The emperors new clothes (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

When is someone going to have the balls and call out this bullshit.

Turner prize winner… one of the top awards in the Art world. Seriously??? I’m not seeing art myself but maybe it’s all above my intelligence…. Pffffff

Attachments

• IMG_7020.jpeg
    IMG_7020.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 47

wingy

I think it pertains to Brexit and the union with England wagging the metaphoric head, weighed down by all the existing laws, leaving her unable to clear the fence.

Covkid1968#

I think it pertains to Brexit and the union with England wagging the metaphoric head, weighed down by all the existing laws, leaving her unable to clear the fence.
In fairness I too had that initial thought. But now I’ve had more time to really appreciate it, I actually think it goes far deeper than that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The very fact it has generated a thread on a 2nd tier football club forum validates it as art.

Alejandro Jodorowsky Art GIF by Endless Poetry

shmmeee

I quite like it. It speaks to the drudgery of the public space and officialdom. Probably not the point but that’s what I get.

I wouldn’t hang it in my living room mind

Sbarcher

Only a matter of time before it appears in an episode of Dr Who

Terry_dactyl

Went to Tate Modern when it opened. Spent ages trying to avoid standing on one of the exhibits.

Turns out they were the Aircon vents for the building.
I’m not one to dismiss ‘modern’ art out of hand. I quite like traipsing around a gallery trying to figure out what’s going on. However, I went to Tate Modem a couple of years back and in one of the rooms, there was a blank canvass. The plaque next to it explained something like ‘the artist has left it blank so that the viewer could determine their own artistic impression when viewing the piece’
I mean come on now!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I’m not one to dismiss ‘modern’ art out of hand. I quite like traipsing around a gallery trying to figure out what’s going on. However, I went to Tate Modem a couple of years back and in one of the rooms, there was a blank canvass. The plaque next to it explained something like ‘the artist has left it blank so that the viewer could determine their own artistic impression when viewing the piece’
I mean come on now!

He could have gone one better and got paid for it like this genius...

Terry_dactyl

I mean, maybe it is art but why would people pay for this? (Sorry can’t read the article so this may be explained).

Not quite the same but many years ago when I had a very different job, I worked for a QANGO, The Shadow Strategic Rail Authority or the SSRA. They became the SRA.
As part of their rebranding, ‘Coming out of the Shadow’, they paid an advertising company 10s of £1000s to rebrand the logo etc. The readvertising consisted of them taking the ‘S’ away. Literally nothing else.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Users who are viewing this thread