The Coventry Telegraph has let us down this season (1 Viewer)

@richh87

Why are they so weak and pathetic?

Surely they have a duty to the people of Coventry to interrogate SISU and try to find out what the hell they are playing at?

I've just read an article on their site where a reporter blames the players and Andy Thorn for our league position - but SISU don't get a mention.

Now, we all apportion differing amounts of blame to different parties - but to not even mention SISU? Ridiculous. They're just trying to stay in favour rather than doing their job.

SkyBlueScottie

Due to the fact that its the fan zone I suggest thos not a telegraph journo rather a a fan who has contributed an article.

Gray

well they have to stay in favor with the club or they'll be banned like Bournemouth owners banned there local newspaper.....do you want match reports and transfer stories (not that they happen much) or nothing?

@richh87

well they have to stay in favor with the club or they'll be banned like Bournemouth owners banned there local newspaper.....do you want match reports and transfer stories (not that they happen much) or nothing?

Nothing to stop them reporting on the matches. It's hardly like they get any brilliant 'scoops' from inside the club.

Anyway I go to the games and don't rely on them to know what's going on. This forum is more informative.

It seems to me that the very people who should be asking difficult questions are scared. Surely that's what journalism is all about?!

kg82

It's about selling the paper. Trash talking the club may get them a few extra sells at that point but it wouldn't last forever. Match reports probably get extra sales every week - maybe not much but enough for them to weigh up the pro's and con's.

Brighton Sky Blue

The Telegraph provides nothing you wouldn't find out on here to be honest. CWR is a bit more on the pulse and generally has more worthwhile opinions raised on it-it's still a long way off ideal though.

Astute

Has SISU bought the CET to keep them quiet?

Newspapers need every sale they can get at the moment and football still sells papers. I used to work on the Bournemouth and Southampton echos the clubs were always really good to work with because basically they needed the papers. As times have changed they no longer need a "special relationship" anymore. All clubs have their own web sites and as such control what information they put out. Southampton have a ban on the Echo in place mainly because they want to totally control the media output from the club. Papers run on very tight budgets and as far as tearing SISU a new one, well that would require at least two proper journalists, with experience of investigative work with a budget to match!

CCFC123

I dont read the telegarph anymore. It's not done it's job to provide a investigation into SISU nad it's activities and we all know deep down this should of been done as the people of Coventry want to know what is happened to the club and it's short and long term future. It's allowed this to happen without finding out what we want to know.

Over the last few years it's reporting has become weak, pointless headlines, something about nothing.

CWR as well are spineless and the 6pm Friday night show..... does anyone listen to it anymore since Adam Dent and Rob Gurney stopped?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

As a footballing journal of interest, surely it's now an irrelevance?

It's remit can no longer be its traditional role of 'breaker of news'; as the Internet, social forums and places such as this can spread news like wildfire compared to the printed word.

As such, to stay of interest, it needs to be stanced of opinion, controversial or investigative. It appears to be none.

By default, therefore, pointless

ajsccfc

They didn't blame them for the cold weather or the Costa Concordia either, I'm so mad right now.

ccfctommy

I thought they did a few anti-SISU pieces earlier on in the season, and they made a big deal over Benchgate.

Changeyourface

As a footballing journal of interest, surely it's now an irrelevance?

It's remit can no longer be its traditional role of 'breaker of news'; as the Internet, social forums and places such as this can spread news like wildfire compared to the printed word.

As such, to stay of interest, it needs to be stanced of opinion, controversial or investigative. It appears to be none.

By default, therefore, pointless

Yeah but it's still good to have something to read on the shitter.

dongonzalos

I have to admit they really should be grilling SISU and report everytime that they ask for and interview it is rejected. Also maintaining the answers they get when they do get an interview then do a 6 month follow up asking for explanations when the promises have not come through.

I do think it is because of their fear of getting banned. I guess it is a tricky one.

However I don't think SISU have bought them.
Otherwise the board would have lost 8 members by now.
The papers Editor would be doing that role and the sports.
Somebody else would own their premises
The Kenilworth News would be getting the revenue from any adverts posted in the CET.
Also the price would have gone up and finally the paper would be reduced from 40 pages to 15 but expected to be just as good!

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I have to admit they really should be grilling SISU and report everytime that they ask for and interview it is rejected. Also maintining the answers they get when they do get an interview then do a 6 month follow up asking for explanations when the promises have not come through.

I do think it is because of their fear of getting banned. I guess it is a tricky one.

However I don't think SISU have bought them.
Otherwise the board would have lost 8 members by now.
The papers Editor would be doing that role and the sports.
Somebody else would own their premises
The Kenilworth News would be getting the revenue from any adverts posted in the CET.
Also the price would have gone up and finally the paper would be reduced from 40 pages to 15 but expected to be just as good!

Oh and any decent journalists would be allowed to apply for jobs in Sunderland, Birmingham, Middlesbrough and Cardiff

Last edited:

georgehudson

so i would humbly ask the question,
why this protracted silence from sisu ?
further questions,
who owns OUR club ?
why no explanation of sisu's financial input ?

Tankie

Come to think of it.???
Are Sisu powerful enough to influence the press and other media.
Up until twelve months or so ago, "The Telegraph"Ran a very popular Football Forum,with many posters decrying Sisu on a regular and hard hitting basis, as I said before this was a hugely supported forum, but strangely one night it went off the air due to "Required maintainance"and never came back, the reasons given to me by Smithers the editor, were "sucurity reasons"
"Now"if Sisu were not above holding a gun to the head of the small shareholders prior to the takeover
is it not possible that they could lean on the "Telegraph"over a handful or so posters, who were embarrassing them, on a regular basis.
Anything in it? or Have I watched the "Godfather" too many times.
Regards Tankie..

ajsccfc

Unless SISU paid a handful of retards to spam the place to the point it wasn't worth the effort, we've just ramped up the paranoia to Jack Bauer.

The only thing on that forum that would have embarrassed anyone was the literacy.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Come to think of it.???
Are Sisu powerful enough to influence the press and other media.
Up until twelve months or so ago, "The Telegraph"Ran a very popular Football Forum,with many posters decrying Sisu on a regular and hard hitting basis, as I said before this was a hugely supported forum, but strangely one night it went off the air due to "Required maintainance"and never came back, the reasons given to me by Smithers the editor, were "sucurity reasons"
"Now"if Sisu were not above holding a gun to the head of the small shareholders prior to the takeover
is it not possible that they could lean on the "Telegraph"over a handful or so posters, who were embarrassing them, on a regular basis.
Anything in it? or Have I watched the "Godfather" too many times.
Regards Tankie..

I thought it was well understood that the CT had shut it down due to legal reasons? Hell, they don't mess around with deleting posts on the "comments" section of articles thesedays. To the point that I no longer even bother looking on there: anything it reports of value will be on here anyway. Now I just read the back page and look to see who they've given MOM to when I'm in the supermarket :)

hotrod

I thought it was well understood that the CT had shut it down due to legal reasons? Hell, they don't mess around with deleting posts on the "comments" section of articles thesedays. To the point that I no longer even bother looking on there: anything it reports of value will be on here anyway. Now I just read the back page and look to see who they've given MOM to when I'm in the supermarket :)

What Legal reasons ?

Regards.

skybluedan

the cet is no better than my sodden wank sock...............................

Why are they so weak and pathetic?

Surely they have a duty to the people of Coventry to interrogate SISU and try to find out what the hell they are playing at?

I've just read an article on their site where a reporter blames the players and Andy Thorn for our league position - but SISU don't get a mention.

Now, we all apportion differing amounts of blame to different parties - but to not even mention SISU? Ridiculous. They're just trying to stay in favour rather than doing their job.

OH FOR GODSAKE GIVE IT A REST:slap:

Users who are viewing this thread