The Davies sending off. (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Watching the game live (from pitch level might I add) I thought the challenge looked like it may be a red card so wasn't surprised when he was given his marching orders.

Having watched the highlights I still think it's a wreckless, pointless challenge that deserves red but I think that Andy Webster deserved credit for how he reacted. He doesn't make a meal of it and even appears to try to speak to the ref after the challenge and doesn't appear to be appealing for a red card. Too many players would roll around embarrassingly trying to influence the decision.

ccfcmad1

Thought exactly the same when watching the highlights Webster straight back on his feet far to many times we see players makeing a meal of it so good on him

Otis

Yep, straight red every day of the week. No idea why he protested about the decision.

RoboCCFC90

Well done Andy Webster he is like a Gentle Giant..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

It was a clear and straight red card. Dangerous and wreckless. The guy has always been dirty his whole career.

KersleyDigs

Davies is tweeting that it wasn't a red!! Two footed, both feet off the ground, didn't get the ball, took the player out!!! I think he needs to read the rules.....

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Definite red, even though I did think it was Christie who got took out. There was a group of players, and I didn't realise Webster was that mobile (to get up that quick!).

Typical scot; not one of these wussy type players who role around. And around. And around.

hutch1972

Davies is tweeting that it wasn't a red!! Two footed, both feet off the ground, didn't get the ball, took the player out!!! I think he needs to read the rules.....
Davies has been a thug and totally overrated during his whole career and is probably the worst ever player to gain an england cap ( and we have capped some shit)

Big Phil

Never a sending off in a month of sundays. He never even touched the Northants Elephants player. Should have been a yellow for your man for simulation.

Ashdown1

Davies has been a thug and totally overrated during his whole career and is probably the worst ever player to gain an england cap ( and we have capped some shit)

I met him in a pub back in London, we actually watched the England 5-1 win away in Germany together and he seemed a thoroughly decent chap to be fair.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Think that's a bit harsh. Him and Nolan for Bolton were a formidable strike force! I'm sure you wouldn't complain if he'd been in a Sky Bkue shirt!

Old school player. Just look at his goal. Knew where to be at the right place

WestEndAgro

I too have met Kevin Davies, and he is intelligent and a very mild mannered and quite shy individual, and certainly no thug.
He is however totaly fearless and as hard as they come on the pitch, its almost like two different people.
it was a stonewall red yesterday, but i believe it was late, rather than malicious.
Genuine nice guy

Never a sending off in a month of sundays. He never even touched the Northants Elephants player. Should have been a yellow for your man for simulation.

KNOB :jerkit:

Davies is a good player but a nob, the tackle was a straight red 10 times out of 10, no question.

Webster acted like a man, not like these weak cheats that have appeared in our game copying the continent.

Users who are viewing this thread