The Coventry City Hit List (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
So if the meetings are today, will we see any tweets from players who say "gutted" or "goodbye" once they are told they aren't wanted?

When will it be released who is staying and who is going do we think?

Grendel

There is already a thread on this.

Lambo58

Moussa as well. He's out of contract (i think) and in his interview at the awards ceremony he mentioned having happy memories from this season.

Ccfcisparks

Moussa as well. He's out of contract (i think) and in his interview at the awards ceremony he mentioned having happy memories from this season.

If he's out of contract then time must of flew by as I'm pretty sure he was given a 2 and a half year deal in Jan

ccfc_Tom

If sheff is going im surprised he wasn't given a last run out considering the years of service hes given to the club (even if he has been balls this season).

hill83

Although expected, in bit sure if any of this is depressing or not. There are several players I wouldn't mind leaving, but I fear it will be the few performers who will be leaving.

WillieStanley

Although expected, in bit sure if any of this is depressing or not. There are several players I wouldn't mind leaving, but I fear it will be the few performers who will be leaving.

The players leaving don't worry me, it's their potential replacements or lack of that scare the bejezus out of me!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Mucca Mad Boys

If sheff is going im surprised he wasn't given a last run out considering the years of service hes given to the club (even if he has been balls this season).

CCFC didn't owe him anything, it weren't like Hall who was a legend, to say McSheffrey was shit shit since he came back would be an understatement, I wish he never came back because he was one of my favourite players, but now, he's ruined himself, well, as a player, not on his pay check like!

Nonleagueherewecome

CCFC didn't owe him anything, it weren't like Hall who was a legend, to say McSheffrey was shit shit since he came back would be an understatement, I wish he never came back because he was one of my favourite players, but now, he's ruined himself, well, as a player, not on his pay check like!

Sheff did a hell of a lot more in his first two season's back than Hall did in his second spell. Legend? No. Nice bloke, sure, but he was a terrible footballer.

ajsccfc

I'm still annoyed Hall never got to come on. He'd have scored the goals to beat Watford that day, somehow.

SkyBlueRuffian

Yes but that was before we tried to turn him from a centre back into a full back.

Hall was a left-winger as a kid, I used to watch him in the Minor League. The main reason Hall broke through into our forst team back in the 90s was his left foot, as there was a left-back injury crisis at the time, the season before he couldnt even get in the reserve side.

LastGarrison

Hall was a left-winger as a kid, I used to watch him in the Minor League. The main reason Hall broke through into our forst team back in the 90s was his left foot, as there was a left-back injury crisis at the time, the season before he couldnt even get in the reserve side.

My mate played in the same side as him all through Cov boys. He was only an average player in that side supposedly but, in fairness to him, when the rest started getting on the piss etc. he showed the commitment to keep at it, didn't go to all the parties etc. and made it as a pro.

Bit like Evatt at Blackpool, wasn't nothing special at Cally but got his head down and gone on to forge a decent career.

Nonleagueherewecome

someone must have thought Hall could play football - didnt he once captain the England U21's?

He was a very good youngster but lost all his confidence, flair and a fair bit of pace after we signed Burrows and his first team opportunities were shut down. A case of a player who was much better before the age of 20 than afterwards. His goal for Eng U21's was a corker but it was pretty much the peak of his career. He was never signed for a fee, just three free transfers, which tells you a lot. Possibly the most one-footed player I've ever seen. Worked and tackled hard, but his distribution got worse and worse over the years.

Nonleagueherewecome

He was briefly a D/M LC in Football Manager ;)

georgehudson

about time for Joy Seppala to be at a fans forum, so that she can fully explain her actions,
though she might have to be doing that in the High Court ?

WillieStanley

Are people seriously arguing over whether Hall was a Legend?

He'll be remembered fondly, but a legend, he was not.

rswxite

Marcus hall was a year below me at stoke park and always played a year above his year so I played with him a few times, ironically I was left back in our team while Marcus played at either left wing or up front! Was very surprised to see him develop as a defender!

rupert_bear

Marcus Hall not that good ?? Well he had a near 12 year career mostly in the countrys highest league against the best players, probably financially secure and still a young man. His late dad, Erroll brought him up the right way and he is a top fella, good luck to him.

WillieStanley

Marcus Hall not that good ?? Well he had a near 12 year career mostly in the countrys highest league against the best players, probably financially secure and still a young man. His late dad, Erroll brought him up the right way and he is a top fella, good luck to him.

Totally agree with all of that. There are plenty of good players and top fellas and that is great. It doesn't really mean they are legends though. Had he reached the potential he showed when he was younger then maybe, but unfortunately, he didn't.

Fondly remembered.

Another much maligned player subject to the CCFC "Knockers Club" which often affected his confidence but to me he was a good servant to this club over many years.

A sweet left peg that delivered more than a useful quantity of crosses and bags of fitness to enable his forays up the wing and scuttles back down.

A good player, a nice guy and a credit to CCFC and the game in general - well played Marcus.

Users who are viewing this thread