn't referring to Mauritius but to the suggestion that Britain was 'losing its influence on the world stage since Brexit', as you well know.

Well EU countries chose to use their veto when the UN voted on the subject giving Mauritius the opportunity to peruse this through The Hague whereas EU countries usually back each other in such situations. In essence we seem to have lost some automatic allies because ties with the EU are being cut and assumed solitary with a large proportion of the UN is being lost as an effect of that.

Mauritius is a commonwealth country. Does our weakened status mean we can also no longer expect the commonwealth countries support? Mauritius certainly doesn’t think so as they suddenly feel empowered to challenge us after 50 years of lip service disapproval on the issue.

We’re suddenly looking like a loner in the UN.

Astute

Well EU countries chose to use their veto when the UN voted on the subject giving Mauritius the opportunity to peruse this through The Hague whereas EU countries usually back each other in such situations. In essence we seem to have lost some automatic allies because ties with the EU are being cut and assumed solitary with a large proportion of the UN is being lost as an effect of that.

Mauritius is a commonwealth country. Does our weakened status mean we can also no longer expect the commonwealth countries support? Mauritius certainly doesn’t think so as they suddenly feel empowered to challenge us after 50 years of lip service disapproval on the issue.

Read again.

They have wanted to get their land back for many years. Yet now it is all to do with Brexit. Would you like to explain?

SkyblueBazza

Undoubtedly Britain has had reducing influence on the world stage. It has been happening for a long long time now. It is called progress...it is inevitable. Like as a child grows up, forms it's own opinions & way in life.
Britain used to bully it's way around the world until the stark realisation that by helping those influenced massively by it to develop, you actually lose influence over them.

As for EU spitefulness with the veto...that is the EU trying to make a bit of a bullying point to thd UK. Wonder how the the EU will vote if/when the disputed (with France) Tromelin Island comes to the fore?

As for Mauritius itself, I have little doubt that as things stand they will want UK/US defence assurances into the bargain as well. That is probably where the so called 'threats' arise.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Undoubtedly Britain has had reducing influence on the world stage. It has been happening for a long long time now. It is called progress...it is inevitable. Like as a child grows up, forms it's own opinions & way in life.
Britain used to bully it's way around the world until the stark realisation that by helping those influenced massively by it to develop, you actually lose influence over them.

As for EU spitefulness with the veto...that is the EU trying to make a bit of a bullying point to thd UK. Wonder how the the EU will vote if/when the disputed (with France) Tromelin Island comes to the fore?

As for Mauritius itself, I have little doubt that as things stand they will want UK/US defence assurances into the bargain as well. That is probably where the so called 'threats' arise.

EU spitefulness? It was two countries within the EU who vetoed not a blanket EU veto.

I would have thought that any brexiteer would support Mauritius in taking back control of its sovereign land. Surprised that you’re using words like spiteful to describe any country supporting Mauritius on this. If you can count a veto as support, it’s more a sign of not wanting to get involved whereas previously EU loyalties may have meant that said countries felt honour bound to support the U.K. and now don’t have to get involved with U.K. affairs. Ironically I thought that’s what brexit wanted.

Smacks of double standards all around here. Pointing the finger at Eu countries for not getting involved with U.K. matters in stark contrast to the brexit campaign and then not showing solidarity with another country that just wants what the brexit campaign wants.

SkyblueBazza

EU spitefulness? It was two countries within the EU who vetoed not a blanket EU veto.

I would have thought that any brexiteer would support Mauritius in taking back control of its sovereign land. Surprised that you’re using words like spiteful to describe any country supporting Mauritius on this. If you can count a veto as support, it’s more a sign of not wanting to get involved whereas previously EU loyalties may have meant that said countries felt honour bound to support the U.K. and now don’t have to get involved with U.K. affairs. Ironically I thought that’s what brexit wanted.

Smacks of double standards all around here. Pointing the finger at Eu countries for not getting involved with U.K. matters in stark contrast to the brexit campaign and then not showing solidarity with another country that just wants what the brexit campaign wants.

1. I am not a 'Brexiteer'
2. I do support Mauritius on this. And on the Tromelin Island issue too.
3. 2 abstentions not veto's - which is all it took. France WILL probably end up wishing as Tremolin could well be the next push...& Britain is equally spiteful so may well abstain unless there is something in it for Britain!
4. 3=double standards all-round, look...I was going to say 'hard enough' - but 'look' alone suffices...& you will find the EU is as riddled as anywhere else - but everyone on here including you & I have them

martcov

Well according to him they were never going to win more than a handful of seats in last years election.

94 is quite a handful.

No. I said that AFD is regional. In Chemnitz they are 25% according to the latest polls. In Kiel they got less than 6% at the last state election. I did not say they were not going to win more than a handful of seats in the Bundestag. They were lucky to get over the 5% hurdle in Schleswig-Holstein state elections though.

Says a lot when you have to make things up.

martcov

Yes, forty-five years of history.

Explain. How did the UK help shape the Customs Union and Single Market? Why has the UK got „get outs“ on the Euro and Shengen? How come Britain can fight in wars when it wants to without asking the EU? The list goes on. We have a veto on the important matters in the EU and we take part in the evolving of the largest trading bloc in the world, whilst at the same time having a world financial centre. Doesn’t look like we have given up most of our sovereignty to me. Perhaps you could explain the significance of fruit regulations ( I.e. curvature of bananas) in relationship to making major decisions such as the Iraq war?

SkyblueBazza

Well according to him they were never going to win more than a handful of seats in last years election.

94 is quite a handful.
This happens in the UK? = 'divided nation'

Extremism is everywhere...how it is dealt with is the all important thing. Across Europe various countries have over time pacified extremism or embraced it...but even slapping it down can lead to disaster. Probably consistency in applying principle & law is the key?

Users who are viewing this thread