The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (54 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

I wonder if Boris will now finally take ownership of his legacy and actually seek a deal? The Cumming plan has failed, he needs a cunning plan. A plan as cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university. We’ll probably just end up with a slug balancing act.

djr8369

It’s obvious Boris spent yesterday thinking of one liners against Corbyn rather than how to fix this shitstorm

Indeed. Unfortunately one liners work well on social media and the tabloids compared to complex solutions to complex problems.

“Just get on with it!” FML.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I wonder if Boris will now finally take ownership of his legacy and actually seek a deal? The plan has failed, he needs a cunning plan. A plan as cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university. We’ll probably just end up with a slug balancing act.

He could offer to peg the pound to pork pies and then offer Varadkar his private stash in exchange for no backstop

Ian1779

It is completely different this time.. You and me both know it, he's fucked over Alot of Labour voters this time, tories generally won't go against their own, and a little hand shake with farage will see to it that they are finished

And you’re wondering why Labour are holding off at the moment. Get no-deal off the table and past 31st Oct and Farage will turn on Johnson and split Tory vote.

skybluetony176

He could offer to peg the pound to pork pies and then offer Varadkar his private stash in exchange for no backstop

When I was a kid we had to take a stash of pork pies over to Ireland every time we visited as my uncles had got a taste for them while working in England as builders and at that time they wasn’t sold in Ireland. Unlike Boris my pork pie anecdote is factually accurate.

Brighton Sky Blue

When I was a kid we had to take a stash of pork pies over to Ireland every time we visited as my uncles had got a taste for them while working in England as builders and at that time they wasn’t sold in Ireland. Unlike Boris my pork pie anecdote is factually accurate.

He looks like one. He tells them. He eats a lot of them.

Is he one?

Ian1779

How to get back the Lib votes though?

A harder proposition, but I think the Lib Dem’s have lost a bit of momentum with Swinson taking too long to ‘join’ the rebel alliance. Plus there is a very real prospect she will lose her seat.

Commitment to a PV may bring some back because of the domestic policy offer.

Evo1883

Who do you vote for?

Il be honest last time I spoilt my paper, I voted twice before that and voted Labour, this time there is more chance of me giving Rolf Harris a hand job whilst he sang tie me kangaroo down in his cell than there is of me voting for corbyn and this Labour... Very bitter person me, Alot like me too...

Evo1883

And you’re wondering why Labour are holding off at the moment. Get no-deal off the table and past 31st Oct and Farage will turn on Johnson and split Tory vote.
He wont because he will see it as the only chance to get the majority in parliament and they will have this bill revoted and scrapped, corbyn is in a bad situation now imo... irrespective of policy the country will revolt against Labour and the people who they believe have screwed them over

60% of Labour constituencies voted leave, like I said they won't all forgive what's been done.. I believe if you think about it, Alot of the hardcore Labour voters know this too surely.

All today has done is hand power to Europe and weakened our position for a good deal, if ever there was one to be had anyway .

And Wether you like it or not, this whole situation is also creating a more hardcore right, which won't ever be pretty

Last edited:

djr8369

I wonder if Boris will now finally take ownership of his legacy and actually seek a deal? The Cumming plan has failed, he needs a cunning plan. A plan as cunning as a fox who’s just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university. We’ll probably just end up with a slug balancing act.

This won’t be solved until somebody shows real leadership and unites the two sides. They need the balls to admit to the public Brexit isn’t easy or something we can bully and bluster our way through and that the only reasonable interpretation of the referendum is a soft Brexit.

Unfortunately the stances of May and Johnson and their indulgence of the ERG and Farage has made this job very difficult. Until it becomes about taking the most reasonably course of action for the country, rather than any individual party, we can’t progress.

Ian1779

If Labour were to campaign and increase the turnout (especially with under 25’s) then they have a chance of negating those Leavers that feel betrayed (but equally were unlikely to have voted Labour in the first place).

I will agree that the Northern leave constituencies are a far bigger challenge - they have to push their domestic agenda, that it can deliver more than an EU exit could. These are places where London-centric policy and austerity have been felt the hardest. This won’t be forgotten either, and the chance for a better future could be a seller IF executed properly.

Ian1779

This won’t be solved until somebody shows real leadership and unites the two sides. They need the balls to admit to the public Brexit isn’t easy or something we can bully and bluster our way through and that the only reasonable interpretation of the referendum is a soft Brexit.

Unfortunately the stances of May and Johnson and their indulgence of the ERG and Farage has made this job very difficult. Until it becomes about taking the most reasonably course of action for the country, rather than any individual party, we can’t progress.

This is how it should’ve been from Day 1. A cross-party exercise with a reasonable and smooth exit.

djr8369

If Labour were to campaign and increase the turnout (especially with under 25’s) then they have a chance of negating those Leavers that feel betrayed (but equally were unlikely to have voted Labour in the first place).

I will agree that the Northern leave constituencies are a far bigger challenge - they have to push their domestic agenda, that it can deliver more than an EU exit could. These are places where London-centric policy and austerity have been felt the hardest. This won’t be forgotten either, and the chance for a better future could be a seller IF executed properly.

Yeah, it’s a big challenge and not an easy message to sell in the Brexit narrative.

djr8369

All today has done is hand power to Europe and weakened our position for a good deal, if ever there was one to be had anyway .

You raise some valid points but I’ll disagree here. The U.K. red lines have left the EU very little room for manoeuvre. Even if they were terrified of no deal and wanted to do all they could for us I don’t think there’s much they could do. The situation we have created is irreconcilable.

Astute

Because it would have taken the UK out of the EU. It would have left the European Union.

But carry on posting opinion pieces by the extreme Brexiteers to back up your points.
Opinion pieces?

FFS. Why don't you like the truth? This is me saying it. It is anyone who is being truthful that understands what is going on saying it. To be in a customs union would leave us tied to the EU. True or false.

Yes out of the EU. But tied to the EU. We couldn't make our own trade deals. Freedom of movement would remain. EU law would still rule us. Payments to the EU would continue. The only change would be we would lose the small say we presently have. So why leave and join the customs union?

In fact why do I bother with you. The only person who agrees with you here is the one who said May did an amazing job. And you agreed with him. Yet neither of you can say what she even did that was good. Just more bile from those who always try to twist the truth

Last edited:

Astute

You’ve gone on for ages about how the EU would be desperate to do a free trade deal with the UK, the backstop was designed to keep an open border if this was not achieved.

The EU was also open to other technological solutions, but guess what? The UK didn’t hasn’t come up with any.

Yet more misinformation.

May’s deal would have meant an end to Freedom of Movement but there would have been a transition period.

Unless you’re now claiming that the deal included keeping Freedom of Movement?

Unfortunately apart from remaining,it was probably your best chance of being able to move to France with your family in the short to medium term.
Of course they don't have to offer us anything to get us to stay. All they have to do is sit back and watch us self implode. Who expected this sham that is going on because I certainly didn't.

And how are we supposed to have had a trade deal at the time the EU refuses to talk trade? But the truth doesn't matter to you.

Astute

I’ve just posted, the best is probably May’s deal meaning keeping FoM.

Unless you’re now opposed to any kind of deal, as this too would also include FoM.
So that meant she did an amazing job? She was just like BJ. She couldn't get a single thing through. She didn't offer a single thing that had a chance of getting through parliament.

Astute

You got it half right. Brexit won't be easy. There is no chance of us standing as one. But the problem is that it will be even harder to cancel it.

Astute

Most constituencies in England voted leave. Remain was mainly London and the south. Mainly Tory areas. The polls have all shown more willing to vote Tory since BJ took over and Corbyn went against everything. This doesn't look good for Labour. If it wasn't true Bliar wouldn't have been advising against going for a GE and Corbyn would have taken the chance.

Sick Boy

So that meant she did an amazing job? She was just like BJ. She couldn't get a single thing through. She didn't offer a single thing that had a chance of getting through parliament.

I didn’t even say she did an amazing job.

Unless liking a post is now a full endorsement, apart from when it comes to yourself, of course.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Opinion pieces?

FFS. Why don't you like the truth? This is me saying it. It is anyone who is being truthful that understands what is going on saying it. To be in a customs union would leave us tied to the EU. True or false.

Yes out of the EU. But tied to the EU. We couldn't make our own trade deals. Freedom of movement would remain. EU law would still rule us. Payments to the EU would continue. The only change would be we would lose the small say we presently have. So why leave and join the customs union?

In fact why do I bother with you. The only person who agrees with you here is the one who said May did an amazing job. And you agreed with him. Yet neither of you can say what she even did that was good. Just more bile from those who always try to twist the truth

It was an opinion piece by an extreme Brexiteer.

How would Freedom of Movement have continued with the May deal?

It wouldn’t have done.

It would have continued for a limited time and would then have finished. The same would happen under any deal, even with Johnson.

Unless you’re now seemingly opposed to a transition period as part of any deal?

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Of course they don't have to offer us anything to get us to stay. All they have to do is sit back and watch us self implode. Who expected this sham that is going on because I certainly didn't.

And how are we supposed to have had a trade deal at the time the EU refuses to talk trade? But the truth doesn't matter to you.

This sham? It’s reflective of the complete lack of proper planning, understand and arrogance.

If it wasn’t for the issue with Northern Ireland it would have been a lot more simple to have had had trade talks at the same time.

At the moment, trade talks would have been a massive waste of time.

The UK is most likely going to deregulate and would have nothing in place or plans to avoid these products entering the Single Market (the RoI) where they would be banned.

Evo1883

Mind you I suppose remainers treat for acting in total distain for their fellow countrymen and women for 3 years will be they get to have a majority parliament made up of centre to far right politicians for the next few years.... Enjoy

You've worked hard for it

Astute

I didn’t even say she did an amazing job.

Unless liking a post is now a full endorsement, apart from when it comes to yourself, of course.
So if I liked a post which included saying that BJ is doing an amazing job what would you say?

And if you know that May didn't do an amazing job why didn't you comment about it?

Astute

It was an opinion piece by an extreme Brexiteer.

How would Freedom of Movement have continued with the May deal?

It wouldn’t have done.

It would have continued for a limited time and would then have finished. The same would happen under any deal, even with Johnson.

Unless you’re now seemingly opposed to a transition period as part of any deal?
As I keep saying and as you really know to be the truth everything would continue as it is now until the EU says we could leave. So as the EU doesn't want us to leave why would they say we can?

They would only say we could leave once a deal is sorted. So what would this deal consist of? Trade deal but everything more or kess as it is now to get one? And how much could we argue as we are not allowed to have any bargaining chips in the slightest. Yesterday looks to have made sure of that.

Good news to yourself and I. But for the future of the UK?

skybluetony176

Just had a thought. Us remoamers can no longer claim that the leave campaign was all bullshit. We have took back control and Parliaments sovereignty has been protected. Just like they promised. I mean it was against their will but fairs fair, it’s no longer all bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread