The end of tonight will SHFWF (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

Seven different teams have the chance of overtaking us this evening but that doesn't mean we could drop down to 11th. The worst case scenario will see us dropping 4 places to 8th.

The best outcome could still leave us in 4th. To do that, Derby, Forest and Sheff U. will all have to get at least a point and Bournemouth vs Birmingham and Middlesboro vs QPR would both have to end in draws.

Whatever happens, I think we've got off to a great start this season and are beginning to look like the kind of Championship team that routinely outcompeted us at this stage of the season last year.

So perhaps this SHFWMR*

*MR = Might Rise (not Misspell Robins!).

Skyblueweeman

I mean to be fair, I aint getting excited just yet (although I want to). If we had lost the first 3, I'd be saying to the bedwetters on here, lets judge us after the first 10 games which will give us a better indication of where we're at.

Same with a decent start....we need to wait until we've played 10 games and then we'll have played some top teams as well and it'll give a good indication of where we're at.

I know that's a pretty obvious thing to say but I'd be telling people to calm down if we lost the first 3 and in fairness, the same should apply to a good start.

It does look good so far though.

COV

I'm just glad we've got 6 from 9 .

The table certainly won't have us sat there come may so I'm just taking every win as a step towards 50

This is the irrationality (and beauty) of being a football supporter.

I am fully aware that there are much stronger teams than us and we won't finish 4th, I'm fully aware that most teams have way more money to spend and we won't come 4th, and I know that our squad is so thin that we won't finish 4th.

But.... stranger things have happened... what if? 👊

TomRad85

This is the irrationality (and beauty) of being a football supporter.

I am fully aware that there are much stronger teams than us and we won't finish 4th, I'm fully aware that most teams have way more money to spend and we won't come 4th, and I know that our squad is so thin that we won't finish 4th.

But.... stranger things have happened... what if?
Good thing about just being in the Championship is you are one flukey, randomly good season away from the Prem. Its unlikely but not unheard of, plenty of shit teams have gone up out of nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

rhino1002

i think the plan by Mr Robins from League One was always 4 stages
Promotion
Survival
Consolidation
Progression

so far so good

But most sites like this lurch from a knee jerk reaction after each result whatever it may be
Lose and we're going to be relegated
Win and we will be in the champions league in 2-3 years
its sometimes laughable

let Mr Robins continue with his plan
we are going to lose some games we shouldn't and vice versa but lets keep our feet on the ground and enjoy the ride

COV

i think the plan by Mr Robins from League One was always 4 stages
Promotion
Survival
Consolidation
Progression

so far so good

But most sites like this lurch from a knee jerk reaction after each result whatever it may be
Lose and we're going to be relegated
Win and we will be in the champions league in 2-3 years
its sometimes laughable

let Mr Robins continue with his plan
we are going to lose some games we shouldn't and vice versa but lets keep our feet on the ground and enjoy the ride

Dead right

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Seven different teams have the chance of overtaking us this evening but that doesn't mean we could drop down to 11th. The worst case scenario will see us dropping 4 places to 8th.

The best outcome could still leave us in 4th. To do that, Derby, Forest and Sheff U. will all have to get at least a point and Bournemouth vs Birmingham and Middlesboro vs QPR would both have to end in draws.

Whatever happens, I think we've got off to a great start this season and are beginning to look like the kind of Championship team that routinely outcompeted us at this stage of the season last year.

So perhaps this SHFWMR*

Can I have a reminder on what SHFW stands for again

Bugsy

I thought it was shows how far we've fallen, hill83 made it up all honors go to him...PUSB

Johhny Blue

So perhaps this SHFWMR*

I don't mind dropping a place if Forest lose

robbiethemole

I mean to be fair, I aint getting excited just yet (although I want to). If we had lost the first 3, I'd be saying to the bedwetters on here, lets judge us after the first 10 games which will give us a better indication of where we're at.

Same with a decent start....we need to wait until we've played 10 games and then we'll have played some top teams as well and it'll give a good indication of where we're at.

I know that's a pretty obvious thing to say but I'd be telling people to calm down if we lost the first 3 and in fairness, the same should apply to a good start.

It does look good so far though.
don't think you should be posting on here.............................far too sensible and level-headed for your own good.

skybluegod

I'm just glad we've got 6 from 9 .

The table certainly won't have us sat there come may so I'm just taking every win as a step towards 50

Yep my thoughts exactly! 15 more wins to go! (Or any combination that gets another 44/45 points)

Bugsy

It wasn't just Hill, it was what all the facebook forum were saying about everything.

beaten by FGR - "shows how far we've fallen"
Only 5k at home - "shows how far we've fallen"

It just became a meme on here to take the piss.

My apologies mate, didn't realize it was to do with the Facebook forums as I don't go on there any more so only seen it through this site and hill was the 1st I saw that use the acronym..... PUSB

The Philosopher

Good thing about just being in the Championship is you are one flukey, randomly good season away from the Prem. Its unlikely but not unheard of, plenty of shit teams have gone up out of nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
And here, just here, is the SISU plan. £30/£40/£50m for going up balances their books.

in the meantime, Champ TV income etc. breaks even, at least, their costs and services their debt.

fatso

I've got nothing against Forest personally, but if they get turned over tonight their forum will go into total meltdown, and that has got to be good for a laugh!

I think it's called schadenfreude (gaining pleasure from someone else's misfortune)

capel & collindridge

When I last looked we have dropped just three places. QPR, West Brom and Blackburn have gone above us (by a point). We could have dropped below Hull, but if Derby retain their lead over them, we end up two points ahead of Derby and three ahead of Hull.

A point from top, and five points above the drop. That's good, even if it's after three relatively easy games.

Users who are viewing this thread