The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (30 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

The link I put up haven’t
What would happen to the economy if we voted leave?

This has more to do with Brexit than a graph you have put up. Yet they said the opposite to what would happen. For instance house prices would crash. They went up. Millions of jobs would be lost. We ended up with record employment.

It is like this thread. If they think what will happen looks bad they will make it look worse trying to get the end result they want. If it looks good and they want it to look good they make it look even better.

Truth? That is something to stifle.

SBAndy

Are you saying that I not allowed to think that he isn't good enough to lead the UK for the only reason that the other leaders are also not good enough?

Not at all. My point being I’ve seen you criticise others who have said that he isn’t the answer, then to turn round and say they will be voting Labour, somehow trying to paint hypocrisy. Is Corbyn the best person to lead us? Possibly not. Is Corbyn better than Johnson, Swinson, Farage etc? In many peoples’ opinions, yes.

Astute

Not at all. My point being I’ve seen you criticise others who have said that he isn’t the answer, then to turn round and say they will be voting Labour, somehow trying to paint hypocrisy. Is Corbyn the best person to lead us? Possibly not. Is Corbyn better than Johnson, Swinson, Farage etc? In many peoples’ opinions, yes.
That is what a debate is supposed to be about. Yes it is debatable. I don't feel as though any of them are worthy of my vote. But have voted Labour all my life.

Look back. I have been against the appointment of Corbyn from the start. He is not the right person. He certainly is the wrong person.

SkyblueBazza

1 lol great comparison - these people are predicting what the state of play is a decade down the line, not quibbling over 3 months. If I get cancer I hope I talk to that doctor, I might live for another 10 years.

2 Exactly - it could be a lot worse in 10 years OR it might not be half as bad. Nobody knows.

You're dealing with "best guesses which aren't perfect" ... not an astronmer predicting an eclipse in 10 years time to the second.

1. Is an idiotic comparison. It is simply a an estimate that would be out. The fact is the patient would still have long cancer & still die

2. You're spot on, a lot of influencing factors will probably change within that 10yrs...just as they did in the last 10yrs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

That is what a debate is supposed to be about. Yes it is debatable. I don't feel as though any of them are worthy of my vote. But have voted Labour all my life.

Look back. I have been against the appointment of Corbyn from the start. He is not the right person. He certainly is the wrong person.

A debate isn’t seeking out faux hypocrisy as you seem to have done here. For what it’s worth, I am in the camp that believes that Labour need to identify a new leader to bring about a real challenge whilst adhering to the same policy objectives. The key issue is that there isn’t an obvious candidate to deliver on that. Throw into the mix an imminent election, and the fact that this limits immediate choice, and that is why people, including me, will begin to get behind Corbyn again. Do I think he’ll win? Honestly, no.

djr8369

Back to twisting the truth I see. Well done.

How am I twisting the truth? You’ve completely misrepresented what happened even though I’ve explained it to you. Then you accuse me of twisting the truth?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Oh the irony.

Boris says something you are all over it. Someone from the EU says something you try to put it onto Boris.

Boris says something I comment on it. Someone from the EU says something I comment on it. You try to change the subject. They all should be treated the same.

Once again you’ve managed to completely miss the point and then misrepresent what has happened.

djr8369

What would happen to the economy if we voted leave?

This has more to do with Brexit than a graph you have put up. Yet they said the opposite to what would happen. For instance house prices would crash. They went up. Millions of jobs would be lost. We ended up with record employment.

It is like this thread. If they think what will happen looks bad they will make it look worse trying to get the end result they want. If it looks good and they want it to look good they make it look even better.

Truth? That is something to stifle.

If we leave, not if we voted leave.

You have continually misrepresented what predictions have been made and there circumstances and used this to discredit any prediction made.

Grendel

How am I twisting the truth? You’ve completely misrepresented what happened even though I’ve explained it to you. Then you accuse me of twisting the truth?!

Mad mart is back

Grendel

shmmeee

A debate isn’t seeking out faux hypocrisy as you seem to have done here. For what it’s worth, I am in the camp that believes that Labour need to identify a new leader to bring about a real challenge whilst adhering to the same policy objectives. The key issue is that there isn’t an obvious candidate to deliver on that. Throw into the mix an imminent election, and the fact that this limits immediate choice, and that is why people, including me, will begin to get behind Corbyn again. Do I think he’ll win? Honestly, no.

It’s frustrating because there’s so much actual criticism of a Corbyn to be made and instead it’s this nonsense about him being a racist or a communist or whatever.

As I’ve said before though, at least Labour has some talent left. Tories seem to have purged anyone slightly competent. The irony of seeing people who support Priti Vacant as HS but not Diane Abbott or support an openly islamophobic party but not one proven to have a lower level of antisemitism than most. At least make sensible criticisms or just say you believe in a different ideology.

You end up correcting untruths and coming across as a Corbynite. Like you I support the movement behind him which actually has little to do with him in reality and wish there was a better leader. But in terms of competence he’s at least level with Johnson and in terms of character streets ahead.

djr8369

It’s frustrating because there’s so much actual criticism of a Corbyn to be made and instead it’s this nonsense about him being a racist or a communist or whatever.

Indeed. He’s not a good leader, is mostly useless in PMQs and leaves himself wide open for criticism all the time. But the current government are so unbelievably awful they still need to brand him a communist to keep on top. You’d think they couldn’t get any more desperate than Milliband eating a sandwich yet they manage it.

djr8369

Astute seems genuine TBH.

Yes to be fair all the details of him and his family moving to France made me think he must be. I only brought it up because in their desperation to distract from me quoting Gs racist comments back to him they’ve taken to accusing me of being Mart.

Grendel

Yes to be fair all the details of him and his family moving to France made me think he must be. I only brought it up because in their desperation to distract from me quoting Gs racist comments back to him they’ve taken to accusing me of being Mart.

When was your first post on this topic?

shmmeee

Standard. I’ve had the same for not toeing the party line on the stadium.

Astute

And why won't Labour win? I hear Labour policies are supposed to be the better out of them. Labour has at last come out as remain. Most people are supposed to want to remain now if everything on here is to be believed.

Do people consider Corbyn a worse choice than Boris?

The one thing that gets me is those who point out what one party has done in the past but if the party that they want to win has done the same they ignore it or say it was a different leader then. Of course it was. That is the same for all parties.

I am totally undecided who I am going to vote for. Don't even know if I will bother.

Astute

Yes Mart. You may have changed your name but nothing else has changed.

Astute

You know I am.

Have also had my face in the paper noticed on here. And a few have come up to me at games or at least said they noticed me at a game.

Yet some try to say I am a leaver when my wife and younger kids live in France. But not one has been able to come out with a reason why.

djr8369

Yeah. Perving young women behind the bar.

I guess there’s only so many times you can falsely claim someone has twisted the truth before it falls apart and you’re reduced to just making false accusations and slinging mud.

Astute

I guess there’s only so many times you can falsely claim someone has twisted the truth before it falls apart and you’re reduced to just making false accusations and slinging mud.

Yes Mart.

djr8369

Yes Mart.

While you keep up this nonsense I’ll keep on trying to have a grown up conversation while calling out your bull. In the meantime you’ll look more and more ridiculous.

Still wish you all the best with the family even though you’re nothing but rude and condescending towards me.

Users who are viewing this thread