The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (9 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

They are trying to have an EU wide minimum wage based on a percentage of average wage. As countries have different wage levels, it can only be done as a percentage. In Germany it is 9,19€ at present and 9,35€ from 01. January.

What is it in italy?

Astute

And?

I just don't get all this bullshit.

Is Boris supposed to come back and offer what May kept trying to push through but kept failing as hardly anyone wanted it or was happy with it?

Or is he supposed to make us leave without a deal?

Or does he have to try and make them start negotiating finally?

Yes I know. Just scrap the whole thing..........

Sky Blue Pete

And?

Is Boris supposed to come back and offer what May kept trying to push through but kept failing as hardly anyone wanted it or was happy with it?

It's a negotiation and him and gove said they hold all the cards and it will be the easiest one in history!! How’s that going. We can’t just wish things so it’s just crazy

shmmeee

Yeah. You are OK on your teachers wage. But anyone on minimum wage should be thrown on the unemployed list?

Have you seen the state of high streets all across the country? Yeah lets just close them all.

You want to create jobs that aren’t economically viable and you want the state to subsidise outdated businesses?

Why?

Yes, retail is changing. We should pump money into town centres to help them repurpose. Not sure what this has to do with tax or wages though.

shmmeee

And?

Mays deal is the best possible one within the ERG/DUP red lines. There’s always been a deal if you can get those groups to drop the unicorn demands. But then you’d be here whining that it’s not “proper” Brexit.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah. You are OK on your teachers wage. But anyone on minimum wage should be thrown on the unemployed list?

Have you seen the state of high streets all across the country? Yeah lets just close them all.

I am OK on my wage, true. Many are not OK on the minimum wage. At the moment, the government makes up the difference.

What do you think is the answer?

skybluetony176

And?

Grow a sense of humour will you. You’re coming across as the Incredible Sulk. There is no “And?”, it’s just funny.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree with reward. I want everyone earning a decent wage. But like I said we need to keep inflation down. Otherwise the pay rise would be lost to inflation.

Chances are pay rises would be lost to inflation anyway - you increase income for anyone and someone will try and up the price of whatever they're selling to take it from you.It's my biggest issue with ideas like basic income.

You get the never-ending cycle of
"we've had to put prices up because wage costs have gone up"
"wages need to go up because prices have gone up"

To break that cycle (or at least minimise it's effect) one needs to be below the other.

9 times out of 10 that will be achieved though wage increases being below that of price increases (except quite often for those at the top who given themselves above inflation rises and thus distort the true figure for wage inflation and make the situation worse for those at the bottom).

What I'm saying is if in this instant you want to keep inflation down but enable people to have a wage they can afford to live from this time the burden would need to fall on the prices and businesses would have to reduce their profit margin. Had they accepted the burden on a more equal footing in the past the issue of having an affordable living wage would not be such an issue now.

Of course some will argue about smaller businesses being impacted to a greater extent as they can't take advantage of economies of scale etc and this on the whole is true. But according to capitalist thinking if they can't sustain their business like that then it should naturally die off. Also looking at it in a cold, macroeconomic environment being small businesses their number of employees will be smaller so their impact on the unemployment rate and economy will be less, but it would also provide opportunities for others who can either provide the same or similar product/service more cost-effectively or replace it with something newer or better.

For example when in accounting it was standard practice to take the previous years fee and increase by 5% - this happened at three different practices I worked for and seems likely was similar elsewhere looking at new clients previous accounts and talking to others. Wage costs made up a significant amount of the overall costs in producing the accounts, but never once did our wages increase by anywhere near that much at each pay grade. In fact in subsequent years it was often quicker (and therefore cheaper) to do the accounts because you'd got used to a clients idiosyncrasies in bookkeeping etc. yet the business always put the prices up even though it very rarely was costing them the equivalent. This increase was only ever forgone if the client looked like they may be changing accountants, which on average would probably be between three to five years, though some could be a decade or more. It was increased profit margin more than increased cost.

Astute

You want to create jobs that aren’t economically viable and you want the state to subsidise outdated businesses?

Why?

Yes, retail is changing. We should pump money into town centres to help them repurpose. Not sure what this has to do with tax or wages though.
Show me where I have said I want to create jobs not economically viable. You need to stop making things up.

Brighton Sky Blue

Show me where I have said I want to create jobs not economically viable. You need to stop making things up.

You don’t want wages to go up but you also say that people have to work extra hours and jobs to have enough. What’s the solution?

Astute

I am OK on my wage, true. Many are not OK on the minimum wage. At the moment, the government makes up the difference.

What do you think is the answer?
Certainly not close down companies that can't afford wage hikes like you suggested.

There isn't any simple solution. If it was that simple it would have been done by now. But we still need to protect jobs even if it means they don't pay any tax. Because if not working they become fully dependent on the state. And many are too proud to claim what is rightfully theirs.

Astute

Grow a sense of humour will you. You’re coming across as the Incredible Sulk. There is no “And?”, it’s just funny.
SoH?

I am not going to joke about this subject. Seems like it is more serious than you can comprehend.

Astute

You don’t want wages to go up but you also say that people have to work extra hours and jobs to have enough. What’s the solution?
Where did I say I don't want wages to go up?

What I said is they can't go up too quickly because of the chain of events that would follow that would send inflation up. Big difference there.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I haven't seen it, but the BBC would probably ask soft, easy questions, as opposed to Piers Morgan.
Just watched it,She’s deluded tied in knots on Gmb
She will only accept a vote result if they win.

Brighton Sky Blue

Certainly not close down companies that can't afford wage hikes like you suggested.

There isn't any simple solution. If it was that simple it would have been done by now. But we still need to protect jobs even if it means they don't pay any tax. Because if not working they become fully dependent on the state. And many are too proud to claim what is rightfully theirs.

Allow businesses to get massive tax breaks while the government meets the wage shortfall-got it

Sky Blue Pete

The epitomy of an arrogant tosser. I smell mysogeny You can listen to Johnson talk nonsense about everyone knows the plan and it’s looking good. Wow
I haven't seen it, but the BBC would probably ask soft, easy questions, as opposed to Piers Morgan.

SkyblueBazza

Mays deal is the best possible one within the ERG/DUP red lines. There’s always been a deal if you can get those groups to drop the unicorn demands. But then you’d be here whining that it’s not “proper” Brexit.
Are you suggesting Britain made no concessions in the original negotiations? I don't believe that for a minute, the same as I don't believe May's WA is the final word from the EU either.
Anyone can see that we are still (or have gone back to) the rhetoric & posturing side of things.
It will all end in smile, handshakes & pats on the back though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Yes of course they would do. It was more in reference to you highlighting that c**t Morgan as a decent interviewer.

When did I say he was a decent interviewer?

I just said he normally asks questions in a confrontational manner.

Doesn't mean he's any good or is right every time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

In what way? She was fine on bbc earlier
Anyone would be on the BBC.
15 minutes with piers and Susannah and she completely crumbled. Hilarious. She's utterly clueless.

Grendel

Again in what way?

She’s a laughing stock

She voted more for austerity than Michael gove in the coalition. She can’t answer anything about ignoring 17 million people and oh she will allow the Scots to have a referendum but honour their vote - I wonder why

She’s an odious grubby politician - the worst

Sky Blue Pete

Are you suggesting Britain made no concessions in the original negotiations? I don't believe that for a minute, the same as I don't believe May's WA is the final word from the EU either.
Anyone can see that we are still (or have gone back to) the rhetoric & posturing side of things.
It will all end in smile, handshakes & pats on the back though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Johnson better hope so cause he’s a complete fuckwit

Sky Blue Pete

She’s a laughing stock

She voted more for austerity than Michael gove in the coalition. She can’t answer anything about ignoring 17 million people and oh she will allow the Scots to have a referendum but honour their vote - I wonder why

She’s an odious grubby politician - the worst
And Johnson is a statesman yeah yeah

shmmeee

If you can’t afford to pay a living wage your job isn’t viable. Any job is viable at slave wages. I could run an arse wiping business at 2p a time if you let me pay my employees 1p an hour.

The cost of Human Resources is the cost of living a healthy, fulfilled life. Just like the cost of steel is made up of the cost of digging it out the ground and smelting it. If supplier prices go up, you adapt or go out of business.

If no one is willing to pay the wages, then there’s not an economic incentive to do that work.

You want jobs subsidised, either directly through the benefits system, or indirectly through the health care and other public services, if they aren’t economically viable. You said so yourself. You don’t want to pay a wage that allows for a healthy and fulfilling life.

Users who are viewing this thread