The Cheltenham 2020 thread (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’m going for fiddler on the roof in the first race today

SBAndy

Hope you’re backing it on SkyBet - refunded up to £10 if it loses.

Not as up to speed as I used to be with the horses so won’t be betting as much as usual. Really intrigued by some of the races today.

1.30 - Shishkin
2.10 - Notebook
4.10 - Benie Des Dieux

If I get a winner in the first two, may have a small sum on Darver Star in the 3.30.

Blind-Faith

Bloody love Cheltenham! Can’t wait for Thursday as I’m going.

my horses today:

abracadabra
Fakir doudairies
Kildisart
Supersundae
Benie des dieux
Espoure de guye

so there is a list of horses not to back for you all!

SBAndy

An interesting note is that Gordon Elliott’s stable seem horrendously out of form coming into this. See how Abacadabras goes in the first and may be worth using that as a marker for the week.

smileycov

Facebook User
Anyone have any decent tips or knowledge for the festival this year?
Whats to know, is a decent big price outsider be worth a couple of quid each way. In the first
Bealestown in the 4.50 be my other shout.

ccfc92

Hope you’re backing it on SkyBet - refunded up to £10 if it loses.

Not as up to speed as I used to be with the horses so won’t be betting as much as usual. Really intrigued by some of the races today.

1.30 - Shishkin
2.10 - Notebook
4.10 - Benie Des Dieux

If I get a winner in the first two, may have a small sum on Darver Star in the 3.30.

Does a £5 e/w bet count for that? Or does it have to be a £10 straight win?

Grendel

Regardless of my personal opinion on this bloodbath this event is the type you would cancel. A whole town flooded with people from the rest of the country and Ireland, pubs and other public places packed out its idiotic it was allowed to go ahead

ccfc92

Regardless of my personal opinion on this bloodbath this event is the type you would cancel. A whole town flooded with people from the rest of the country and Ireland, pubs and other public places packed out its idiotic it was allowed to go ahead

To be fair, what's more idiotic, is letting people out of Wuhan to spread the disease to the rest of the world.

300 odd cases in UK and Ireland, so low odds on them being at Cheltenham.

Grendel

To be fair, what's more idiotic, is letting people out of Wuhan to spread the disease to the rest of the world.

300 odd cases in UK and Ireland, so low odds on them being at Cheltenham.

I guess that’s what they said about people in Wuhan no one knows how many people are carrying the infection

SBAndy

Not done badly today, £40 up. Steered clear of Benie, odds were far too short for the low stakes I’m playing with this year. Didn’t bother with that race at all. Ended up having a £5e/w bet on Darver Star, not often I back e/w especially since they decreased the odds to 1/5, but was decent value in a pretty poor field.

Not had a look at tomorrow yet so will check in later/tomorrow morning.

SlowerThanPlatt

No value in backing Envoi Allen tomorrow so I’ve gone for The Big Breakway at 7s with cash back up to 5th

Also like Copperhead in the 2:10 @ 4/1

SBAndy

I would imagine Envoi Allen wins the opener but, as stated above, the price is far too short to be bothering with for a novice. Likely to have money on The Big Breakaway with that money-back offer on the table.

Minella Indo has festival form which is always a plus so takes my bet for the RSA.

Defi De Seuil again with festival form having won round the track twice before, but wary of the short price as well as the competition in the form of Chacun Pour Soi. Not a race I’d want to be betting big on.

Tiger Roll again likely to take the Cross Country, but Easysland will put pressure on.

Single Bets:
1.30 - The Big Breakaway
2.10 - Minella Indo
4.10 - Easysland

Multiples
1.30 - Envoi Allen
3.30 - Defi Du Seuil
4.10 - Tiger Roll

I’ve backed those final 3 in a four-fold with Paisley Park tomorrow but may cover the doubles on today’s racing as well.

Blind-Faith

My 6 horses for today:

Envoi Allen
Copperhead
Burrows edge
Defi du seuil
Tiger roll
Palladium

Here’s hoping for a few winners and no 2nds for me like yesterday

SBAndy

Chacun Pour Soi now a non runner. See how the first 2 get on and may go big on a Defi & Tiger Roll double.

SlowerThanPlatt

1:30 money back: Itchy Feet
4:10: Simply The Betts

And then 2 EW

Skandiberg 2:10
Plan Of Attack 5:30

Last edited:

SBAndy

Not a great day yesterday from a betting perspective but some cracking races. Braced for more of the same again today.

Quite fancy Faugheen in the first but feel it may be sentimental rather than rational. Gone for the mare Annie Mc on the money back offer with SkyBet. Mares seem to be having a good run this year and 16/1 is a decent price.

Ryanair Chase will be a cracker and I’ve gone for A Plus Tard, though Min has very strong claims.

Expect the Stayers Hurdle will be another Paisley Park win, but Apples Jade is a cracking price for an e/w bet and is still around prime age for the distance.

The 4.50 sees Minella Melody fancied but Concertista has a weight advantage and is proven around the track. May, however, decide to steer clear of this race.

SkyBlueDom26

giphy.gif

Blind-Faith

Fucking wank today. Not even a place. I’m struggling to pick my nose this week let alone a horse. Pissed off is an understatement. Not even bothered about tomorrow now , gold cup can go fuck itself.

SlowerThanPlatt

1:30 money back: Itchy Feet
4:10: Simply The Betts

And then 2 EW

Skandiberg 2:10
Plan Of Attack 5:30

Winner on Simply The Betts and Plan Of Attack finishes 4th.

Got to feel for Olly Murphy who had some genuine chances this week with Brewinupastorm and Itchy Feet who both fell

SlowerThanPlatt

1:30 Allmankind. Loads of hype round Goshen who has demolished 2 small fields & Tony Mullins said it’s his banker of the week in the preview show but Allmankind has already won at Cheltenham. Previous starts both had Nordano in behind them - Goshen by 11L & AMK 18L.

2:10 Ciel De Neige
2:50 Thyme Hill
3:30 Al Boum Photo
4:10 Shantou Flyer

Sky_Blue_Daz

Today I’m going for
A wave of the sea
Build Me up Buttercup
Fury road
Lost in translation
Shantou flyer

SBAndy

Annoyingly, I didn’t back any of the winners yesterday even though I picked out Min and Concertista.

Allmankind for me in the first, Solo has had one run over hurdles and is an unknown quantity whereas Allmankind won the trial of this race a few months back so is proven over course & distance.

The Albert Bartlett at 2.50 looks to be a hard-fought race. Few decent shouts but think I’ll side with Thyme Hill.

Al Boum Photo looks to be the best shout for a two-time Gold Cup winner in quite a while, with questions over a lot of the other contenders. Santini may run well if his jumping has improved.

Minella Rocco was one of my hot fancies of the week but has shortened to a rather naff price. Will still back but hope the price doesn’t shorten any further.

1.30 - Allmankind
2.50 - Thyme Hill
3.30 - Al Boum Photo
4.10 - Minella Rocco

Users who are viewing this thread