The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (32 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Sky Blue

And when did the 2nd Ref crew start calling for that? How successful were they?

The fact you keep ignoring is that Labour has the most complex voting demographic in the country. It was always going to be much harder for them to keep their voters happy. The strategy of trying to be in control of the narrative was the right one.

Well aware of Labour's problem in that regard, and for what it's worth I do think the 2nd ref shouts came too early. I think it was fair to allow the government to try and negotiate and make the process work-once it became obvious that wasn't going to happen then the right thing to do was bring it back to the people. Labour would have been weakened, not strengthened by another election

Grendel

Well aware of Labour's problem in that regard, and for what it's worth I do think the 2nd ref shouts came too early. I think it was fair to allow the government to try and negotiate and make the process work-once it became obvious that wasn't going to happen then the right thing to do was bring it back to the people. Labour would have been weakened, not strengthened by another election

Corbyn rejected a fudged Eu deal which pretty much kept us in anyway in all but name. It never would have voted for any deal that may came up with.

All Corbyn wanted was his grubby paws on the keys to number 10

Grendel

I have. Can’t see me ever voting Tory again, which has always been my default position. Said originally that I’d keep voting Tory in the council elections but they’ve blown that today as well.

Staying with UKIP now Tony?

Brighton Sky Blue

Corbyn rejected a fudged Eu deal which pretty much kept us in anyway in all but name. It never would have voted for any deal that may came up with.

All Corbyn wanted was his grubby paws on the keys to number 10

Assuming that's true he has a lot in common with your fat blond hero

Ian1779

Then there was no way for it ever to go back to people. The Tories would never have allowed it, in fact the only way we’re talking about it being a possibility is because of Labour’s intervention.

Terry Gibson's perm

Yet when Tories get figures wrong by billions it gets ignored and these people aren't considered a joke.

Even Johnson's kipper gaffe didn't really get picked up on.

I’m not saying they are any better either politics is in a shocking state all you need to do is look at the previous pm and the buffoon that is now running the show

Grendel

Greens most likely, at least for the meantime.

Did you read your link and see why you’re wrong like I invited you too.

Just been confirmed on Five Live Tony that Johnson can delay post October 31 Tony. It’s amazing you know more than Pinaar and Andrew Neil who also has said it. Shall I tweet Andrew and say there is a bloke called Skybluetony who knows more than him?

Ian1779

In what way?

Can't disagree about Corbyn though, he too has put personl ambiton over the long-term future of the country, IMO

Pursuing a GE was the riskiest of all strategies especially for Labour and Corbyn. Tories would have pitched it as ‘those against the will of the people’ - it’s hardly personal ambition.

The long term future of the country went to shit the day the referendum was announced.

Sick Boy

Pursuing a GE was the riskiest of all strategies especially for Labour and Corbyn. Tories would have pitched it as ‘those against the will of the people’ - it’s hardly personal ambition.

The long term future of the country went to shit the day the referendum was announced.
I think Cameron believed he wouldn't win a majority and that the referendum promise would have been scraped during negotiations with the Lib Dems. It was shocking that there was no viable long-term plan if the vote had been to leave. Saying that, I don't believe there is a viable long term plan now either.

djr8369

I think Cameron believed he wouldn't win a majority and that the referendum promise would have been scraped during negotiations with the Lib Dems. It was shocking that there was no viable long-term plan if the vote had been to leave. Saying that, I don't believe there is a viable long term plan now either.

If only somebody had thought ahead and it had been a two stage referendum - a vote on negotiating an exit deal and then a vote to go through with that or remain. This would have forced the no deal types to show their hands rather than pervert democracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Cameron got his majority because Labour were so bad at showing themselves as being any different to the Tories at that time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Cameron got his majority because Labour were so bad at showing themselves as being any different to the Tories at that time.

Hell yeah

Ed-Miliband-Pledge-Stone-EdStone.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

I read an article about him, it said he wanted to produce a manifesto not too dissimilar to Labour 2017 but was stopped/blocked/talked out of it by people like Leslie, Cooper, Burnham and others.

It doesn't surprise me but if the story's true it's probably just as well he didn't get in. The Mail's stuff on his dad was disgusting

shmmeee

I read an article about him, it said he wanted to produce a manifesto not too dissimilar to Labour 2017 but was stopped/blocked/talked out of it by people like Leslie, Cooper, Burnham and others.

If you listen to his podcast it’s pretty clear he’s a proper lefty.

shmmeee

By attempting to bring Leave and Remain together? Labour’s intransigence (although frustrating because it would never be supported by the media) was the way it should have been done from Day 1.

Too right!

50:50 vote is a mandate for a classic British fudge that leaves no one happy.

People’s biases are never clearer than when they criticise Corbyns Brexit policy. He’s shit at a lot but got that spot on. Sadly the country wants a zero sum game.

Users who are viewing this thread