The disgusting thing about these 'players'... (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

It is such a bogus argument to claim that fans would give more effort because they "love" football. Footballers love football! That is why they are where they are. Their love of the game inspired them to play whenever and wherever they could as kids, and that is what eventually led to careers as, yes, professional footballers. The average fan isn't a professional footballer precisely because they didn't love/work as hard/dedicate themselves to the game as the guys on the field.

With the notable exception of Paul Telfer. Funny, he never played like a man who didn't care for the game...um..

Colonel Mustard

With the notable exception of Paul Telfer. Funny, he never played like a man who didn't care for the game...um..

Telf was right up there with Dublin in terms of work-rate and commitment. The mistake Strachan made was continuing to play him on the right or as a wing-back; he thrived as a CM the few times he was played there.

Sick Boy

In that Staying Up (?) book I think there were claims from the players that around 25% of players actually have no interest in sport of football at all. Rather they played the game because they had an exceptional talent for it.

Nonleagueherewecome

In that Staying Up (?) book I think there were claims from the players that around 25% of players actually have no interest in sport of football at all. Rather they played the game because they had an exceptional talent for it.

They're more interested in golf!

CCFC123

There still a bunch of idle cheats...... sick of the excuses every week. There an embarrasment. What's the excuses this Tuesday going to be... dont tell me there fecking tired....

Cheats, cheats ....cheats....

CCFC = An easy way to earn a living.....

kdrinkell

I read that book and have learnt since that some things were untrue...Dion is a nice guy apparently and Darren Huckerby is as the book says

The Reverend Skyblue

There still a bunch of idle cheats...... sick of the excuses every week. There an embarrasment. What's the excuses this Tuesday going to be... dont tell me there fecking tired....

Cheats, cheats ....cheats....

CCFC = An easy way to earn a living.....

I'd add the words cowards to them as well. They have'nt the balls to get off there backsides and put in a decent shift. They hide in the match and no doubt hide when they should be training as well, and only put the minimum effort needed to get picked. They are all unfit cowards, and should be ashamed to to accept this months pay.
They are a absolute disgrace to the club ,and to the famous shirt they play in.

The late GREAT Ernie Machin will be turning in his grave,at the thought they play in the same colour shirt he did, the lot of them are a bloody DISGRACE

The Rev

SkyblueBazza

Passion made me comment on this thread, something our players are lacking. Salary?, ask the majority of the individuals on this forum, if you got paid what they do to play "football" how we do week in week out I sure as hell would not be in a bad place son. I can't help but think it's laziness, lack of committment and disgusting attitudes from players who think they don't need to perform to the best of their ability for this club.

Exactly - you (& I) feel sufficiently passionate about our current state, & therefore motivated to make comments on here dad (??? Is that really you? If not please don't patronise me). If the team were bringing in fabulous performances you may not have commented on here for months.
All I am saying is that something is having a very negative impact on the team's attitude (I have no idea what it is...previously I stated examples). Some of these players will stroll through this division when/if their attitude is changed for the better. Ultimately THEY choose their own attitude - which at present is destructive & negative in our eyes. WE are on the same side.

how about a fans forum with the players! maybe they can explain why they deserve to be paid what they do and why they deserve bonuses, cuz at the minute they are a joke.

dongonzalos

I was told about a team in league 2 level in the past.
A new manager came in and on day one told players to cut their hair. Shave off beards. Made then all wear black boots put them in suits. He tried to enforce discipline.
They hated him. A group of them intentionally ensured they lost their first six matches, badly.
The manager was sacked.
The fans dud not even come into their minds.
People who had paid good money to watch the matches and the dissapointment they caused.
Most players are a selfish breed.

SkyblueBazza

A new manager came in and on day one told players to cut their hair. Shave off beards. Made then all wear black boots put them in suits. He tried to enforce discipline.
They hated him. A group of them intentionally ensured they lost their first six matches, badly.
The manager was sacked.
People who had paid good money to watch the matches and the dissapointment they caused.

Yup! That's attitude for ya

Colonel Mustard

The manager was sacked.

Not that different to the Praetorian Guard slaying emperors for whom they had little time. What that story tells me is not that players are spoiled, but that successful management takes more nous than most appreciate.

Big_Ben

That's a good post Scottie, but I'd also consider this self belief element. Both individually and the team belief as a whole. Its just non existent. This is a scared team. You can see it in the way they drop their heads.

I've heard this comment a few times now, but who exactly are they afraid of?

skyblueman

Simple fact is they are not good enough.. potential means nothing.. if they haven't got the desire to win then they are sub-standard players

CTID

Whilst im as dissappointed as all of us are with the current performances some posts on this thread have made me laugh.

Just to put it into perspective. I work for a big company, i have a boss, i get paid decent money. My boss is pretty cool, i get on with him really well. His boss however was a pain in the ass, always on my case not giving me a moments peace.

Now, up until recently (last 6 months) I used to come into work, work hard and produce high quality work. Then there was a big re-schuffle at work and my bosses boss left. Since then i dont think i have done anything over and above what i need to do to get by. I have no motivation to be here or put any effort in, but i still turn up because i need the money of course.

Remember that i get on really well with my boss and in essense im mugging him off because i cant be bothered to work hard. (there are way more details of my lack of motivation which everyone is suffering at the moment but my point still stands). If my boss was a battle axe, constantly hammering me to get work done and pulling me up for this that and the other, then i would get it done! It would be done before it was due so that i didnt get a bollocking.

So in my eyes, the manager situation is key here. then lets add something else into the fold, imagine if i was sitting at work with a pile of work to do in my current un-motivated state and everyone around me stood around me and constantly boo'd me for my bad performance. Then i go home and read on the internet that everyone at my work has been putting things up saying how pants i am. How do you think that would effect my motivation levels?

A new manager, and fans attitudes need to change quickly if we want to see an improvement on the pitch. We all have a part to play so lets just pray that this week we appoint a manager the team respects and slightly fears. And that the idiots going to games and boo-ing players have a change of heart!

Users who are viewing this thread