The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (24 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyblueBazza

If the brexit Party are ever elected to government their one and only policy is hard brexit. What’s stopping them doing it once they’ve been elected and we’ve had their hard brexit other than economic sanity? Will VAT below 4% be in their manifesto? Yes or No?
YOU said hard Brexit was their one & only policy.
Then proceed to tell me I am rederring to VAT - muppet

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

So you agree that they are pursuing a course against the outcome of the referendum then?

It’s nothing to do with the referendum. Successive governments not enforcing the rules by choice to the latter predates the referendum. You could probably trace it back to the Major government, certainly the Blair government, the Brown government, the coalition and Cameron’s governments. Cameron was so disingenuous about it he even publicly set out to renegotiate the immigration rules to a tougher standard while not actually implementing the current rules to the latter.

Sky Blue Pete

Sad indictment of our country that 35% will vote for that numpty. I just want to know how we leave Europe. Farage can’t tell us and all the pro leave mps in the Tory party can’t run away fast enough

SkyblueBazza

You do understand that a majority is more than 50% of the people polled though? 29-34% is not a majority.
You clearly do not accept that as you continually spout about not honouring the result of a referendum where over 50% voted to leave. And before you say it (yawn) - you have to assume that those who failed to vote didn't much care otherwise they would have voted & had they voted you have no idea what the outcome would have been & neither have I

NorthernWisdom

Well remain in the EU is about as popular as a no-deal Brexit. The solution is a compromise in the middle which appears to be some kind of Brexit.
The problem with that is it gives us what we have now, with none of the influence and potentially at greater expense.

Let's have these cross-party talks end up with a duke-off to put to the people. Hard erect splurging Brexit vs as we are now.

Ashdown

They’re clever. Each of those has enough of a nugget of truth to hide behind. Labour are allied with the Muslim vote generally, Blair did state an aim to flood the vote with minorities. People have been arrested for discussing the trans debate. Facebook have shut down anti-EU pages.

What’s not mentioned is that not all Muslims are Islamists, Blair didn’t succeed and isn’t in power any more, no trans Twitter beef has gone further than a stern talking to, and those pages were taken down for racism not anti-EU sentiment.

But he can reel off five or six half truths that need nuance and research to debunk before you’ve managed to think. Then if you claim it’s all bollocks the half truths come out to prove you’re “hiding things”.

You’ve got to admire it on some Machiavellian level.
Blair is a first grade traitor to the UK, never nothing more than a self serving nation destroyer. Why do we have to keep having his repetitive crap broadcast every week. Vile man !

skybluetony176

According to every General Election result in history, it is.

The conservatives took almost 37% of the vote in the last GE and couldn’t form a majority government and had to enter into an agreement with the DUP to hold onto power. In 2010 the conservatives took just over 36% of the votes and had to enter into a coalition. Both larger percentages than the Brexit Party is polled to get even at the highest end. Not sure where you’re getting your info from but it seems floored. What the brexit Party is polling for the European elections would put them firmly in runner up territory at a GE.

skybluetony176

You clearly do not accept that as you continually spout about not honouring the result of a referendum where over 50% voted to leave. And before you say it (yawn) - you have to assume that a those who failed to vote didn't much care otherwise they would have voted & had they voted you have no idea what the outcome would have been & neither have I

50% didn’t vote to leave on a hard brexit. The brexit Party polling at 29-34% only confirms that. There’s no consensus for a hard brexit. In fact if you take the remain vote in the referendum and compared it to the only known measure of appetite for a hard brexit (ie the brexit Party polling for the Europeans) the only consensus you’re left with is remain. Again again maths clearly isn’t your strong point. Probably best you invest in a calculator before you accuse others of tying themselves up in knots.

Grendel

The conservatives took almost 37% of the vote in the last GE and couldn’t form a majority government and had to enter into an agreement with the DUP to hold onto power. In 2010 the conservatives took just over 36% of the votes and had to enter into a coalition. Both larger percentages than the Brexit Party is polled to get even at the highest end. Not sure where you’re getting your info from but it seems floored. What the brexit Party is polling for the European elections would put them firmly in runner up territory at a GE.

The conservatives had 42.4% of the vote in the last general election

NorthernWisdom

I got a Brexit Party leaflet through the door yesterday - a right pile of guff it was.

But they are the only people to have sent me a leaflet so far.

Out of interest, how did they know my name? Are they allowed to get that from the electoral register, even if I ask to go private on it?

skybluetony176

I got a Brexit Party leaflet through the door yesterday - a right pile of guff it was.

But they are the only people to have sent me a leaflet so far.

Out of interest, how did they know my name? Are they allowed to get that from the electoral register, even if I ask to go private on it?

Nigel has probably still got the Cambridge Analytica files ;)

martcov

You clearly do not accept that as you continually spout about not honouring the result of a referendum where over 50% voted to leave. And before you say it (yawn) - you have to assume that those who failed to vote didn't much care otherwise they would have voted & had they voted you have no idea what the outcome would have been & neither have I

Seeing as we are in the EU already, and they couldn’t be bothered to vote to change the status quo, you can assume that Brexit wasn’t more important than the status quo. Otherwise they would have voted to do so.

martcov

Blair is a first grade traitor to the UK, never nothing more than a self serving nation destroyer. Why do we have to keep having his repetitive crap broadcast every week. Vile man !

Farage is potentially selling our nation out. We will end up as subservient to the his mates in the USA. Far worse in the long term for the UK than a mistaken war.

Ian1779

Would rather vote for them instead of 'change uk' who are effectively delivering no change at all and can't accept a majority decision

Change UK are a joke - we are all agreed on that.
Even if Farage's party get the most seats at the EU elections it doesn't mean shit. He wants out of the EU at all costs.

Is there a message being sent here that the other UK parties have to learn from? - absolutely.

NorthernWisdom

Change UK are a joke - we are all agreed on that.
If we're talking about self-interested it's them. If they *really* cared they'd have either fought within their own parties, or hooked up with the Lib Dems, rather than taking votes away from them potentially, meaning none of them have any representation!

Stephen Dorrell is top candidate for them in the Midlands btw. Our candidates across the parties really spoil us!

martcov

Would rather vote for them instead of 'change uk' who are effectively delivering no change at all and can't accept a majority decision

They have screwed up totally. I wouldn’t vote for them either.

I’ve already voted by postal vote for the German liberals ( FDP ) anyway. You are not allowed to vote twice in the EU elections and I cannot vote in the UK because I have been out of the country for more than 15 years.

The FDP campaign for:

a stricter and coordinated migration policy for non EU citizens based on a transparent points system and a strengthening of the EU borders.

Strong and clear regulations for the Euro. Sanctions for those who break the rules. ( they don’t mention in their leaflets that they are opposed to a transfer system- I actually think that a transfer system is necessary)

More investment in education, research and innovation.

Not a left wing hippy thing, but they want to work within the EU to improve it. A far better idea than demagogues relying on fear and division. The SDP ( labour equivalent) here are campaigning on „Europe is the answer, not the problem“. Also a better idea than fudging it.

Users who are viewing this thread