The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (21 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyblueBazza

I’ll give you a good example. I have a cousin who is a highly intellectual guy. Straight A’s at A level but joined the army in preference to university. Worked his way up the ranks and then left to join what was then the RUC, took voluntary redundancy as part of the measures to cut RUC numbers in the GFA, joined the Met and after many years serving in London has just retired at 55. The guy is a genius (especially history and specifically military history), he’s well traveled, has lots of life experience in many walks of life. He also has a Facebook account and because of his connections to the army, police force, his friend group related to this and his interest in military history he seemed to have become a target for Cambridge Analytica during the referendum campaign. Most of which he ignored but he latched onto something claiming that the EU can force us to join the Euro and voted leave based on this information. To be honest I was staggered when he told me because he is one of the most intellectual people I know. He was unaware that we and Denmark have vetoed out of ever committing to join the Euro. Simply because he’s a member of groups on Facebook that are loyal to the crown. He’s somewhat red faced now but you’re talking about a proud Protestant man from Northern Ireland who has served queen and country in the British forces, the Royal Ulster Constabulary and the London Metropolitan Police Force and the thought of losing the queens face of our money was enough to push him over the edge. Ironically things like they took away our blue passports he knew was bullshit but through targeting campaigning they hooked him in on 1 “issue” that in truth wasn’t an issue. He deeply regrets his decision, he’s just retired back to Northern Ireland and is now facing up to the prospect of a united ireland and ironically adopting the very currency he was duped into voting a certain way to avoid.
There endeth today's story...about one man

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

They're looking to amend the piss poor deal he's come back with, essentially what the tories should have opened for debate over 2 years ago.
And they think when faced with said ammendments the EU will simply say "ah, okay we'll go along with whatever you want"?

They are increasing the risk of a no-deal

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You missed all the passengers on the gravy-train.

And there is no-one on one in the UK? No ministers employing members of their own family to their staff? No jobs for the boys? No 'friends' being awarded taxpayer money on being added to delegations at taxpayers expenses?

Or should I call it the Bovril train to make it more British?

SkyblueBazza

And there is no-one on one in the UK? No ministers employing members of their own family to their staff? No jobs for the boys? No 'friends' being awarded taxpayer money on being added to delegations at taxpayers expenses?

Or should I call it the Bovril train to make it more British?
Non of that is relevant to the post I was replying to though is it?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Non of that is relevant to the post I was replying to though is it?

Yes it is. You were replying to a post about people making money from the EU and mentioned those on the gravy train, hence alluding to the fact there are plenty of people getting paid by the EU for 'hanging on'

The UK has exactly the same and I just mentioned a few of them.

SkyblueBazza

Yes it is. You were replying to a post about people making money from the EU and mentioned those on the gravy train, hence alluding to the fact there are plenty of people getting paid by the EU for 'hanging on'

The UK has exactly the same and I just mentioned a few of them.
Perhaps you should read my earlier post then

Astute

Instead we'd be 'ruled' by the likes of the self-interested Alexander. Or Corbyn. Or with a massive dose of salt Swinson. Just because they're British doesn't make them better. Juncker is not great. But neither are the options we can put forward domestically. They're all largely cut from the same cloth.
So each of your posts are in agreement with mine yet you are trying to use them as a point against my posts.

Says it all.

Astute

Would appreciate it if you didn’t come steaming in waving your dick about trying to insinuate that I am in some way justifying the actions of one part whilst accusing the other. This thread of the conversation only started due to people denying that there was war-like rhetoric circling social media. There is a documentary on it - that is all I’ve said.
And I say exactly the same all the time. Take half the posters on this thread.

If the EU does or says anything wrong it is defended or ignored. But if anything is said or done wrong by anyone from the leave side they are crucified.

Just like here. Grendel says what Juncker said. Grendel is supposed to be making racist comments. But it originated from Juncker. So the excuses come out.

You want a debate? Then treat all people from all sides fairly.

It won't get you anywhere from the remain side though. They only want one side of the story told. And just what you are trying here. I have a go at everyone. I have a go at Boris and the Tories as much as anyone who is biased on remain. But this is ignored by them. But if I dare to have a go at anyone who they defend....like Juncker.....It is a totally different matter.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

And I say exactly the same all the time. Take half the posters on this thread.

If the EU does or says anything wrong it is defended or ignored. But if anything is said or done wrong by anyone from the leave side they are crucified.

Just like here. Grendel says what Juncker said. Grendel is supposed to be making racist comments. But it originated from Juncker. So the excuses come out.

You want a debate? Then treat all people from all sides fairly.

It won't get you anywhere from the remain side though. They only want one side of the story told. And just what you are trying here. I have a go at everyone. I have a go at Boris and the Tories as much as anyone who is biased on remain. But this is ignored by them. But if I dare to have a go at anyone who they defend....like Juncker.....It is a totally different matter.
An excellent, measured post.
Won't be tolerated by the obsessive element on here.

