The Coventry job is attractive. (1 Viewer)

theprince

A lot of speculation as to who we should go for and would certain out of work managers be interested or hang on for atleast a championship club (there will be a number of sackings in that league)
Well i think the Coventry job is very attractive, the ground, it's top flight history and even if very apathetic a decent fan base. The only way I hope is up and with it fan support. We are in an almost identicle position to 50 years ago when a certain Jimmy Hill came through our door. I will be told on here the game has moved on but one thing doesn't change a winning team creates local interest, puts bums on seats and in the Coventry City case the only way is up....I hope.

Astute

It depends how you work out how a managers role is better or worse at each club.

Wouldn't it have anything to do with who your boss is and how they run your club? We have SISU....

CUS Wyken

It depends how you work out how a managers role is better or worse at each club.

Wouldn't it have anything to do with who your boss is and how they run your club? We have SISU....

BUT will inherite (spelling) the best team in the league.

Covstu

Sisu aside it is a decent club to manage, there is a small core of loyal fans sadly smaller than most other clubs of compatible size. Nice ground, decent squad for the league, just need someone who can inspire and put some passion in to the lads.

skybluedaze

SISU aside, the squad is one of the best in League 1. A little bit of positivity is all is needed and promotion will be achieved.

Steve.B50

SISU do not care about the club, they have no idea at all, Probably bring in someone from a differernt sport on the cheap.

PVA

It never used to be. After the sackings of Coleman, AB, I don't think it was all that attractive. No money, poor squad, survival the aim. No one's CV gets improved by finishing 17th/18th/19th in the Championship.

But now, we are one of the top teams in the league, promotion is a very real possibility. Now that is a much more attractive proposition.

Mucca Mad Boys

It never used to be. After the sackings of Coleman, AB, I don't think it was all that attractive. No money, poor squad, survival the aim. No one's CV gets improved by finishing 17th/18th/19th in the Championship.

But now, we are one of the top teams in the league, promotion is a very real possibility. Now that is a much more attractive proposition.

That's probably why Tisdale rejected Swansea. I hope he'd come to us as he might feel we could get promoted to the prem and he'll be regarded even higher in the football world, we can dream.

sky blue john

The job to any self respecting manager with ability in the game, is about as attractive as an eastern european shot putter !!

Sky Blue Ian

I think SISU are trying to turn things round. Yes maybe because it's because they want to protetct whats left of their investment, but all owners would do the same. Fisher and Waggot are level headed sensible business men. Perhaps they are the public face of SISU but they have allowed some investment on the playing side, most free transfers or for small fees, but we have to accept that is where we are at as a club. They recognised and admitted straight after we were relegated that they had messed up in the previous pre-season. Regardless of what may or may not have happened with Thorn allegedly losing the support of certain senior players Fisher and Waggot have seen enough so far during pre season and the new season to realise that Thorn is not the man to turn things round. They've reacted quickly, and I suspect have someone in mind

In terms of the ground I was surprised they apparently turned down the offer of halving the rent (this would still be around 5 time more than any other League 1 club are paying), but again if you believe others the CT story is way off the mark, and the club are close to securing a deal if not for the stadium at least to enable them to reap some reward from in stadium sales

SISU are certainly not the saviours we all hoped they would be but they are trying to change and learn from their mistakes. At the moment I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt

Last edited:

skybluemark666

Why have the coventry fans discarded any thought of bringing in a manager like souness or Joe Jordan or harry redknap. But i would Joe Jordan given a chance or let Jamie redknap have a go

Ccfcisparks

Why have the coventry fans discarded any thought of bringing in a manager like souness or Joe Jordan or harry redknap. But i would Joe Jordan given a chance or let Jamie redknap have a go

Because there is no way on this planet that 'Arry Redknapp would be our manager

Astute

Because there is no way on this planet that 'Arry Redknapp would be our manager

Why not?

He has been there and got the teeshirt. What next as no top team needs a manager and Englands position went to the wrong person. What next for someone who loves being a manager?

Ccfcisparks

Why not?

He has been there and got the teeshirt. What next as no top team needs a manager and Englands position went to the wrong person. What next for someone who loves being a manager?

He will sit and bide his time in his plush well paying job on MOTD and then when a Managerial job becomes available in the PL then he will take it...

Sutty

Harry Redknapp is one of the greediest managers around, both in terms of wanting high wages and lots of players.

He's as much a fit to Coventry City as chocolate is to teapot makers.

Diehard Si

Well I'm buying Football Manager 2013, my 1st footy manager in years, just because the challenge to get City up from league 1 with a strong squad already assembled. The odd players here or there needed like a winger.

What more conclusive evidence could you need? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread