The community asset (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Especially if the landlord borrows the money from 350,000 citizens who have no say in providing your flat. Not bothered if you default then are they?

I thought that the democratically elected representatives of those citizens unanimously voted for it. That's what they're there to do, make decisions on behalf of the electorate. If you're unhappy with this then don't vote for them at the next election.

SkyBlueScottie

What do we, as a community get out of the Ricoh, a few full time jobs have been created, the majority will be P/T so what else do we get out of it?

GaryPendrysEyes

Yes Grendel all will be great if we sell Sisu the Ricoh.
Yes Grendel it's all ACLs fault Sisu signed off on that rental contract
Yes Grendel it's the fans fault if Sisu lose lots of revenue in Northants and sell players.

Feel better now?

skybluehugh

Especially if the landlord borrows the money from 350,000 citizens who have no say in providing your flat. Not bothered if you default then are they?

So it would effect 350.000 people if the payments aren't made. Thank you Grendel, you have just agreed with me. Back to my holiday, night, night.

Grendel

I thought that the democratically elected representatives of those citizens unanimously voted for it. That's what they're there to do, make decisions on behalf of the electorate. If you're unhappy with this then don't vote for them at the next election.

Don't understand your point, are you saying all the political parties had this loan in their manifesto's? Really? Wow James I am amazed, can you please provide a link to back up these claims?

Grendel

So it would effect 350.000 people if the payments aren't made. Thank you Grendel, you have just agreed with me. Back to my holiday, night, night.

Game set and match to me I think. In future don't make lies up that you cannot justify.

GaryPendrysEyes

Yes Grendel, you won, Sisu will run the Ricoh marvellously because they are a fantastic business and it will be of great benefit to Coventry.

There there.

Grendel

Had to pop back for this one G.

How do you come to this wonderful conclusion? Please enlighten

Your taxpayer reference irked me. It's not an argument. The taxpayer on a community level will see nothing if the Ricoh remains in public ownership and will not be disadvantaged tax wise if it is sold. Now you may argue on moral grounds that is acceptable. There is, however no commercial interest positive or negative.

James Smith

No I never said they had it in any manifesto, they don't have to they were reacting to a situation as it unfolded. You vote to elect someone to power who will represent you and make decisions about the area over which they were elected to serve. They then make decisions on your behalf (also known as governing, hence the term government) about how for example services and funds are allocated and proactively & reactively deal with incidents and situations as they occur. For example we sent warships to France to help repatriate members of the Armed Forces returning from Afghanistan after they became stuck thanks to the Volcanic ash cloud grounding air travel. Source: http://www.thehindu.com/news/uk-sends-warships-to-rescue-stranded-britons/article405202.ece That wasn't in any manifesto as no one could have predicted that situation occurring or the possible repercussions of it or the necessary responses.

Now you might not agree with the decisions of your elected representative and have good cause if they've reneged on manifesto pledges but they were elected by a majority of the people who voted. If you don't like this you can protest as is your right and I remember a few thousand students doing just that in Central London a few years ago and you also have the right to vote them out at the next election by voting for someone else. However they are the Government be it Local, National, or Transnational (e.g. EU) and they govern on your behalf.

Tank Top

That's the point - there is none. Was council tax proportionately less pre-Ricoh? No it wasn't. Giving it away will affect no Coventry taxpayer at all. It is a myth.

After years of demonstrating what a destructive, vindictive, disinterested, outfit SisU is, does anyone really Believe that ownership of the Ricoh,would make any difference to the quality of the team on the pitch, Hasn't SiSU's objective not sunk in yet. Search and destroy, is what they plainly are all about, and as for the CEO TIm Fisher..."The Cod Father" I really don't Know which end of him, the most SHITE comes out of.

Users who are viewing this thread