The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (9 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashdown

Mart has spent countless hours, written numerous posts, argued with everyone..................in reality all he wants is another referendum in the hope it overturns the original result.........but if it didn't what then, another fucking 1000 pages of campaigning for REF 3.......He's worse than SISU with their legals !

Grendel

Mentioning polls and believing polls to be accurate are two very different things, as I’m sure you know.

I’d be amazed if the votes for farage did not exceed any other party in the election

Sick Boy

I’d be amazed if the votes for farage did not exceed any other party in the election

We will see, it will probably be the biggest turnouts for one either way though! It’ll be interesting to see the impact EU nationals being able to vote has.

dutchman

Mart has spent countless hours, written numerous posts, argued with everyone..................in reality all he wants is another referendum in the hope it overturns the original result.........

He may be getting one on the 23rd May and if the result isn't what he wants he will claim that all of the non-voters would have voted remain and all of those who voted Brexit have since changed their mind.

martcov

Mart has spent countless hours, written numerous posts, argued with everyone..................in reality all he wants is another referendum in the hope it overturns the original result.........but if it didn't what then, another fucking 1000 pages of campaigning for REF 3.......He's worse than SISU with their legals !

Asking for a final ratification is not some weird thing. It is perfectly acceptable to ask whether any deal is ok with the voters. If it is a worse deal than remain, it would be sensible to remain.

martcov

He may be getting one on the 23rd May and if the result isn't what he wants he will claim that all of the non-voters would have voted remain and all of those who voted Brexit have since changed their mind.

No he won’t. He will say that we should have a vote on the final deal. With remain as an option.

Grendel

Asking for a final ratification is not some weird thing. It is perfectly acceptable to ask whether any deal is ok with the voters. If it is a worse deal than remain, it would be sensible to remain.

Well the Eu elections and who voted for who will decide if this is a legitimate concern will it not?

Grendel

He is the only one with a clear identity.

Righties are always better at managing single issue and clarity. The lefties are going to cock this up by being principled, and battling one another.

It’s not really a right or left argument though is it. The truth is those who are passionate for Europe will surely vote in what essentially is a meaningless election to prove the country wants and demands a voice and a second referendum and ally themselves to the Lib Dem’s or the Green Party.

If they don’t then democracy has spoken and they cannot complain

NorthernWisdom

It’s not really a right or left argument though is it. The truth is those who are passionate for Europe will surely vote in what essentially is a meaningless election to prove the country wants and demands a voice and a second referendum and ally themselves to the Lib Dem’s or the Green Party.

The problem is, there are many who wouldn't want to ally themselves with their other policies.

Remain need the own Farage (and I can't believe I even had to write that!)

SkyblueBazza

The problem is, there are many who wouldn't want to ally themselves with their other policies.

That reads like preparing the excuses to ignore the signs in anticipation that remain support may not win through

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

The face of remain so far has been Blair, Umanna, Cable, Soubry and some random celebs. No wonder it is not taken seriously - it lacks a compelling voice that isn’t about self interest and keeping the gravy train going.

Grendel

It’s a very lame argument in a Eu election especially if the turn out is low

NorthernWisdom

It’s a very lame argument in a Eu election especially if the turn out is low
I dunno. The Lib Dems are almost fatally tarnished by going into coalition with the Tories, the Greens are faceless. If Labour committed to a confirmatory vote I'd be more inclined to see it that way, but there are some voters who'll vote Labour or Tory regardless of what their policies are!

I'm not convinced it shows that much... and that includes if Lib Dems or Greens end up getting an abnormally large share of the vote.

martcov

I dunno. The Lib Dems are almost fatally tarnished by going into coalition with the Tories, the Greens are faceless. If Labour committed to a confirmatory vote I'd be more inclined to see it that way, but there are some voters who'll vote Labour or Tory regardless of what their policies are!

I'm not convinced it shows that much... and that includes if Lib Dems or Greens end up getting an abnormally large share of the vote.

Yes, there doesn’t seem to be a United remain front. A fatal mistake. They are competing with each other instead of showing themselves as primarily all on the same page. They should have a single slogan for all remain parties. Labour is a joke. Pointless as an opposition to Brexit.

martcov

That is exactly the problem. We need a charismatic leader who can counteract Farage. Bring the other anti Brexit parties in line. Farage says he will don Khaki and it’s all over the News. I would say I’ve got my size 44 boots on and offer him out. That’s what’s needed. Controversial claims.

martcov

If she wasn't Britain would have already left by now, on March 29th to be precise.

The government advisors and business have spelled out the disaster no deal would bring. She has tried everything to get the leavers to back her deal. They won’t and the ERG won’t get a majority in favour of wrecking the country to suit their USA mates and hedge funds. So it’s stale mate, but leavers blame May and the EU. Cheap.

Brexit is a crock of shit and that is not May’s fault.

martcov

I was on the PV march. They were all so nice. No yobbishness no drunks, just people like scientists, quakers, doctors and nurses. They are not going to get up and say I’m donning khaki and grabbing a rifle. That would be stupid and corny. But unfortunately crap like that gets in the media. AfD do the same here. E.g. when they said border guards should shoot refugees. Massive scandal in Germany as it reminded people of the Nazis or communist border guards. All over the media and Frauke Petry was constantly on talk shows. The same MO as Farage and Trump. I am sure that Bannon has been advising the right wing parties. Farage is already an expert. The breaking point poster was an exact copy of a scene used by Goebbels to frighten people about eastern Jews pouring in. No remainer will stoop that low. Difficult to counteract Farage with boring facts which will just be ridiculed.

Astute

He is the only one with a clear identity.

Righties are always better at managing single issue and clarity. The lefties are going to cock this up by being principled, and battling one another.
Principled?

More like looking after their own interests whilst trying to push through what they want. They are trying to stop Brexit without it looking like they have stopped Brexit. They have stopped every deal going through as they want us to remain but a deal keeping things as they are isn't good enough.

Because of this they have taken their eye off the ball. I said months ago they are letting Farage have a stage again. We keep hearing about those who want to remain have been wronged. But what about those who voted leave? Now Brexit is looking dodgy they are going to want their voice heard. So now the MP's where the vast majority want to remain will have to speak out and say exactly what they mean and not try to fudge the matter to get what they want. But it could be too late.

Astute

So we are in agreement :)

There's plenty of people voicing their concerns. But most of them don't connect properly with the voting population. They end up just being a voice amongst many others. This means there is no direction. Yet on the other side of the fence you have the remain side who take the piss out of Farage for doing what the remain side should be doing. Putting their point across without any doubt. Making themself a target but taking all the grief. Offer the people what they want.

I will say what I said when it was announced that Farage is starting another movement/party. It will be like UKIP. It will have only one point to make. It will only have one use. Once the point is reached it will have no point and no use. But those who want to leave will vote for it. The vast majority of areas in England had the majority vote leave. If this happens again it will be difficult to remain. All that can stop it is a remain party starting up and very quickly. But how many have the bottle to do it?

Astute

The government advisors and business have spelled out the disaster no deal would bring. She has tried everything to get the leavers to back her deal. They won’t and the ERG won’t get a majority in favour of wrecking the country to suit their USA mates and hedge funds. So it’s stale mate, but leavers blame May and the EU. Cheap.

Brexit is a crock of shit and that is not May’s fault.
You don't get it do you.

The same people said what would happen if we voted leave. The opposite happened on most of their predictions. And they were wrong several times before. So why would the voting public believe them this time?

Grendel

I was on the PV march. They were all so nice. No yobbishness no drunks, just people like scientists, quakers, doctors and nurses. They are not going to get up and say I’m donning khaki and grabbing a rifle. That would be stupid and corny. But unfortunately crap like that gets in the media. AfD do the same here. E.g. when they said border guards should shoot refugees. Massive scandal in Germany as it reminded people of the Nazis or communist border guards. All over the media and Frauke Petry was constantly on talk shows. The same MO as Farage and Trump. I am sure that Bannon has been advising the right wing parties. Farage is already an expert. The breaking point poster was an exact copy of a scene used by Goebbels to frighten people about eastern Jews pouring in. No remainer will stoop that low. Difficult to counteract Farage with boring facts which will just be ridiculed.

I’m talking about getting their arses to the ballot box you paranoid lunatic

Users who are viewing this thread