The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (33 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

Yet more nonsense, I’ve never said France wouldn’t be impacted by Brexit.

I’d accept any sort of deal?

Yet more lies and bullshit.

I’ve said that the EEA would be a fair compromise.
So what deal wouldn't you be happy with?

Bullshit? Try answering the questions from me that are a reply to the diatribe you come out with.

djr8369

As I have said ad-nausea there will be winners & losers. The winners are the ones that seek out opportunities & take advantage of the circumstance. That has always been the case. Brexit will simply concentrate the process.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

But you’re concentrating a process that normally evolves over years and decades to happen over night. A step change of that magnitude is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astute

What’s the technology then? You’re wasted on here, I’m surprised you haven’t been headhunted to solve Brexit.
Ah so no number plate recognition? Trusted importers? Bonded warehouses? Spot checks with import licenses lost for discrepancies?

Oh no there is nothing that can be done.

Sick Boy

Bullshit? Try answering the questions from me that are a reply to the diatribe you come out with.

You’ve claimed I’d be happy with any deal, which is utter bullshit and I hold a position that I believe would go someway to restoring the division within the country.

djr8369

Why can't the backstop be changed? The technology is there.

The reason for it not being removed is we would be tied to the EU until they say we could leave. That is what it was designed for.

What technology? Why haven’t any of the Brexiters suggested it? If it’s here then implement it as and when, that ends the backstop and there’s no issue?

Astute

And on France. You tried to make out that it wouldn't be bad there. Then you called the links showing how bad it would be utter bullshit. You refused to say why the links were utter bullshit.

Yeah OK.

Astute

What technology? Why haven’t any of the Brexiters suggested it? If it’s here then implement it as and when, that ends the backstop and there’s no issue?

Could technology solve the Irish border problem?

Brussels draw plan for Irish border tech — but trashed Brexiteers' same idea

Brexit: Irish backstop alternative could work 'within three years' - CityAM

But of course you can listen to a pro EU expert who will say differently.

skybluetony176

Boris says that we’re leaving at the end of October no ifs and no buts. Your last link says it will take 3 years to set up. In other words there isn’t a technology solution unless you include delaying brexit for 3 years.

Grendel

Boris says that we’re leaving at the end of October no ifs and no buts. Your last link says it will take 3 years to set up. In other words there isn’t a technology solution unless you include delaying brexit for 3 years.

He’s also said the uk will not put any border checks in place so Varadker will be the one putting up the fence

I’d say there is now a very high probability we will leave on October 31

djr8369

So apply this to the other questions in my post. If it can be done the backstop isn’t an issue but it certainly can’t just be ditched as would take a few years and a lot of investment to implement.

djr8369

He’s also said the uk will not put any border checks in place so Varadker will be the one putting up the fence

Well yeah as an open border would cause serious issues with the single market.

Grendel

So apply this to the other questions in my post. If it can be done the backstop isn’t an issue but it certainly can’t just be ditched as would take a few years and a lot of investment to implement.

It will not be the UK erecting a border

Grendel

Well yeah as an open border would cause serious issues with the single market.

Indeed so the Eu will be the ones erecting a border

Grendel

You’d be happy with an open border between the EU and UK then? Preventing illegal immigration would be interesting.

Well that’s not happening is it? Anyway Varadkar will have to deal with it. Let’s see how cocky he is on November 1

skybluetony176

Boris choosing not to put up border checks UK side of the border isn’t dealing with the issue though is it. It’s still British business’ that are going to have to deal with the issue. All Boris has really said is that you’re on your own.

skybluetony176

Well that’s not happening is it? Anyway Varadkar will have to deal with it. Let’s see how cocky he is on November 1
So illegal immigrants will be able to cross the border into the UK from Ireland and we’ll have no mechanism for sending them back. How will Varadkar have to deal with that?

TTG

Okay I'm here now, cross it off my bucket list now. And note never to ever come to this thread again. Have fun with the next 1000 pages

Grendel

Brexiters: “We want control over our borders, except our only land border”

Does that also apply to the person you described as the best political leader in Britain - Nicola Sturgeon?

Sick Boy

Having no border is going to lead to illegal immigration, it’s inevitable. It’s also a UK problem that would need addressing as presumably the illegal migration would be those entering the UK.

Ian1779

Okay I'm here now, cross it off my bucket list now. And note never to ever come to this thread again. Have fun with the next 1000 pages

This is where it’s at... we can do another 1000 pages and Brexit will still have moved no further on.

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

Having no border is going to lead to illegal immigration, it’s inevitable. It’s also a UK problem that would need addressing as presumably the illegal migration would be those entering the UK.

Ireland will be instructed on day 1 to obey Brussels we can just sit and wait. A hard Brexit will be catastrophic for Eire

I imagine the oh so smug Mr Varadka is changing his underwear with increasing frequency as each day goes by

skybluetony176

Ireland will be instructed on day 1 to obey Brussels we can just sit and wait. A hard Brexit will be catastrophic for Eire

I imagine the oh so smug Mr Varadka is changing his underwear with increasing frequency as each day goes by

You’re detached from reality. I see nothing in your post that is going to give British dairy farmers based based in Northern Ireland any comfort for instance. How do you propose to help them for instance.

Grendel

You’re detached from reality. I see nothing in your post that is going to give British dairy farmers based based in Northern Ireland any comfort for instance. How do you propose to help them for instance.

So Brussels will not set a border up on November 1?

Sick Boy

Of course no deal would be terrible for Eire but how’s having no border going to stop uncontrolled illegal immigration into the UK? Unless arrivals from NI join an international passport queue, imagine how the DUP would react to that!

skybluetony176

So Brussels will not set a border up on November 1?

We started the process of setting the border up in June 2016. Not just the one either. 97 in total to be exact.

You also didn’t answer the question. How do you propose to help the British dairy farmers of Northern Ireland?

Grendel

We started the process of setting the border up in June 2016. Not just the one either. 97 in total to be exact.

You also didn’t answer the question. How do you propose to help the British dairy farmers of Northern Ireland?

With respect you are not answering the question are you

Users who are viewing this thread