The CovCityMad article (1 Viewer)

PWKH

I just wanted to come on here to set the record straight on a couple of issues. Some of you may have seen an article on http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk on the Ricoh Arena moving to charge CCFC weekly for rent of the stadium. I don’t know about “Turn of the Screw” but let me give a little clarification:
Arena Coventry Limited (of which I am a Board member, as the majority of those using this forum will already be aware) charges the football club for the operational costs of opening the Arena on match day. This is to cover things like electricity, heating, water and staffing. These costs are charged to the club before each home game. They are different and separate to the rental charges owed by Sisu as owners of CCFC to ACL. At this point in time the club has paid these costs up to date.

The office issue raised in the same article on CovCityMad also mentions that CCFC staff have moved out of shared offices. It suggests this is to do with a breakdown of communication. The real reason for the move is the construction work which is currently taking place to create more hotel rooms. All staff have moved out of those offices. CCFC decided to move some of their staff down to the training ground before this work started.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Thanks for clearing it up!

What about fans taking their things away in case of ballifs? Is that just because of the work?

what about the lockout? i dont think there will be many who blame acl and to be honest with the football on offer youll be doing some an favour :)

ashbyjan

Nick the removal of the items by the owners was due to the way they felt the club was treating them and a personal concern they had that if relations did deteriorate between ACL and the club then the items could get caught up in any confusion. These items are due to be exhibited in the planned CCFC museum the Trust, the historians, Joe Elliott are trying to establish. Hope that clears it up.

wingy

You hav'nt bothered to address the other issue of Action ACL may be taking in the near future, or not PKWH

PWKH

I try to put things straight when I can. It doesn't help if I join in the speculation. There is a lot that I too would like to know and as I don't, by any means, have the full picture, I would only add confusion on top of confusion.
Where I can, I will do as I have in the past, and try to clear up those bits that I know need clearing up and I am able to.
As I have said before, I am sorry if that adds to the frustration, but I hope that it helps a bit.

CJparker

How can the matchday costs be calculated before the game has taken place? Wouldn't it make more sense to charge these after?

It's not a big issue but from a practical point of view, I guess there must be some way of calculating this? But what if the crowd is much higher/lower than expected, that must affect the bill surely?

cloughie

Why???
they are hardly going to call in extra stewards bar staff etc when the game has started as thats when we know how many are there) or use more electricity if the crowd turns out to be 30,000

It will be based on anticipated crowd and staff needed

I try to put things straight when I can. It doesn't help if I join in the speculation. There is a lot that I too would like to know and as I don't, by any means, have the full picture, I would only add confusion on top of confusion.}

With the greatest of respect, and you a ACL board member????????????????:confused:

dongonzalos

I try to put things straight when I can. It doesn't help if I join in the speculation. There is a lot that I too would like to know and as I don't, by any means, have the full picture, I would only add confusion on top of confusion.}

With the greatest of respect, and you a ACL board member????????????????:confused:

welcome to the murky world of trying to do a deal with the devil.........

WillieStanley

PWHK again clarifying shoddy "Journalism" from Cov City Mad. I just don't trust that sight. Its all propaganda.

Sky Blue Ian

Its a dreadful site with its administrators pushing their own agenda. It would be a blessing to all of us if it were closed down

Ashdown

I'd be genuinely interested to know how we stood with refunds on ST's if CCFC really were locked out of the Ricoh Arena?? I've had the dubious pleasure to be able to attend 9/23 matches so far, although missed 2 down to other commitments. I've also paid additionally for all the other cup games, but that is irrelevant I suppose.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
your claim would be against CCFC Ashdown. It is the club that has sold the tickets not the Ricoh or ACL. ACL sell the use of the facilities via rent and service charges to CCFC.

To begin with the fixture would have to be rearranged so you would be able use the season ticket then. If the club then goes bust i think you would be an unsecured creditor of CCFC. Would then depend on how you paid for it because purchase by credit card may provide some protection. You could have the perverse situation of having to pay the 8 month finance scheme and then having to reclaim the value from the club ....... of course if the club goes bust that may be a quite futile reclaim

thats my take on it and understanding ..... i might be wrong

wingy

Well I wonder if we can tempt PWKH to comment on TFs assertion that ACL is in imminent danger of collapse and under subsequent administration of Yorkshire Bank .

I know he stated the position was confused but that kind of assertion leaves no room for confusion really ,does it??

Sky Blues

Well I wonder if we can tempt PWKH to comment on TFs assertion that ACL is in imminent danger of collapse and under subsequent administration of Yorkshire Bank .

I know he stated the position was confused but that kind of assertion leaves no room for confusion really ,does it??

Would it benefit TF and co to attempt to push ACL into administration by stringing this out and continuing to deny it the rent?

wingy

I think his disclosure today reveals the true side of himself,lowlife ,one piece of spin followed by another.

Tommorrow will come another revealing piece of spiel relating to his comments at the fans forum when OSB checks the company data to find just how much of their written off debt has actually been converted to equity .:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread