The Butts - CRFC Confirms it is willing to join mediation talks (2 Viewers)

Captain Dart

Can somebody show me where this 10-12k application that's is already in place?
CCC planning portal. Coventry City Council: Planning Application Search, search for Butts.

This lapsed in 2007 (per details in Decision notice)
R/2001/4962
22/10/2001 04/02/2002 Butts Stadium Butts Coventry Partial demolition and re-grading of existing sports ground and replacement with new rugby stadium incorporating three spectator stands, a business/leisure/function centre, new student residences, ancillary car parking, landscaping and access arrangements.

Grendel

7 pages for something that is pure fantasy.

The ground may not be as CRFC have stated an interest already to expand and develop. A 10-12,000 stadium is not impossible and if the club are able to get some acces to it all well and good.

Joy Division

CCC planning portal. Coventry City Council: Planning Application Search, search for Butts.

R/2001/4962
22/10/2001 04/02/2002 Butts Stadium Butts Coventry Partial demolition and re-grading of existing sports ground and replacement with new rugby stadium incorporating three spectator stands, a business/leisure/function centre, new student residences, ancillary car parking, landscaping and access arrangements.

Yes that's lapsed. Looking for the one supposedly currently in place for expansion of the current Butts Park Arena

Moff

Can somebody show me where this 10-12k application that's is already in place?

Not sure where the Planning Application rumour came from but I dont believe there is one in place. What has been suggested from a few official sources is that there are architect plans of a 15-25k stadium. (Apologies if I have got that bit wrong as it may be for a 25k stadium)

There would be no point putting in the Planning application before the bigger parts of the project are in place, namely here is the finance, as if the process got long winded and messy, or legal, your permission could eventually lapse.

fernandopartridge

R/2001/4962

I am not sure if it is really lapsed, the development began with the 3 year period. Either way, I would expect a different planning application to go in but the principle is there that in the past plans for a stadium have been passed. Looking at the objections, people seemed more bothered about the proposed student block than the stadium in itself.

Moff

So basically CCFC/CRFC need to put an application in for a drive-in brothel alongside the one for a stadium, and the residents will be so fixated with that, they won't notice the stadium one.

No the brothel could be popular so few objections. What you want is something really nasty to divert attention from plans for a new stadium, something like a planning application for a Coventry HQ for Sisu;)

Astute

As old fiver has pointed out to you the planning permission is already in place.
And why didn't anything get built?

I would say that they can't afford it. Do you really think that SISU will pay to build a stadium that they won't own? Especially as it would cost about the same as what they could have had the Ricoh for and the loan secured on it that they wouldn't take on.

Otis

And why didn't anything get built?

I would say that they can't afford it. Do you really think that SISU will pay to build a stadium that they won't own?

That's the bit that confuses me. Fisher talks of having investors and that the Butts is the preferred option, but it will be Cov Rugby's stadium and they will own it, not us and we will pay rent to them.

Normally you would expect the funding for a stadium to come from the owners of the stadium, not the club renting off the owners of the stadium.

Now of course it could be argued that as Cov Rugby want a smaller capacity than us that Sisu are coughing up some of the funding for the stadium for the increased capacity (through investors), but then if that was the case surely we would part own the stadium wouldn't we and not just be tenants.

If this is Cov's baby then surely they should be arranging the investment and building the stadium. We would just be looking to rent it off them once it is built.

What is the investment for that Fisher is talking about?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

upload_2017-3-21_16-35-36.png upload_2017-3-21_16-36-16.png

'The BPA site is not big enough to house a stadium big enough.' - Myth debunked.

Above are two screen shots:
One of the Boavista stadium (28,263 capactiy) - Perimeter: 609.847m
One of the BPA site - Perimeter: 608.406m

It would need to be clever, and it would need to be rotated a little bit to fit the same guide as I have presented.

It could definitely work however, even if the chances of it getting off the ground are remote.

fernandopartridge

That's the bit that confuses me. Fisher talks of having investors and that the Butts is the preferred option, but it will be Cov Rugby's stadium and they will own it, not us and we will pay rent to them.

Normally you would expect the funding for a stadium to come from the owners of the stadium, not the club renting off the owners of the stadium.

Now of course it could be argued that as Cov Rugby want a smaller capacity than us that Sisu are coughing up some of the funding for the stadium for the increased capacity (through investors), but then if that was the case surely we would part own the stadium wouldn't we and not just be tenants.

