The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (58 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shmmeee

Why "May's deal"? Accept it for what it is, like the referendum result! Most MPs had issue with the backstop in that deal. If the backstop has changed, it isn't "May's deal" anymore is it. The main stumbling block has changed.
You just abhor the idea of giving Boris ANY credit for anything, possibly out of some spitefulness because the referendum didn't go the way you wanted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It’s literally Mays Deal with a theoretical brake on the backstop. It’s the same destructive Tory version of Brexit. I hope it passes so we can start to move forward TBH. Make the debate about the country again. Fair play to him right if he gets something past both parliaments. I still think he’s a shit PM and worry he’ll manage to get a majority off the back of it and fuck the country, mind.

SkyblueBazza

It’s literally Mays Deal with a theoretical brake on the backstop. It’s the same destructive Tory version of Brexit. I hope it passes so we can start to move forward TBH. Make the debate about the country again. Fair play to him right if he gets something past both parliaments. I still think he’s a shit PM and worry he’ll manage to get a majority off the back of it and fuck the country, mind.
Oh...you've seen it & analysed it whilst most media reports seem to be suggesting nobody really has any idea other than speculating. But you stick to what you're best at!

Astute

This idea that the EU are trying to fuck us and we just need more leverage.
This comment is nearly as bad as when you said May did an amazing job.

Why do you have to make up crap like this? Where have I said such a thing? Why can't we have a debate based on truth?

Let's get back on track. The EU wants what is best for the EU. They would not offer what they are willing to offer straight away. That is not how negotiations happen. And the negotiations haven't even started. So how do you work out that the EU is trying to fuck us over or make out that is what I am saying?

It is like saying that the so called backstop is the only way to sort this bullshit out. It has been designed to cause problems. There can be no clean break. Nobody wants it. You didn't want it. Those who back you up whatever you say didn't want it. Those with the total opposite opinion to you didn't want it. Hardly anyone in parliament wanted it. So how can you accuse me of blaming the EU for everything when you was a part of not wanting it?

If you look back far enough you will find out it was me saying I could eventually see it or something similar getting pushed through. And those who back you up whatever you say had the normal go at me for saying so.

This is the difference between yourself and I. You say what you want to happen. I say it how I see it. I need what you want to happen. But needing something to happen doesn't make bullshit the truth. Had a great day with my family yesterday. 25 degrees and ended up sitting outside my sister's pub until well after dark in shorts and vest top. The food here is amazing. The people here are great. The kids love life. It has been an amazing life experience for them. Even my dogs are having a great time. They have so much land to run around and a lake to jump in when they get too hot.

I don't want it to end. This is even though I have to spend 3/4 of the time away from them. But I can't bring myself to lie about the situation caused by Cameron buying votes. If we could start negotiations knowing what would happen if we couldn't come to an agreement is the way to go forward. Pushing forward a plan that won't go through parliament and that hardly anyone wants is not the way to go forward. But you seem to want to twist this into something else.

Astute

But if he was trying to get a deal through why didn't he vote for it the first time round when May presented it?
Boris was one of the rare ones who backed the so called May deal. He tried to get others behind the idea. But who needs the truth when it has been forgotten about?

Astute

Why people don’t just hold their hands up say, fair play, don’t like him, don’t like Brexit at all but i was wrong, I don’t know.
Certain people on here won't admit to the truth when it is clearly there in black and white. So why would they admit that they could be wrong this time?

Sick Boy

The truth is that the UK seems to have once again made a U turn/concession in order to get a deal agreed.

The whole mess could have been avoided long ago without the ridiculous red lines.

I don’t understand why some can’t stick to the truth and just admit that they got it majorly wrong by claiming the UK would get what it wanted in negotiations because it buys cars, cheese and wine.

Perhaps not, eh.

clint van damme

Until (& if) he gets it done you mean

Why is the word untruthful in NWs original post but not in your quote?
Either way, even if he gets a deal done he will still be all of the things NW said. He is a proven serial liar, (even by politicians standards he is hugely disshonest).

shmmeee

Oh...you've seen it & analysed it whilst most media reports seem to be suggesting nobody really has any idea other than speculating. But you stick to what you're best at!

I’ll keep making the best guess I can with the information available, yes.

NorthernWisdom

Why is the word untruthful in NWs original post but not in your quote?
Either way, even if he gets a deal done he will still be all of the things NW said. He is a proven serial liar, (even by politicians standards he is hugely disshonest).

Tbf i added that later.

He's doing exactly what said, displaying sleight of hand, showing no principles, and caring not for the consequences as long as he keeps power. There is nothing to congratulate him for as he has done nothing.

Hell, even Grendel and myself agreed he'd bring a version of May's deal back and try and bumble it across the line.

That would have at least attempted to unite. Instead he's ripped massive great divides and schisms across his party, parliament, and the country. The man is a disgrace, and is unfit for purpose.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Do they "seem to feel that way"? Or do they just disagree with him on the issue?

His brother has resigned from his cabinet and chosen to end his political career because he said he could no longer trade family loyalty for loyalty to the country and his sister went on the radio and said that she believes that he’s not acting in the best interests of the country and that he’s acting in the interests of the disaster capitalist who have financially backed his political campaigning and have fronted the pound and bet against the British economy banking on Boris delivering a no deal brexit.

If you can pull from that they trust him I’m all ears.

skybluetony176

Why "May's deal"? Accept it for what it is, like the referendum result! Most MPs had issue with the backstop in that deal. If the backstop has changed, it isn't "May's deal" anymore is it. The main stumbling block has changed.
You just abhor the idea of giving Boris ANY credit for anything, possibly out of some spitefulness because the referendum didn't go the way you wanted.

I give him credit. He’s got the people to behave like plebs and deliver something that is only going to benefit his elite network at their own cost and us plebs are going to be paying for it for decades. Still, Boris will get to ride of into the sunset like Cameron and Blair but Boris has done such a good job of brainwashing a hardcore of plebs that they could be living in a cardboard box due to the way they’ve been manipulated and instead of the sign in front of their box saying any spare change it will say we know what we voted for or out means out or we took back control or any of the other moronic tag lines that Boris used to mould the people into plebs. That’s a special talent Boris has.

djr8369

If you believe that...that is your choice

Yes, it is my choice to look at what’s going on, make and assessment and form opinion.

Just as it is your choice to observe this lying shower of shit, who have made tactical error after tactical error, have alienated dozens of their own MPs, who have made several members of the the most cynical and corrupt cabinet in decades threaten to walk and who have wasted over £100 m on a pretend advertising campaign telling people to prepare for something they’ve yet to define and almost certainly won’t happen on the date specified and come to the conclusion that they are “seriously clever people” and remain dumbfounded as to why people are hesitant to give them any credit.

That is your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

bc292271d23b93e37bfbef77d709c553.jpg

So the government believe we can expect a reduction in GDP on a par with the global financial crisis. When Brexit voters start losing jobs they’ll have the “blitz spirit” to get them through and presumably hope their mortgage companies accept payment in that format. Personally I’ll be demonstrating and blaming the government if I find myself in that situation .

hill83

bc292271d23b93e37bfbef77d709c553.jpg

So the government believe we can expect a reduction in GDP on a par with the global financial crisis. When Brexit voters start losing jobs they’ll have the “blitz spirit” to get them through and presumably hope their mortgage companies accept payment in that format. Personally I’ll be demonstrating and blaming the government if I find myself in that situation .

Just got to have faith mate.

USqP5gH.jpg
USqP5gH

Fixed

CCFCSteve

I give him credit. He’s got the people to behave like plebs and deliver something that is only going to benefit his elite network at their own cost and us plebs are going to be paying for it for decades. Still, Boris will get to ride of into the sunset like Cameron and Blair but Boris has done such a good job of brainwashing a hardcore of plebs that they could be living in a cardboard box due to the way they’ve been manipulated and instead of the sign in front of their box saying any spare change it will say we know what we voted for or out means out or we took back control or any of the other moronic tag lines that Boris used to mould the people into plebs. That’s a special talent Boris has.

Bit ranty Tony !

CCFCSteve

Power hungry oaf that he is, he'll do what he sees as best for himself, nit the country.

Tell you what, May had many faults, I can abhor much of what she stands for, but I remain convinced her actions were what she saw as right for the country.

Johnson? Not a chance!

The fact is the two are intertwined ie he can only retain power longer term if he delivers for the country (hence the thoughts that he wanted a deal all along) Principled in comparison with May, no, but everyone was still quite happy to slaughter her when she was trying to find a way forward.

People everywhere just continue to shift the goal posts to suit there own narrative (a kind of cognitive dissonance)

NorthernWisdom

The fact is the two are intertwined ie he can only retain power longer term if he delivers for the country (hence the thoughts that he wanted a deal all along) Principled in comparison with May, no, but everyone was still quite happy to slaughter her when she was trying to find a way forward.

People everywhere just continue to shift the goal posts to suit there own narrative (a kind of cognitive dissonance)
As you yourself have rightly pointed out, it's the likes of the ERG... (and I'll add Johnson!) who did for May.

Betrayed by elements of her own party. It's not shifting the goal posts to distrust all Johnson says and does, it should be the default position!

Astute

As you yourself have rightly pointed out, it's the likes of the ERG... (and I'll add Johnson!) who did for May.

Betrayed by elements of her own party. It's not shifting the goal posts to distrust all Johnson says and does, it should be the default position!
Whoever tries to sort this mess out will be seen in a bad way by millions whatever they do. So I am happy for someone like Boris to take on the role and get all the shit thrown at him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Got absolutely nothing new to put in this thread, just trying to get people to get my mind of that other crapfest.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So the government believe we can expect a reduction in GDP on a par with the global financial crisis. When Brexit voters start losing jobs they’ll have the “blitz spirit” to get them through and presumably hope their mortgage companies accept payment in that format. Personally I’ll be demonstrating and blaming the government if I find myself in that situation
What a fantastic post. I've given you a like because I haven't laughed so much for ages.

clint van damme

I saw it, she wasn’t laughing ! Feel free to check, she’s got a bit of a weird resting face

Smirking then though marr asked why was she laughing and she didn't respond.
Given what a gobby cow she is if she hadn't been she'd have soon responded.

Users who are viewing this thread