The Butts - CRFC Confirms it is willing to join mediation talks (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Can't really argue with anything Sharp has said. Don't think any of our supporters would want a plan that had a negative impact on the rugby club.

If this is all a smoke screen I don't get what Sharp stands to benefit by assisting Fisher / SISU?
Maybe he is just playing him along in hope that the council make some concessions that benefit the Rugby club.

wingy

Let's be honest here, The Butts is being mentioned because it's what a certain section of the fanbase wants to hear, and therefore will be more likely to be accepted. It allows the club to take the pressure off themselves for finding a ground and put it on a third party. We've seen this exact tactic a few times over the last few years and it never, ever, results in us moving towards a solution.

The question that needs answering, as it has for the last 4 years, is: what are you doing? The answer, as it has been for the last 4 years is: waiting, and stalling as much as we can.
Kind of get this, but what of the other party?
Why would Sharpe involve himself?
If TF is sorting the investment how are CRF going to own and us rent /lease?
Do shares in CRF become available to CCFC, or a.n.other Stadium management company's creation facilitate a share for the football club?
I just don't buy us being mere tenants.

chiefdave

Annoying that Moz Baker - and therefore the Trust I presume - are already sending out negative messages about a possible groundshare. We need positivity, particularly from the main fan group. They should be talking it up, not down.
The way I look at it is if we all back it there's two potential outcomes. 1) its all a load of rubbish and by supporting it and trying to push things forward that will be exposed conclusively a lot sooner; 2) there is actually a plan and I'm perfectly happy sharing a stadium in the city centre.

Don't get hung up on is it actually happening or what may or may not happen with planning, traffic, parking etc. If we get to that stage worry about it when the plans are revealed and its in consultation. For now everyone needs to get right behind it, make Fisher put up or shut up.

Nick

Administrator
make Fisher put up or shut up.

Exactly. The Trust and people trying to play it down give him a free pass.

Put statements out saying the trust will help as much as they can and fully back a central location etc etc.

Maybe it goes against the chance of them getting fan ownership?

chiefdave

If TF is sorting the investment how are CRF going to own and us rent /lease?
What I took from last night is that CRF own the site. There would then be a prop co, presumably a joint venture, which would be the company the investment was put in to. The site would still belong to CRFC and both us and CRFC would rent from the prop co. Of course rent can mean many things, £1 a year or £1m a year!

The suggestion was all football money to CCFC, all rugby money to CRFC and everything else split.

torchomatic

The way I look at it is if we all back it there's two potential outcomes. 1) its all a load of rubbish and by supporting it and trying to push things forward that will be exposed conclusively a lot sooner; 2) there is actually a plan and I'm perfectly happy sharing a stadium in the city centre.

Don't get hung up on is it actually happening or what may or may not happen with planning, traffic, parking etc. If we get to that stage worry about it when the plans are revealed and its in consultation. For now everyone needs to get right behind it, make Fisher put up or shut up.

Exactly, which is why I am disappointed though not surprised at Moz Bakers attitude.

Otis

I would absolutely love being at the Butts if it can all be pulled off and it is big enough for us to mive forwards.

It's only half an hour walk for me tops. No parking concerns, can go into town before or after the game to kill time too. Would be very beneficial to the city centre economy for restaurants and cafes etc.

Just think there will be too many barriers and it would never be built to the capacity we would adequately need.

Glad they are talking though.

ccfcricoh

I would buy a League 2 season ticket tomorrow if it was at the Butts. Not at the Ricoh though, it just has a general bad vibe about it!

Would be good to see the 2 local clubs coming together as far as i see. A 7k or 10k stadium would suit us fine until we get back to the championship so thats atleast the next few years at the very best!

fernandopartridge

I've seen the statement here a few times about the club somehow doing a deal with Wasps for a share of the non-football income. Can you please outline how that would work and fit in with Wasps' objectives?

skybluebeduff

I think after last nights appalling Trust farcical meeting with Tim, the Trust can fuck off! We really need a new type of Trust with a leader who can organise a piss up in a brewery.

clint van damme

I would buy a League 2 season ticket tomorrow if it was at the Butts. Not at the Ricoh though, it just has a general bad vibe about it!