If this is Cov's baby then surely they should be arranging the investment and building the stadium. We would just be looking to rent it off them once it is built.

What is the investment for that Fisher is talking about?

There might be something akin to ACL that is set up with CCFC and CRFC as joint shareholders (not sure whether that be 50:50 or not). Presumably that is where any investment (if it ever happens) would go to, though I would expect that to be in return for a long lease at peppercorn rent.

Otis

View attachment 6853 View attachment 6854

'The BPA site is not big enough to house a stadium big enough.' - Myth debunked.

It would need to be clever, and it would need to be rotated a little bit to fit the same guide as I have presented.

It could definitely work however, even if the chances of it getting off the ground are remote.
Looking at that picture trains are constantly going to be travelling over one of the corner flags

Kingokings204

Genuine question:

Does anyone actually believe fisher and that the butts would actually happen?

dongonzalos

View attachment 6853 View attachment 6854

How long does it take you to walk there again? :D:D

lesturd

The Butts is the only real option now for SISU and that is why they're desperate for mediation between the various parties.

Wasps are tired of SISUs continued rhetoric, particularly with regards to the so called new stadium. Wasps plan will now be to bring in a top (or upcoming) Rugby League team to the Ricoh (probably another franchise), so that the Arena has Rugby throughout the year. Those people that think Wasps will go bust, or whatever, and we'll pick up the pieces in a few years are sadly deluded.

Certain people are very keen to make us the 'City Of Rugby' and they'll be no place at the table for the football club unless SISU go very quickly and new owners can mend the many burnt bridges. Sadly I think our days are going to get very much darker over the next few years.

Brylowes

Like all things Sisu the proof is in the pudding and as of yet they have failed at every hurdle regarding the running of the football club when it comes to making deals for the good of the club. If JR2 goes ahead i would imagine any meetings with all parties will not be cordial or progressive and become the stumbling block to go ahead with any sort of deal. The CRFC dont need CCFC, they are set up and need the CCC more in terms of any further development of the area. Its an opinion but one founded on if they didn't want friends high in council chambers they would of certainly of gone forward and work with SIsu without due care and attention of issues down the line.

So the fact Sisu want round the table is an indication that they have come to understand moving away doesn't work, not having fan, business and political relationship within the city doesn't work. They still are in trouble as you can't take parties to court than stamp your feet when the people concerned don't want to play ball unless the threat goes away, its still a mess but at least most of the parties are willing to talk which is a start.

As for the meeting again Tim got an easy ride, he is very good at hiding comments that should be noted and making a louder noise to take everyone off topic. He is an illusionist and plays the part very well especially as the audience are keen to encourage the distraction instead of watching his hand. By abusing him, shouting at him or generally given him opportunity to pivot away from topics he should answer, he takes it as a get out of jail free card.

I would be more worried about his talk of the academy, general status of the club, funding the future and what is the plan of being in L2, instead he throws the butts at us and again all are talking about a possibility more so then what as a club is our immediate future. Tim would of slept easy last night and laughed while walking his dog before hitting the pillow, while we are still fighting over the dream world in Tims head. We need to get Tim with a small group of people with vetted questions and the ability to go back and fact check his words and timelines, not a crowd baying for blood and shouting abuse, i understand the feeling but do not see how abuse create any good debate or getting to what we are all searching for, the answers of what is really going on. Tim is good at this format, but by fuck we make it easy for him to escape.[/QUOTE)
Exactly.
Bullshit and Bluster. As usual.

torchomatic

Genuine question:

Does anyone actually believe fisher and that the butts would actually happen?

Maybe it won't, but Richardson has admitted that preliminary talks have taken place so I for one like to believe it will happen or at lwast has a chance to. After all staying at the Ricoh certainly isn't going to help CCFC.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Did wonder why all the sudden activity ......

Part I think is to bury the news that JR 2 is starting to move, with Otium being involved, but there is also this paragraph in Reids article today in the Cov Observer

“The EFL is in regular dialogue with Coventry City regarding the club’s long-term stadium arrangements. The EFL Board has asked to be appraised of developments on a regular basis and will consider a full report on the current situation at its April meeting.”

Now I have no faith in the EFL ever really addressing the issues at CCFC but I should imagine the club has to show some progress given they are not meeting the FL 10 year rule

Then there is the age old reason of trying to get people to part with their money for the rest of the season and potentially for ST's - positive news always helps

Do think we are well past words from Fisher though - commitment and actions speak louder

ajsccfc

Les Reid pushing the Butts
rISZsmk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread