The Chris Porter deal .. (1 Viewer)

Otis

He's a bit tubby though isn't he? Reputation for being overweight.

Could be down to his fondness for pastels.

I'll get my coat.

Samo

Colourful character but a bit sketchy recently! ;)

Samo

See his true colours? See if he can LIGHT up the place? He might just SHADE it! :eek:

Samo

I reckon it could be paletable!

Samo

Mind you, he's no oil painting! :)

Samo

But he'd be a MODEL professional and DRAW his inspiration from the the crowd... Fuck I need to get out more!!! :(

sky blue john

Yes come on !!!
It amazes me that everyone on here is happy for us to get rid sell all the championship quality players we have and replace them with unproven or failed freebies.

Nonleagueherewecome

Not sure how much truth there is in this but really hate it when I see the "there rubbish" comments on this forum before they've even played a game for us.

But they are this time. Truly. I know we want a physical element, but these two are just big Neanderthal lumps rather than "footballers". The idea of Jones attempting to pass his way out of defence terrifies me..

Nonleagueherewecome

I see my Paynter / impression joke went down like a lead balloon. :facepalm:

I didn't get it...:confused:

EDIT: now I do. Christ, Otis, that's the worst "joke" yet!

Last edited:

aodea

neither of them would be star performers in this team however more squad members the better so i would be happy if either signed or Both. dont want to lose Wood mind. So if its a case of losing him to pay for there wages i aint sure that would be benificial.

skybluedaze

I think Billy Paynter would be a good signing. He did well the last time he was in League 1, it just hasn't worked out at Leeds. Keep Wood and sign Paynter? Not interested in Rob Jones. Paynter's wages can't be that much can they? :thinking about:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
On SSN Rob Jones has been released by Sheff Weds today

CovLis86

I don't rate rob Jones, but him on a freebie as wood goes sheff wed for a fee and we save on wages, be fine.
I like wood, but it's a lot of wage to be sat on bench every week.

woody11462

Rob Jones has gone to Doncaster.

Glad were not getting Jones. Always thought he looked like a slow and clumsy lump. Undecided bout Paynter, looks strong and may be a decent foil for Cody. May struggle to get back in the goals. Wish we could just once use some if the Keigh money and buy someone from lower leagues that is already in the goals.

ashbyjan

But isn't it a nice change to be discussing footy and slagging off people for false rumours about players rather than international finance, Escrows, debts liquidation etc. Obviously financially we are still well down in the brown sticky stuff and without a good start SISU could still pull the plug on the club but at least for a short while we can actually talk about footy.

Indeed. Despite a lack of transfer fees, SISU have been more proactive this close season than any of us could have truly expected. The fact we have brought several players in was, temporarily at least, a breath of fresh air. It will be even more so if we can start winning a few games, home and away, and generating some noise for the team we all support. I'm looking forward to Yeovil (although it is probably more the night out in a new town than the match itself, in all honesty).

mr_monkey101

Indeed. Despite a lack of transfer fees, SISU have been more proactive this close season than any of us could have truly expected. The fact we have brought several players in was, temporarily at least, a breath of fresh air. It will be even more so if we can start winning a few games, home and away, and generating some noise for the team we all support. I'm looking forward to Yeovil (although it is probably more the night out in a new town than the match itself, in all honesty).

you will be very disappointed with yeovil night life i'm afraid mate :(

skybluegod

Wow this source is really good can we all know his name so we can praise him for all of this fantastic information

Users who are viewing this thread