Would be good to see the 2 local clubs coming together as far as i see. A 7k or 10k stadium would suit us fine until we get back to the championship so thats atleast the next few years at the very best!

based on that post you should perhaps think about changing your username mate!

wingy

Dual St's when it's up and running,ambitions obvious, It might make me commit, but until it's there and all the potential visible, plus my current feelings I find it hard to say I'd be more than a day tripper for matches until then.
Would solve the issue of crossover supporting both though,expansion of that would be desirable IMO

scottccfc

i'd love the idea of us moving to the BPA £3.70 return on the train few beers, we could even keep some terracing there be quicker to build and help with atmosphere

NorthernWisdom

Dual St's when it's up and running,ambitions obvious, It might make me commit, but until it's there and all the potential visible, plus my current feelings I find it hard to say I'd be more than a day tripper for matches until then.
Would solve the issue of crossover supporting both though,expansion of that would be desirable IMO
Nowt wrong with being a daytripper ;) Could also argue the new world order means CRFC have to try something different too, or risk being completely overrun by Wasps, and ending up at the level that the likes of Broadstreet and Barkers Butts have been over the years.

Nick

Administrator
Nowt wrong with being a daytripper ;) Could also argue the new world order means CRFC have to try something different too, or risk being completely overrun by Wasps, and ending up at the level that the likes of Broadstreet and Barkers Butts have been over the years.

thing is, if people are in the habit of going there then they are more likely to want to go along to CRFC and support them. Especially if there were linked offers.

ricohroar

latest
25,000 seats in a nice compact steep stadium in the town center, bring it on.
Anything less than 20,000 clearly shows no ambition to ever win promotion.

Nick

Administrator
latest

the way to go about that is to get 20,000 to put down something that they would buy a ST if it happened ;)

letsallsingtogether

thing is, if people are in the habit of going there then they are more likely to want to go along to CRFC and support them. Especially if there were linked offers.
Until everyone starts moaning that the Eggmen have ruined the pitch and should fuck off.

Joy Division

latest

Sounds great doesn't it. Shame there is no chance of it happening at the Butts.

ashbyjan

My personal view is that if it can be shown that this scheme benefits our football club and the supporters than we should be 100% behind it. If these plans have been going on for over two years then surely there must be something that can be shown to the supporters? Last night Fisher made it clear that the ground would belong to the rugby club and CCFC would simply be tenants - any benefit to CCFC would be from access to match day and off field revenues. Fisher stated last night that this was a substantial amount and that in the last year at HR it was over £1.5m (checking the accounts he appears to have over stated this by about £500k but hey ho). If this income strengthens the team and makes the club more viable and saleable then I am all for it.

People are asking about capacity, how this modular system would be done, how the ground would look, what are the plans, transport issues etc etc. He said all these had been addressed - well show us then.

If its viable and real then I am 100% behind it - I have no emotional tie to the Ricoh and a city centre location would be good for a variety of obvious reasons.

However the one problem I do for see is that for this scheme to work it will need the full co-operation of the council and Wasps (as we will need temporary home) and if or when JR2 is launched by Seppala then will all this co-operation be unforthcoming? Will the rugby club wan to work with CCFC if it in any way threatens their plans? If Seppala realy is hurting and allegedly cares so much then publically withdraw the threat of JR2 and let all parties get on with securing a future for CCFC and CRFC

chiefdave

How do Coventry Bears and Coventry United fit in with this plan? There's no way four teams can use BPA
If you read between the lines of what Sharp said when announcing Cov Utd playing there that will stop if we move there.

Bears is in the summer so less of an issue, hasn't there been rumours of Wasps wanting them at the Ricoh?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

latest

That's a good model, if you look at it in more detail the Boavista stadium is really steep and compact. The atmosphere would be really good, especially if one of the lower tier's behind the goal had a terrace.

Someone could do a comparison with the maps, but I've coped an ariel photo in here. The actual capacity of that stadium is about 28,000 I believe.

boavista-porto-stadium-86134.jpg

upload_2017-3-21_13-32-16.png

Brylowes

Can't really argue with anything Sharp has said. Don't think any of our supporters would want a plan that had a negative impact on the rugby club.

If this is all a smoke screen I don't get what Sharp stands to benefit by assisting Fisher / SISU?
Perhaps he's not behind the smokescreen, wouldn't be the first to be duped by SISU,
After all they've been doing it to us lot for years, and still getting away with it.

Nick

Administrator
What cracks me up is that the Trust are so eager to keep pointing out nobody is going to renew or go to games and act smug about it but then moan about the ground not being big enough.

The best way is to say "fuck yeah, here's 20,000 people who have vowed to get a season ticket if we go to the butts, it's a great location". That would confuse them ;)

Brylowes

What happened to needing to own our own ground, what happened to needing access to
Revenue streams 365 days of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread