The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (52 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djr8369

What do you think about the ITV poll today of 26,000 people where 54% think we should honour the referendum and leave

I don’t think anything of it, I wasn’t aware of it. Doesn’t sound particularly interesting, quite a lot of people think we should honour the result don’t they? What’s your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I don’t think anything of it, I wasn’t aware of it. Doesn’t sound particularly interesting, quite a lot of people think we should honour the result don’t they? What’s your point?

Well you e just said public opinion has changed - “the tide has turned” - what did you mean?

Sick Boy

I would guess that given Swinsons U Turning every 5 minutes now she believes Johnson will get his deal through parliament

what’s your opinion of the one that is emerging? As you’ve previously called for the EEA as I compromise I presume you’d be for it?

djr8369

Well you e just said public opinion has changed - “the tide has turned” - what did you mean?

No I meant in terms of what voices are prevalent. During the campaign and after the leave narrative dominated dragging the governments position to its current conundrum of conflicting ideas that can’t be resolved. Over the last maybe 12 months remain voices have started to take over as reality has hit home.

When was the last time anyone tried to make a positive argument for Brexit? It’s all fallen by the wayside and we’re left with “but we voted for it”. Even Farage is quiet because what best serves him at the moment is scamming pensioners at Brexit party rallies.

shmmeee

Of course they will. As I have constantly said the majority of MP's don't want to leave. This is all parties. Thus us why I still don't think we will leave for ages.....if we do leave.

You think the ERG don’t want to leave?

shmmeee

This made me laugh.

It is people like yourself who says that it is the direction we will be going in. You are not a leaver.

No. It’s people like Patrick Minford the Brexiter pet economist. And people like the authors of Brittiania Unchained who are now in cabinet.

You do realise this is just a discussion thread on a football forum and the actual stuff happens in Westminster, right?

Astute

This thread is irrelevant. Leavers won the media war. I will say the tide has turned recently but it was already too late by then. Even the governments position was distorted by the leavers in the Tory party. If May had aimed for a compromise soft Brexit we’d be long gone by now.

Yes this thread is irrelevant. But it hasn't stopped some from hitting hard with their agenda even if it meant constantly twisting the truth at best and insulting others when caught out. Just like elsewhere. And it is all irrelevant. It won't change anything.

If it would have a chance of changing things I might have tried bullshitting my way through this thread like others have to get remain to happen.

Astute

No. It’s people like Patrick Minford the Brexiter pet economist. And people like the authors of Brittiania Unchained who are now in cabinet.

You do realise this is just a discussion thread on a football forum and the actual stuff happens in Westminster, right?
Are you saying that in parliament most noise is made on behalf of leave?

ccfc92

Another leftie luvvie comedian living in the London bubble.

That's definitely not me mate, I just find it funny that apparently all leaver voters are dressed like Oliver Twist with no shoes and would doff their hat to Rees-Mogg.

Just makes me chuckle, simple Neanderthal Leaver mind and all that probably.

djr8369

That's definitely not me mate, I just find it funny that apparently all leaver voters are dressed like Oliver Twist with no shoes and would doff their hat to Rees-Mogg.

Just makes me chuckle, simple Neanderthal Leaver mind and all that probably.

The point is in JRM absurd analogy that’s how he’s effectively paining the electorate.

djr8369

No he’s clearly not saying that. He’s saying how he described the vision for Brexit, which you (wrongly) attributed to him, is the vision as described by prominent leavers who are now in influential positions.

SkyBlueDom26

Hopefully the conservatives fuck the DUP off and make a pact with the brexit party in the next elections..... would win a large majority as the lib dems won't team with Labour

Cue Remoaner meltdown

Last edited:

Astute

No he’s clearly not saying that. He’s saying how he described the vision for Brexit, which you (wrongly) attributed to him, is the vision as described by prominent leavers who are now in influential positions.

Did he?

All the noise is supposed to be from leave. It isn't. So he kind of mentioned politically. Which is normal for this thread. Kind of say things that look like one thing but can be changed if challenged.

So where is all the noise for leave then?

Astute

Hopefully the conservatives fuck the DUP off and make a pact with the brexit party in the next elections..... would win a large majority as the lib dems won't team with Labour

Cue Remoaner meltdown
And then what?

The Tories would need a majority to push anything through. Easy?

Think again. They would need a majority that want to leave. And I don't think they would get it. The majority of politicians want to remain. And enough feel strongly enough to go against party policy. The Tories would need a large majority to have a chance of pushing anything through.

shmmeee

Have you got confused?

You said the people saying we’d fuck manufacturing etc were people like me who weren’t leavers. Nothing about “noise”. That was a different conversation thread.

SkyblueBazza

Such a funny complaint when you see the company right wing comedians like Clarkson keep.
Clarkson? As in Jeremy? Thought he was a TV presenter not a comedian? If he is what you think is a comedian you need to re-evaluate your sense of humour.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

djr8369

Did he?

All the noise is supposed to be from leave. It isn't. So he kind of mentioned politically. Which is normal for this thread. Kind of say things that look like one thing but can be changed if challenged.

So where is all the noise for leave then?

You seem to have conflated two separate points from two different people and misinterpreted them but I’ll try and answer you.

Where is all the noise for leave? - as I stated the noise for leave in the media seems to have abated somewhat as it met with reality yet the government is still in a knot of its own making as it now tries to tweak the deal and get the DUP onboard.

As somebody else stated - the noise, within the Tory party and government, is still there in the form of the prominent leavers who are still plotting the course.

shmmeee

Cue Remoaner meltdown

1) What election? No way anti-no dealers go for an election when it looks like a no deal party will return a majority.
2) Most seat projections but BXP on one seat, so they’ll be completely powerless in parliament. There is more chance of Caroline Lucas being kingmaker than Nigel Farage.

Grendel

You think he’s a serious car journalist?

When at the BBC he was the most influential figure in the media for automotive opinion by a country mile

SkyblueBazza

It doesn’t matter, that’s my point. You’d just say “so called experts” or “the world hasn’t ended like remainers predicted” or some other pitifully banal shite aimed to obfuscate the issue for people who are hard of thinking.

When it’s a bot on twitter, I get it. When it’s a shill journalist, I get it. When it’s a politician using division as a political weapon, I get it. But on this forum? Are you just fooling yourself in order to avoid facing an uncomfortable truth?

Mark Robins might well be considered an expert on football matters. He doesn't throw cherry-picked stats around to the fans to state categorically that Coventry will beat Ipswich. If he did - would you believe him?

That is all the 'experts' are doing. Carefully selecting data & stats to prove their point. The hardest bit for them is making their point look credible.

shmmeee

Mark Robins might well be considered an expert on football matters. He doesn't throw cherry-picked stats around to the fans to state categorically that Coventry will beat Ipswich. If he did - would you believe him?

That is all the 'experts' are doing. Carefully selecting data & stats to prove their point. The hardest bit for them is making their point look credible.

As a data scientist: that is not how it works. At all.

You want unbiased, go to the finance sites. Rich people don’t play pretend when it comes to their money. You’ll find then all saying the same.

djr8369

Not really. They’re not using stats. They’re making predictions based on models developed using information from the various tariff structures that have been mooted. Businesses are doing the same internally and coming to the same conclusions generally.

shmmeee

Doesn’t look good for Boris.

DUP now negotiating, but Tory rebels unlikely to back it:

I bet Theresa May is pissing herself right now.

Users who are viewing this thread