The Cons of Loan Signings (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

The only concern i have with the loan signings is, if we keep basing our squad round short term and loan players, we will have no consistency in the coming seasons. Lets say we play a team with Mcgoldrick, Reckford, Moussa, Henderson, Brown. And they all leave or go back to their respective clubs. Our team will totally different next season and will require a common starter. That is what our teams have lacked at the start of this season, with the amount of changes being made. We will see a change of fortunes when we can play a consistent side week in week out that can work well together (And Keep Mcsheffrey and Bell out the team)

Macca

To be fair players stay for such a short time these days that they all seem like loan players. I see your point but I think at the moment a short term fix is the big issue

CovLis86

There's been notable success of teams that have got decent loans in. I for one am happy that we might look to follow that trend for a change.

Lord_Nampil

remember Moussa isnt a loan player! Hes on a short term contract which i am guessing if he does well will turn in to a longer contract!! I think also we concentration on the here and now not next season we needed a lift and the loan players would do that! To think so far this season we have seen 13 new players come in!!!

skybluegod

brown is awful so he won't play anyway he's had one decent match, mcgoldrick if we got promoted we could sign as forest don't want him, 2 new guys they wont come back but it adds quality for this season and moussa is a free agent so we could sign him up for longer if need be.

Ccfcisparks

I have a very worried feeling that Brown might start today! Robins said he had somebody at the game and was told the CB's had a howler, so he may mix it up. Willis and Brown?! Malaga and Brown?!

Otis

I'm much more interested in getting through this season first to be honest, rather than looking to next year.

We will cross that bridge when we come to it. If we did get promoted there would be some much needed money coming into the club.

ccfcway

if we are mid to lower league at the end of the season, we will look to get rid of players

if we win the league, otrher teams will look to buy our players

either way, they aint here for very long !

Black6Osprey

Its a new start for all the players so just because Brown, Macca, Hussey, Baker etc etc have looked poor most of the time doesn't mean they wont be in today. If they have looked good in training the team could literally be anything. Loan players are our only option at present so as long as they have the quality to push the first 11 and improve things then I don't have a problem.

speedie87

I used to agree with not having loan players was a better long term thing but not anymore. Fed up of teams bearing us with loan players.

I say forget long term and 3 year plans just but the best team we can out on that pitch each week, win and future will take care of itself.

Dan Griffin

Robins now has the opportunity Thorn didnt have, the opportunity oNeil had at Sunderland, chuck in alot of youths and maybe find a first teamer, look at McLean. I hope this happens for us, whether it's willis, Roberts or that other garner lad, I just hope he changes it up a bit and gets a good result off it.

TommyZoom

The con of signing (some) players on a long term contract is...

Well they can be shit, and then we're stuck with them because nobody else wants them, No names mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread