The Cov Telegraph Website (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

Am I the only one that thinks their website is f&cking awful? Every time I try to click on a link to see some CCFC related news, the screen either freezes or goes blank. I have to re-load it about 5 times before it a.) appears and b.) has scrolling functionality.

Anyone else getting that?

I guess it's to do with so much advertising on the page but it's of no use if no one can utilise the bloody site!

Simon G - Any way of speaking to your techie people and getting some feedback?

WM

fernandopartridge

Am I the only one that thinks their website is f&cking awful? Every time I try to click on a link to see some CCFC related news, the screen either freezes or goes blank. I have to re-load it about 5 times before it a.) appears and b.) has scrolling functionality.

I guess it's to do with so much advertising on the page but it's of no use if no one can utilise the bloody site!

WM

All the Mirror Group ones are the same. Choc full of advertising. Even once respected titles like the Manchester Evening News are running the '5 things you need to know about the price of fish' type features

afan4life

I agree its possibly the worst web site I visit......annoying videos, loads of cookie related adverts and news stories on games played 6 months ago

Skyblueweeman

Glad I'm not the only one then. I agree, it's probably the worst site around.

No pictures/videos of boobies either. Disgrace to the internet.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I thought it was just me! I hate the site. Rarely look at it now, which is a shame as it's my only way of keeping up with news from home.

Captain Dart

WM

Get adblock plus for your browser https://adblockplus.org/

Nick

Administrator
I would think the telegraph has a "template" as all of the other mirror sites and the mirror use the same layout etc.

The design is aimed at just getting revenue from advertising the way it takes priority over the actual content :(

I have noticed a lot of news not actually from Coventry creeping in. Like that story about the people having sex in the phonebox in Tamworth, whys it headline news in the Coventry Telegraph? It wants to get people to click on it to click the ads.

What has Emma Willis from Big Brothers new fashion range got to do with Coventry?

Captain Dart

Thanks CD but I don't have ads popping up which I assume that is what the above is for? If you run/install that for your browser will that negate ads imbedded into a web page and therefore make the Telegraph site usable?

Yes, works for me on the embedded stuff :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thanks CD but I don't have ads popping up which I assume that is what the above is for? If you run/install that for your browser will that negate ads imbedded into a web page and therefore make the Telegraph site usable?
I use it and telegraph site runs pretty smoothly for me.

wingy

You realize how shit It Is when you get someone post aink on here to another papers site 're a player we might think Is heading our way.
There no hurdles to cross, straight to the point

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy

WM

If you're having problems, let us know so we can fix them. The best person to email is the editor. [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread