The championship era - most memorable quotes (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

So, what's your most memorable and quote, good or bad, from our time in the championship?

ccfcway

"this won't happen again" - Ray Ranson after Charlton game

"we will sign players better than healy" - ranson again

"most exciting news since we moved to ricoh" - telegraph take on sisu wanting to have the stadium owned by december

"23rd dec" - Richard keys on D day, that never happened.

"Were gonna have some fun" Looking back I am glad we said that now. Quoted after relegation from the premiership.

Image what the last ten years would have been like if we said "We are fooked!" :facepalm:

SonofErnie

"Were gonna have some fun" Looking back I am glad we said that now. Quoted after relegation from the premiership.

Image what the last ten years would have been like if we said "We are fooked!" :facepalm:

We may have had some realism from the fans and dealt with the situation the club is in much sooner, instead of demanding an instant return and paying ridiculous money for players like Lee Hughes. Instead we're in the last chance saloon facing oblivion.

coop

going back to manchester to watch u2 after our first game in the championship,i was on a bus full of stockport fans one was on his phone to his mate saying"cov great side theyl piss this league"how wrong he was

Grendel

A rare moment of humor from mcginnity. When asked by a journalist about the spiraling debt crises and his attempts at reducing it, was there light at the end of the tunnel he replied "I haven't even seen the tunnel yet".

Moff

'I couldnt ask for any more from the lads' - Various, after yet another fekking defeat

torchomatic

Confirming the club's commitment to moving out of Highfield Road and into a lavish new home, Bryan Richardson, the Coventry chairman went on: "We'll be on site in the spring, and ready to open in August 2001 - come what may. It would be a great pity if we're not playing Premiership football in one of the finest stadiums in Europe, but there's no going back."

Paxman II

"the club has no debt" "we have a 3 year plan to the premier league" "we have 20m for investment in the club and playing staff"

All were uttered by Ranson.

Oh and a classic which bar the width of a post he got away with it when he said "Dowie, you're fired!" Such timing.

jim20

Ray Ranson - "When I leave this club it will be in a better financial position then when we took over"

Ray Ranson - "The club is financially stable"

Ray Ranson - "The club is debt free"

SBS

"Pay £500 so you can call yourself a True Sky Blue and have a cushion on your seat"

Users who are viewing this thread