Astute

An excellent, measured post.
Won't be tolerated by the obsessive element on here.
It is the same thing day after day. People say they want a debate but they don't.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why I want us out of the EU when I need us to remain in the EU. I'm waiting for someone to explain why parliament being an absolute mess could be good in any way. I'm waiting for someone to explain to explain how another referendum can sort this diatribe out. Or even why the so called peoples vote is called so as people voted first time.

It is as bad on here as in parliament. Most don't want to listen to anything they don't want to happen. But it is OK to blame everything on someone else who has nothing to do with the side they defend.

There is no side worth defending. Both sides are as bad as each other. Just like all parties are. The longer it goes on the harder it will be to resolve anything.

skybluetony176

I see the Conservatives are now running scared of an election Government rejects Lib Dem-SNP election bid which is strange because you would think that an election sooner rather than later will give those slow on the uptake as to what Boris is really about much less time for the penny to drop and increase his chances of election. It’s sounds like the Lib Dems and SNP are trying to do him a favour here. Then again maybe he’s intent on repeating more of May’s failings and is counting his chickens and a later election coupled with Parliament closing for Xmas won’t allow proper scrutiny of May’s... err, I mean Boris’ deal and he thinks he already has the election in the bag.

SkyblueBazza

I see the Conservatives are now running scared of an election Government rejects Lib Dem-SNP election bid which is strange because you would think that an election sooner rather than later will give those slow on the uptake as to what Boris is really about much less time for the penny to drop and increase his chances of election. It’s sounds like the Lib Dems and SNP are trying to do him a favour here. Then again maybe he’s intent on repeating more of May’s failings and is counting his chickens and a later election coupled with Parliament closing for Xmas won’t allow proper scrutiny of May’s... err, I mean Boris’ deal and he thinks he already has the election in the bag.
Pathetic

SkyblueBazza

There is no side worth defending. Both sides are as bad as each other. Just like all parties are. The longer it goes on the harder it will be to resolve anything.

Mostly true, given the mess - though I still believe the referendum result must be upheld & acted upon

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's not the fault of those who voted leave for the mess that has ensued in parliament,

djr8369

Nope, you’ve changed what happened even though I explained it to you yesterday. Also, nobody is making excuses for anyone.

Why are you so desperate to defend Grendel? Why can’t you “see both sides” for once as you always claim you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Nope, you’ve changed what happened even though I explained it to you yesterday. Also, nobody is making excuses for anyone.

Why are you so desperate to defend Grendel? Why can’t you “see both sides” for once as you always claim you do?

Why wasn’t Junker fired for what he said?

Grendel

Fuck knows. What’s that got to do with any of this conversation?

Well I’d say a lot as I’m sure if our Prime Minister had said it you’d be over it like a rash.

djr8369

Well I’d say a lot as I’m sure if our Prime Minister had said it you’d be over it like a rash.

Johnson regularly fucks up and isn’t sacked (although he has obviously been sacked many times in the past).

Again, nothing to do with the original conversation and just another distraction.

As usual, absolutely nothing of substance, it’s just
“but labour”
“but Junker”

Grendel

And funnily enough you’ve never mentioned Johnson’s racist gaffes, I wonder why?

because like you I’m a racist? Who knows

djr8369

And funnily enough you’ve never mentioned Johnson’s racist gaffes, I wonder why?

Astute, where are you!?

Grendel has complained about Junker making a racist comment yet he has never once complained about Johnson doing the same. This must be unbearable for you considering how many racist gaffes Johnson has made!?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Jesus bloody Christ don't you sad people ever relent or just have a night off? You're like a bunch of old women who get together in their insecure world in which you can put the world to rights since you've been so scarred by a referendum which was so unfair. Now you take up the mantle against anyone pursuing to honour the result. If it wasn't Boris Johnson it would be someone else. Have a few days off and get a life.

djr8369

Jesus bloody Christ don't you sad people ever relent or just have a night off? You're like a bunch of old women who get together in their insecure world in which you can put the world to rights since you've been so scarred by a referendum which was so unfair. Now you take up the mantle against anyone pursuing to honour the result. If it wasn't Boris Johnson it would be someone else. Have a few days off and get a life.

This is an astounding lack of self awareness.

Sick Boy

Astute, where are you!?

Grendel has complained about Junker making a racist comment yet he has never once complained about Johnson doing the same. This must be unbearable for you considering how many racist gaffes Johnson has made!?

haha good luck with that!

Grendel

Speak for yourself, you’ve made several jokes on here about Italians being cowardly very much in the same ilk as Junker’s comments.

nope never ever have

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is an astounding lack of self awareness.
That didn't take long. Another embittered remoaner. Try getting out a bit. The sun was out today.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Speak for yourself, you’ve made several jokes on here about Italians being cowardly very much in the same ilk as Junker’s comments.
Heavens above, its, the pc Sunday night special. How lovely . You sound like a schoolchild.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That didn’t take long. Another embittered Brexit voter.
Oh now that's utterly brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread