The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (21 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Have you had the World Cup on in your pub Mart?

Funnily enough no. We only open in the evenings. The Columbia game happened whilst I was on a long drive and I could only hear it and not watch it.

The Sweden game happened when I as preparing paperwork for the taxman. Which is getting beyond a joke. I am in another 2 inspections now. The last one took 2 and a half years and cost over 30000 in lawyers fees and a tax " estimate " as they think all caterers fiddle, so we all get " estimated" although they found nothing tangible. Now I have a wages inspection and another normal one. I hope to see the semis and the final though.

I have hardly seen the world cup as up until now I was always driving or working.

Astute

In other words you cannot find anything. It just says so in the Express and Mail and Farage says it. Up until now the UK is having trouble putting anything together. That is blindingly obvious and the government may even fall because of it. Nothing to do with me being reasonable or not.

The latest fudge is another example. Who is happy with it? Industry... no, doesn't go far enough. Mogg and co. .... no it goes too far. The EU? No, sounds like having a cake and eating it. The people who will have to collect EU tariffs as part of the deal? No, it will be a boon for smugglers..

And all you can say is that I think the UK keeps coming up with unreasonable solutions. One day you will have to admit that the whole thing is a farce - whether you are a leaver or a remainer, this cock up was not what you wished for. And has certainly got absolutely nothing to do with me.
More like you have an excuse for whatever the EU says and does. Yet whatever the UK does is wrong.

You haven't explained how Juncker could have got his position in the EU with his past and how come they haven't at least suspended him so they can investigate him properly. You seem to be happy that he would be in charge of any investigation against himself.

Astute

Funnily enough no. We only open in the evenings. The Columbia game happened whilst I was on a long drive and I could only hear it and not watch it.

The Sweden game happened when I as preparing paperwork for the taxman. Which is getting beyond a joke. I am in another 2 inspections now. The last one took 2 and a half years and cost over 30000 in lawyers fees and a tax " estimate " as they think all caterers fiddle, so we all get " estimated" although they found nothing tangible. Now I have a wages inspection and another normal one. I hope to see the semis and the final though.

I have hardly seen the world cup as up until now I was always driving or working.
Yet you find enough time to spend hours every day on here defending the EU :smuggrin:

SIR ERNIE

Ah ok, just wondered who you were supporting now that Germany are out.

dutchman

It's the same for everyone in Germany I'm told, from filing taxes to claiming welfare benefits.

martcov

Ah ok, just wondered who you were supporting now that Germany are out.

England...of course, but it’s all gone quiet over here regarding the World Cup... funnily enough.. Screwed my business up. Especially the Saturday k.o. Where they lost. Worst Saturday ever on the Kiel Week.....

Grendel

England...of course, but it’s all gone quiet over here regarding the World Cup... funnily enough.. Screwed my business up. Especially the Saturday k.o. Where they lost. Worst Saturday ever on the Kiel Week.....

Do you think we are going to be able to just walk away from the CFP Mart?

martcov

Do you think we are going to be able to just walk away from the CFP Mart?

Doubt it. I suspect that seeing as the fishing industry doesn’t employ many people and needs the EU as customers.. and the EU needs cooperation for controlling fishing stocks... there will be a Trade off..and we Will be tied into the CFP. Maybe we get sensible revised conditions.. but I don’t claim to be an expert..

Grendel

Doubt it. I suspect that seeing as the fishing industry doesn’t employ many people and needs the EU as customers.. and the EU needs cooperation for controlling fishing stocks... there will be a Trade off..and we Will be tied into the CFP. Maybe we get sensible revised conditions.. but I don’t claim to be an expert..

Odd as you liked Tony’s posts saying exactly that.

Grendel

Oh Tony....

skybluetony176

Odd as you liked Tony’s posts saying exactly that.

You seem to be under the misconception that me and Mart have to agree on everything. We don’t. It’s the difference between not being a grown up and being a grown up. What you will notice though is Mart gave an explanation to why he doesn’t agree with me. There’s was no incoherent nonsense about Mr Euro, no presumed fact just an observation on what he thinks. My counter to that is Norway again. The EU is too their biggest customer for fish (unprocessed fish and that point is important), they are in the EEA, they are in the single market but they’re not in the common fisheries policy and they have their own fishing practices and that includes a ban on discarding, in stark contrast to the common fisheries policy. The EU has a far stronger hold on Norway because of their memberships than they will on the U.K. when we leave. Our government has stated in a white paper that the practice of discarding will end when we leave. Given the Norway model there’s no reason to see why the EU will be able to continue to enforce discarding on us. A precedent has been set already.

martcov

You seem to be under the misconception that me and Mart have to agree on everything. We don’t. It’s the difference between not being a grown up and being a grown up. What you will notice though is Mart gave an explanation to why he doesn’t agree with me. There’s was no incoherent nonsense about Mr Euro, no presumed fact just an observation on what he thinks. My counter to that is Norway again. The EU is too their biggest customer for fish (unprocessed fish and that point is important), they are in the EEA, they are in the single market but they’re not in the common fisheries policy and they have their own fishing practices and that includes a ban on discarding, in stark contrast to the common fisheries policy. The EU has a far stronger hold on Norway because of their memberships than they will on the U.K. when we leave. Our government has stated in a white paper that the practice of discarding will end when we leave. Given the Norway model there’s no reason to see why the EU will be able to continue to enforce discarding on us. A precedent has been set already.

