The Community Partnership Document (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I wonder if Higgs were offered anything similar by Wasps?

torchomatic

Dear Tim

Thanks, but nah, not interested. We're just going to sell it to the rugby lot. Just business and all that.

P

Grendel

torchomatic

Yeah he just should have said we're going to rename the stands P, W, K and H. Done deal.

Erm YEAH. They've bizarrely named a stand after Higgs and offered to replenish the Trust fund by 50p for each ticket sold. Which of course goes straight to the grass roots.

torchomatic

Simon, see if you can pull a few strings and just have the word "cunts" on the front of the CT tomorrow. What an impact it would have and you'd be trending on Twitter, guaranteed.

stupot07

I take it that is a no and if so
It was pointless spiel.

Like I said should have bid significantly more and agreed to match whatever community stuff Wasps offered

If it's pointless spiel then surely wasps promise of community/charity activity is pointless spiel?

Why can't you just accept that Higgs didn't want to sell to us? And it was already a done deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
If it's pointless spiel then surely wasps promise of community/charity activity is pointless spiel?

Why can't you just accept that Higgs didn't want to sell to us? And it was already a done deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Some people have been saying that from the start about it being 100% and a done deal and Higgs wouldn't sell to CCFC.

Nick

Administrator
It was pointless spiel.

Like I said should have bid significantly more and agreed to match whatever community stuff Wasps offered

Is all the promise and spiel that the council and wasps keep giving about benefiting ccfc and crfc legally binding?

letsallsingtogether

So if the bid was accepted. Would CCFC be legally obliged to deliver on all of that?
well it was unconditional so make of that as you please.
Can't trust sisu with a signed deal never mind anything else.

Grendel

It was pointless spiel.

Oh really. Surely ANY more helps the deprived children doesn't it?

As for your total bullshit statement about legal obligation where is the legal obligation for wasps to create jobs build an academy and regenerates land.

Are you still proud don?

stupot07

well it was unconditional so make of that as you please.
Can't trust sisu with a signed deal never mind anything else.

Perhaps it was unconditional because wasps were allowed access to all documents, etc. Any offers conditional, because even wasps would have had to do due diligence first.

Nick

Administrator

As for your total bullshit statement about legal obligation where is the legal obligation for wasps to create jobs build an academy and regenerates land.

Are you still proud don?

Doesn't seem too bothered or outraged about the charity losing money now, haven't heard deprived children for a while.

Hobo

Looks and sounds decent! They just weren't renaming a stand!

It does look and sound decent. Waggott has delivered some of these in South London!

So why, why, why, SISU, have you not been delivering this sort of stuff before? It really infuriates me, because you have had seven years to implement stuff like this. Instead you have stood on the spot hopping from foot to foot preaching mixed messages and not engaging the fans or the community of this city.

perhaps if you had delivered on this sort of stuff you would be the owners of the Ricoh?

As Alan Sugar might say, "you are always promising stuff, but never seem to deliver. SISU are you the real deal? You claim to be experts, in finance, real estate, investments? Are you deluded? You know what, YOU'RE FIRED!"

Rusty Trombone

Are you still proud don?

Have they bid any more, looks less to me, especially when you add a few 50p's in.

I'm surprised SISU didn't bid more, they must have known it would be rejected so why not bid £4m or £5m, then the rejection would look worse for Higgs, now it looks like they accepted the better offer.

dongonzalos

Are you still proud don?

Every penny more for the charity is better. That's why I said bid significantly more. Also match anything offered by wasps ( which would have covered the 50p in the ticket price going to the charity )

There was only one shot at this matching the wasps offer and writing a page about community projects was never going to cut ut

AndreasB

Does PKH realise it is the North stand? Be lucky to get 50 quid a game..unless it becomes Wasps Kop LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

I accept that because they said it.
We needed to force them to accept the bid which we didn't

Rusty Trombone

Perhaps it was unconditional because wasps were allowed access to all documents, etc. Any offers conditional, because even wasps would have had to do due diligence first.

I was at kpmg the other day, they said they did the due diligence work. They clammed up when I appeared interested, so if anyone knows anyone at B'ham kpmg maybe you could make some discreet enquiries.

Nick

Administrator
I accept that because they said it.
We needed to force them to accept the bid which we didn't

So you have acknowledged they didn't want to sell to us but then go on to discard higgs of any blame by saying it was then down to us?

dongonzalos

So you have acknowledged they didn't want to sell to us but then go on to discard higgs of any blame by saying it was then down to us?

They said who they wanted to sell to so it was down to us to change their mind.
By matching who they wanted to sell to was pointless.
They have loads of reasons to discount a SISU bid.
So we needed to offer more money, prove we have the funds and give them no choice.

Once that was done then we needed the people to take on wasps power to veto.
A children's charity getting significantly less money than what wasps were offering would be the main driver

SkyBlueCharlie

I wonder if Higgs were offered anything similar by Wasps?

If you take the care to read all of the articles properly then you would see that they were plus they will getting income from the ticket sales in the North (Higgs) stand. But hey-ho don't let a few facts get in the way of your myopic viewpoint.

J

Jack Griffin

This seems to be a document with fine words (some never before heard), but SISU are good at words, much less good at actions.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
My view is that it is fine words no real substance.

Looking a little more cynically you could say that it is put in that way because it is put to a charity and therefore looks good

Is there a need for such a partnership when the club already has SBITC

It ignores commercial realities at the Ricoh, replacing income with vague ideas of social doing good.

If it is such a good idea it will be interesting to see all those "pillars" included in the new stadium wont it

Sorry but it just seems like froth to me as it would if Wasps have put forward something similar.

Grendel

I have been saying for weeks its the angle SISU need to use.
So you couldn't be more wrong in your flippant comment.

It isn't at all though is it? Most on here now think that the council and Higgs are tossers.

RoboCCFC90

Having seen the document it all looks rather good I must admit, would there have been a guarantee to follow through on these words? Well that is a question that is asked of every deal, the fact is people are using that excuse and adding it together because they deem the Club to be untrustworthy.

While I will say I think that is rubbish, can I also point people in the direction of the Community award that the Club received recently?

It's all a play of words..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread