The Difference a Change of Manager Can Make (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

Sunderland almost got a win at Newcastle today having played much of the second half with 10 men. Since Martin O'Neill took over from the inept Steve Bruce he has transformed Sunderland, don't think he has signed anyone but according to the stats given out on radio Sunderland players have upped their milage in a match by 4 miles, all very technical but in other words they are working fucking harder. It is said O'Neill doesn't attend training much during the week and I would think he isn't the sort of boss to get on the wrong side of.
The way we approach matches and the last 2 away games were Midland derbies you would think they were practice matches.

stupot07

The difference is Sunderland already had a lot of quality and were vastly under performing in relation to their squad quality, and MON is probably in the top 5 managers in the British football.

Not all managers can turn it around - Saunders, Cotterill (until the last 3 games), Boothroyd at Northampton, the guy at Plymouth....

cov_russell

Facebook User
I think Wolves fans would have something to say about the merits of changing the manager after today's performance.

Otis

Yes, but they put a novice in charge with no managerial experience.

Luckily we didn't do that did we.

I think we need to dismiss all thoughts of a change until the end of the season when a discussion will need to be had.

We need to focus on each game as it comes....would a new manager give us impetus? Are we prepared to take the risk?

If a change was going to be made, it should have been made earlier to give the new bloke a chance to bed in....however, you could argue it's done Notts Cunty no harm....

Astute

There is only two sentences where Cov and Sinderland go together.

We both play football.

They hate us.

SuperFred

that guy whos name beggining with S i'm not even gonna try and spell was sent off after around 60 mins

dongonzalos

If Martin Oneil was waiting in the wings to take over Cov I would say yes you are right. He isn't I think with SISU's running of the club. AT is the best option better the devil you know.

Users who are viewing this thread