The Enemy on soccer am (1 Viewer)

Tad

Jesus! People actually watch that crap?! It's so childish it makes live and kicking look made for adults!

Last edited:

Tad

About as soft as the fighting down the blaze :)

Like to see how long you last in one of those "soft" fights. :)

Just cause there on skates doesn't mean it doesn't hurt you know?

Nick

Administrator
Like to see how long you last in one of those "soft" fights. :)

Just cause there on skates doesn't mean it doesn't hurt you know?

Ha i am only messing ;)

Soccer am is not as good any more by any means, i watch it to catch up with the goals :)

Nick

Administrator
Yep the ratty looking one is brummy, only the normal looking lad is a cov fan i think. The one who looks like a young lesbian is a man u fan.

Tad

To be fair, it is you're! Not helping yourself there.

Starting to see why this childish show suits them ;)

Yep the ratty looking one is brummy, only the normal looking lad is a cov fan i think. The one who looks like a young lesbian is a man u fan.

Didn't know that. I've heard a few people in Cov say the lead singer has a bit of a ego on him...any idea if that's true?

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

Toms a class act, their new album is the dogs bollocks, Soccer am should be called Football am cause we are not fucking yanks! :claping hands:

WillieStanley

not as good as it was but its fun to watch with my daughter. Tom Clarke is a nob... And it wasn't fame that made him this way. All three of their albums are boil-in-the-bag indie by numbers, but their first was catchy. Soccer, I believe, derives from England.

Macca

Two surprises for me, first that anyone still watches soccer am and second the enemy are still around

the_ferret

In their brummie accents?

Remind me in what part of Birmingham they have Coventry accents?

He was born there but has spent his formative years in Cov, supports the football team and cares about the city. Doesn't seem like that is enough for some people. The other two are from Cov and Kenilworth. Proper Brummies eh.

I think they're OK, just makes me laugh how anyone well known from this City who supports the football club gets stick from the other fans - same with Keys and Gaunt.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I used to watch Soccer AM when it first came out years ago. It was a decent show, a good laugh (just couldn't stand Tim "I love me" Lovejoy). No longer have Sky, so haven't seen it for years, but caught a bit of it when at a mates house recently. Yep. It's crap.
As for the Enemy, I know Liam the drummer's dad. His name is Martin and used to work for a company called Optilan, who were based in Kenilworth at the time. I believe the family are from that area.

Tad

I used to watch Ministry of Mayhem on Saturday mornings when i was 24, though only for Holly Willoughby. :D

Hey, there's nothing wrong with some old fashioned 2D cartoons... or Holly :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Remind me in what part of Birmingham they have Coventry accents?

He was born there but has spent his formative years in Cov, supports the football team and cares about the city. Doesn't seem like that is enough for some people. The other two are from Cov and Kenilworth. Proper Brummies eh.

I think they're OK, just makes me laugh how anyone well known from this City who supports the football club gets stick from the other fans - same with Keys and Gaunt.

Because gaunt is a cock, i have nothing agains keys!

I only said 1 of them was actually a cov fan! All this "i am a massive cov fan i have supported them for 3 or 4 years" just seems a bit fake.

ajsccfc

There tend to be reasons with the Enemy, Keys and Gaunt beyond just 'semi-famous Cov fan'.

You don't hear people slagging off the Coronation Street serial killer, after all.

WestEndAgro

Nothing wrong with the Enemy, they are very good at what they do, I don't understand all the crap they get ? For me anything that puts Coventry on the map is good, by the way I'm off to see them at the Leamington Assembly on Thursday night and it WILL be Banging.

1nilandwe...

Wasn't their second album mostly slagging off Coventry? Anyway, that's besides the point as they're not very good.
I remember them being at Godiva Festival at the peak of their popularity. Art Brut were on before them. I was down the front really looking forward to Art Brut and the whole way through their (excellent) set a bunch of idiot kids were shouting for The Enemy and asking me, 'who the f*ck are these w***ers?'. I'm pretty sure a chant of 'who the f***ing hell are you?' went up at one stage.
God, I hate them.
They should have been consigned to the 'indie' scrapheap along with Milburn and Hard-Fi long ago.

WillieStanley

Wasn't their second album mostly slagging off Coventry? Anyway, that's besides the point as they're not very good.
I remember them being at Godiva Festival at the peak of their popularity. Art Brut were on before them. I was down the front really looking forward to Art Brut and the whole way through their (excellent) set a bunch of idiot kids were shouting for The Enemy and asking me, 'who the f*ck are these w***ers?'. I'm pretty sure a chant of 'who the f***ing hell are you?' went up at one stage.
God, I hate them.
They should have been consigned to the 'indie' scrapheap along with Milburn and Hard-Fi long ago.

Leamington Assembly? Sounds like they alreay have! Their first album had some decent enough lad pop songs but since then, they've just repeated themselves. I wouldn't have listened to them if they weren't from Cov, so why should I worship them because they are? They repeatedly use the fact they're from Cov to promote their "working class" background and its simply disrespectful!

Plus their statement that there are "no other good musicians in Coventry"

Oh and by the way, we were already on the map for music long before they heard their first Jam song.

Sick Boy

They repeatedly use the fact they're from Cov to promote their "working class" background and its simply disrespectful!

Plus their statement that there are "no other good musicians in Coventry"

Oh and by the way, we were already on the map for music long before they heard their first Jam song.

They are hardly working class, haha!!

I agree, they are dire....nothing more than a teenage pop band.

lordsummerisle

Amazes me how how people think that they have to be good merely because they are Cov fans.

If The Enemy didn't have any links to Cov at all would anybody rate them at all?

Doesn't stop people being a cock merely because they are Cov fans.

Users who are viewing this thread