Yes, and I think that the EU sees the problem with discarding anyway. And yes, I don’t agree with everything you say. Although usually more likely to agree with you than Grendel.... ;-)

skybluetony176

Yes, and I think that the EU sees the problem with discarding anyway. And yes, I don’t agree with everything you say. Although usually more likely to agree with you than Grendel.... ;-)

Shut up Mr Euro, why don’t you get a room with Heir Merkel if you love her that much? You could always invite Junker and have a threesome ;)

skybluetony176

Oh dear. I just liked a post where you disagree with me. Hope I don’t lose some internet points.

Astute

Some just don't get irony.

So those who are pro EU expect those who are looking for a decent deal on leaving the EU to know what will happen with fishing policies when they can't even agree themselves :rolleyes: :smuggrin:

Grendel

Tony I’ve already told you that there is an Eu document that states one condition of an agreed leave position is to remain in it. You replied with ha ha ha ha ha admit you are wrong,

If you act like a five year old get treated like one.

So - one last chance - do you believe this document or not?

Also you keep blathering on about discarding which is essentially quotas. Quotas that even the transition document includes.

The danish prime minister insists this will be a central theme of a negotiated leave arrangement as well.

So if you keep persisting in behaving like a little boy whose had his favourite toy taken off him as it’s time for bed expect the piss to be taken out of you.

Grendel

Shut up Mr Euro, why don’t you get a room with Heir Merkel if you love her that much? You could always invite Junker and have a threesome ;)

Out of interest Tony do you know who i mean by Mr Euro?

martcov

Some just don't get irony.

So those who are pro EU expect those who are looking for a decent deal on leaving the EU to know what will happen with fishing policies when they can't even agree themselves :rolleyes: :smuggrin:

I don’t expect those non pro EU to know any more than Davis about the workings of the EU or that they agree with each other. Up til now they haven’t proved me wrong...

skybluetony176

Tony I’ve already told you that there is an Eu document that states one condition of an agreed leave position is to remain in it. You replied with ha ha ha ha ha admit you are wrong,

If you act like a five year old get treated like one.

So - one last chance - do you believe this document or not?

Also you keep blathering on about discarding which is essentially quotas. Quotas that even the transition document includes.

The danish prime minister insists this will be a central theme of a negotiated leave arrangement as well.

So if you keep persisting in behaving like a little boy whose had his favourite toy taken off him as it’s time for bed expect the piss to be taken out of you.

Don’t tell Astute that the prime minister of a country that has a smaller population than London has any clout in the EU. He thinks it’s all down to Junker. Hopefully he wouldn’t have seen your post so all is OK.

Grendel

What made you think that joke comment has anything to do with you. You need to keep that narcissism in check.

Tony did you learn a new word today?

Astute

Don’t tell Astute that the prime minister of a country that has a smaller population than London has any clout in the EU. He thinks it’s all down to Junker. Hopefully he wouldn’t have seen your post so all is OK.
So that is your best attempt at defending Juncker?

Westendlad

Hmmm ok.

Astute

No surprise at all.

May doesn't want out. But she is leading out. So she will try and keep close ties with the EU whilst trying to make it look like we are leaving. Then you have those who do want out like Davis.

We should either stay in or get out completely. Half in half out is worse than being in. It would still cost us billions each year and we would have to follow what they say. But we would lose our right to veto.

martcov

No surprise at all.

May doesn't want out. But she is leading out. So she will try and keep close ties with the EU whilst trying to make it look like we are leaving. Then you have those who do want out like Davis.

We should either stay in or get out completely. Half in half out is worse than being in. It would still cost us billions each year and we would have to follow what they say. But we would lose our right to veto.

We should never have had the referendum. We have now split the country virtually 50:50 and put the whole economy at risk for the next few years. And for what? Juncker? He’s leaving. Trade deals? The EU has got some big ones e.g. Canada and Japan. Control? Of our economy? Our biggest ally has started a trade war and won’t be giving any favours. Eastern European migrants? We need them. And that will become less as their countries catch up. Fish? We need the EU fish market to sell them.

We’re running out of time to present a workable position to the EU. It’s almost at a penalty shootout for Brexit now. Let’s hope we win the World Cup, we need the feel good feeling and some unity.

fernandopartridge

No surprise at all.

As a leave voter who has subsequently realised how entwined with the EU our trade is, it's clear to me that there is no other option than a soft Brexit which means hopefully EEA.

Astute

As a leave voter who has subsequently realised how entwined with the EU our trade is, it's clear to me that there is no other option than a soft Brexit which means hopefully EEA.
As a remainer I have lost all respect for those running the EU. They have shown themselves to be more interested in keeping full control than doing what is best for the citizens of the EU.

I would be happy if they actually sat around a table and spoke about the best way of going forward. Spoke about what's best for the citizens of the EU. But all they want to do is force us to stay in.

I now don't know if I want us to leave or remain, but what I don't want is half in half out.

Users who are viewing this thread